BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    I think there are a few characters who'd like a word with you..

Like this guy:
    Spoiler: show

And this one:

This one would like a word too:

This one too (although maybe he doesn't have as much to say?):
    You forgot the best Mega Man. It's ok, someday Volnutt will get off the moon. And yes I'm still bitter about Legends 3 getting canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    The Zero games had an amazing story. Would've loved to see a series based on those.
    I'd love to see a series that goes from Classic > X > Zero > Legends but that's expecting too much from Capcom.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

with Man of Action (the company behind Ben 10 and the characters of Big Hero 6), as executive producers who will be overseeing writing and story
    these guys are mix bag, hell the show could be good but what I remember they were removed from Marvel animated shows because people hated how they handled the characters and would have killed them to use the classic look?

ironically the best mega man animation will still be the canceled mega man online intro.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaun View Post
    You forgot the best Mega Man. It's ok, someday Volnutt will get off the moon. And yes I'm still bitter about Legends 3 getting canceled.
    It never stops hurting bro, it never stops...

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Mega Man animated series delayed to 2018, will air on Cartoon Network instead of Disney XD
    http://nintendowire.com/news/2017/04...-delayed-2018/

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Mega Man animated series delayed to 2018, will air on Cartoon Network instead of Disney XD
    http://nintendowire.com/news/2017/04...-delayed-2018/
    This pretty much the kiss of death. CN will broadcast it in dead hours then cancel the show and broadcast the remaining episode on Boomerang. I am not surprised Disney decided to pass on it. everything looks bad from character designs and animation clips released.

I wouldn't be surprised the year delay is fixing the Animation and what Cartoon Network wants or will allow in the network.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised the year delay is fixing the Animation

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

fucking awful

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

It couldn’t look worse even if they tried

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

OMG kill it with fire! Seriously, kill it with fire!

2018 and they can't even come close to the quality of 1990s MegaMan.....

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

omfg...and to think if they use this model of MM in future games...FML

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Its like a worse version of the MM3 box art. Why are they obsessed with a wide-faced, constantly-smirking Megaman? Smirks look like shit on him.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I hope Steven Universe has a chance to finish. Cartoon Network is such a hot fucking mess right now.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

As much as I like Ian, Steven Universe is part of the problem.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Ian? And how is SU part of the problem? It gets the random schedule hiatus and episode releases that CN loves to doom franchises with; Despite it being a genuinely good show with a huge fanbase.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

No. I'm talking more art-style than anything. This generation of cartoon's art style. They aren't 100% relevant to one another, I just strongly dislike the current trend of cartoon art styles.

Shit trends, unfortunately. Similar to how South Park ushered an era of Flash-based animation, we're in this trend of mediocre uncanny valley CGI or super deformed like the recently announced TCG. I know it's pretty broken record of me, but I ducked out of the animation industry back in the day precisely because I didn't like the direction we seemed to be heading and here we are 15 years later grumbling about ruined childhoods and not wanting so much regurgitated shit.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That really is something awful. The design just looks like a bad chinese rip off of Megaman called Superguy

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

SDCC Posters

Old Merits
    BG Level

That guy certainly skipped leg day more than once, though it actually does look interesting aside from Megaman's design. Then again, probably boils down to how much this has to do with being used to other designs.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Sounds like there will be a trailer tomorrow (July 20th).

Clip at the beginning of this video;

Press Release
    Here's the official synopsis/mission statement for Mega Man: Fully Charged:

Created for kids 6 to 11, and their parents who grew up loving the video games, Mega Man: Fully Charged features exciting new technologies and robots, and the introduction of Mega Man’s alter-ego, Aki Light, a normal, upbeat, schoolboy robot with nano-core technology that allows him to transform into the mega-powered hero Mega Man! With his Mega Buster arm cannon and iconic helmet, Mega Man battles the wickedest villains Silicon City has to offer. Beloved characters, such as Mega Man’s robotic dog, Rush, will return – while new characters, like Mega Mini™ and Suna Light, will make their debut.

Ben 10 creators Joe Casey, Joe Kelly, Duncan Rouleau and Steven T. Seagle (the quartet behind Man of Action Entertainment) are developing the new Mega Man animated TV series for Capcom for a 26-episode run. As Executive Producer/Story Editor Kelly comments in a new statement:

“Mega Man is exactly the kind of hero we need right now. Optimistic, inquisitive and more focused on helping others and understanding adversaries than just locking them up. We love this character.”

Additionally, Yuichi Kinoshita, President & CEO, Dentsu Entertainment USA, is implying that we can expect the series to inspire an array of new merchandising, stating:

“Following Capcom’s announcement of the new Mega Man 11® video game, we are thrilled to be launching an exciting new animated series, Mega Man: Fully Charged. From TV and YouTube to video games and toy shelves, Mega Man will soon be everywhere kids are watching and playing.”

In a press release last year, Duncan Rouleau teased how the new Mega Man animated series will contrast with the 1990s version:

"The 1990s Mega Man TV series was cool and different than other series targeted at kids during that time. It featured great action, but also brought the laughs. Mega Man is a character that is even more relevant for today’s kids and we are really looking forward to creating something new that still respects the long tradition of the character."

Indeed, the Mega Man multiverse has spawned over 130 video games on multiple gaming systems, selling over 30 million copies worldwide, as well as a plethora of toys, comics and collectibles. A highly-rated Mega Man TV series was popular in the USA in the 1990s and aired for several seasons.