+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Finally did it ( should've brought runic)

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Would totally recommend dreamstage. It allows you to totally avoid the scripted gravija, as well as an additional aoe thunder or flare star.

Edit: would have totally taken Selphie over Yuna if I'd thought about it. Blink was waaaaaay more useful than regen in this fight.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Didn't live up to the hype for me at all, was easier than Steiner. Totally needed that Lightning accessory tho this would've been impossible withou- oh.

Celes once again proving she's the best girl.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Steiner killed 3 of my party at the end, and I only lost 1 medal for KO's.

I get Kuja down to 30% and then rape happens. Runic would help a lot. Does he stop using physical attacks at one point where I can ignore protect and use Runic?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Also, Celes was resisting Gigavolt and stuff for me despite not having any lightning resist. Does Kaiser Shield have a hidden property?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Steiner killed 3 of my party at the end, and I only lost 1 medal for KO's.

I get Kuja down to 30% and then rape happens. Runic would help a lot. Does he stop using physical attacks at one point where I can ignore protect and use Runic?
    I didn't use protect at all

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

U was a pushover for me with tauntaliate and r3 dark zone. Mastered easily with no medals lost with:

Spoiler: show

Locke - Lifesiphon r4 / Thief's Revenge r3 / Dagger Damage +20% / Valiant Strike
    Lenna - Curaja r5 / Protectga r3 / Doublecast / Princess's Favor
    Kuja - Dark Zone r3 / Memento Mori r2 / Devotion / default sb
    Ramza - Full Break r2 / Power Breakdown r4 / Mako Might / Shout
    Greg - Retaliate r5 / Draw Fire r4 / Sword Damage + 20% / Faithful Companion

U+ took me a few S/L, and had to change my healer's RM to have a medica to better deal with the scripted gravija. Eventually mastered with 0 medals lost with:

Spoiler: show

Lightning - Lifesiphon r4 / Dismissal r4 / Ace Striker / Crushing Blow
    Lenna - Curaja r5 / Protectga r3 / Dr Mog / Princess's Favor
    Kuja - Dark Zone r3 / Memento Mori r2 / Devotion / Dread of Death
    Ramza - Full Break r2 / Magic Breakdown r4 / Mako Might / Shout
    Agrias - Saint Cross r3 / Shellga r3 / Holy Knight's Pride / Cleansing Strike

This one seemed a bit squishier than previous U+ fights, had to hold back a bit to recover from gravija before pushing him below 50% for trance mode.

Dark zone was hitting for 2x 8500 with just memento mori with 469 mag, and 2x 9999 with en-dark active, so it seems quite solid to run even in a shout group. It was outdamaging my saint cross which was hitting for about 14k.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bladen Ansgar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Exodar

Are either of these dark abilities any good? I am reading their descriptions and even with their synergy with each other these seem pretty useless if it forces me into bringing esuna/reraise just to avoid death.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

2/2, though only mastered on second try (switched protect for reflect, and power break for mental break).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Bladen Ansgar View Post
    Are either of these dark abilities any good? I am reading their descriptions and even with their synergy with each other these seem pretty useless if it forces me into bringing esuna/reraise just to avoid death.
    I brought the dark zone / memento mori combo to U and U+ in place of one of my melees in a shout group, dark zone was hitting for 20k on U (dark weak) and 17k on U+ with 469 mag, devotion RM, and the mag buff from memento mori + full break. I won both fights with plenty of time on the doom counter activating RW on turn 1, then memento mori on turn 2.

45 seconds is quite a bit of time actually, just under the duration of 2 walls, so if you're able to beat the fights before your second wall runs out, the doom isnt really an issue.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Thunder resist accessories made it easy, but I had to adjust to go more offensive to get mastery.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Wow, Kuju hits hard as fuck. Did the SB cheese and still didn't master since had to keep healing constantly. Going to go back using reflect next.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Only got expert, lost two at the end. May try later swapping Locke with another heavy hitter that can still do dismissal.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Bladen Ansgar View Post
    They're amazing. Especially if you manage to pull one of the relics that give Endark like Kuja's gloves.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Mastered both, Arc's Magic Blink was once again MVP in Kuja fight, ended up blocking Gravija and his other aoe magic.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Magic Blink and Runic are incredibly helpful here but don't forget the damage as you'll need to avoid losing Action medals as much as possible. Also don't bother with physical mitigation or Mental Break/down (for medal condition), use Full Break instead.
    Reflect can be a solution but you'll need Magic Lure. I wouldn't suggest Carbuncle because he spams AoE towards the end.
    Overall an easy fight imo, I still managed to master despite him killing Ramza like halfway through (R.I.P. ).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Magic Blink and Runic are incredibly helpful here but don't forget the damage as you'll need to avoid losing Action medals as much as possible. Also don't bother with physical mitigation or Mental Break/down (for medal condition), use Full Break instead.
    Reflect can be a solution but you'll need Magic Lure. I wouldn't suggest Carbuncle because he spams AoE towards the end.
    Overall an easy fight imo, I still managed to master despite him killing Ramza like halfway through (R.I.P. ).
    Another case against carbuncle, he changes his moveset to use only flare star if your entire party has reflect up so you wont reflect anything at all. Lure/Reflect should be viable though

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Corwen View Post
    Another case against carbuncle, he changes his moveset to use only flare star if your entire party has reflect up so you wont reflect anything at all. Lure/Reflect should be viable though
    He does that in the ultimate +'too?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    He does that in the ultimate +'too?
    Yes he does, according to the guy on reddit who mines the AI for the bosses:

From Weak Form onwards, if all currently alive party members have the Reflect status, Kuja will use his current form's Flare Star instead of any random action. This does not stop him from using Gravija in Weak Form, and he will still cast Flare Star twice while in Trance and Trance Weak Form.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

By far the easiest U battle, won with no medals lost. I'll try the U+ battle once I get back from the cinema.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast