BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Mega Man: Fully Charged (CN) - August 5, 2018

New details about the Mega Man animated series, coming in 2017!
    We’ve got some special news for you today – Mega Man will be in a brand new animated series from Dentsu Entertainment, with Man of Action (the company behind Ben 10 and the characters of Big Hero 6), as executive producers who will be overseeing writing and story development! While the show is slated to launch in 2017 – the same year as Mega Man’s 30th anniversary – we’ve got a sneak peek for you today at how Mega Man will appear in the upcoming show, as well as some insight into the story and characters you can expect to meet.

If you’re an 80s or 90s kid, you may remember an animated series about the fighting robot (sing it with me now: Mega Man!) that ran for two seasons during the mid-90s. It was a fresh, and unique, if not sometimes silly, take on Mega Man, and one that a lot of people (including myself) remember fondly. The new animated Mega Man series will follow Aki Light – a normal, upbeat, and above all optimistic young school-aged robot living in Silicon City. He soon learns that deep within his programming are secret protocols that allow him to transform – giving him nanocore armor, a Mega Buster, and the iconic helmet to turn him into a superhero – Mega Man!

Promising exciting new technologies and new robots, the series will follow the adventures and trials of Aki Light – a.k.a. Mega Man – as he faces off against threats to Silicon City, while trying to keep his superhero identity a secret and maintain a normal robot schoolkid life.

It’ll be a great way for newcomers and younger fans to meet Mega Man for the first time, and a treat for fans who grew up with the games, featuring the return of beloved characters like everyone’s favorite robot canine, Rush! Be sure to keep an eye out for the Blue Bomber’s animated adventures in 2017 – the same year as Mega Man’s 30th anniversary!
    http://www.capcom-unity.com/capkel/b...coming-in-2017

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Is it technically a return of a favorite character if you fundamentally change their entire background and setting? Is it really?

Also the new art looks like a deviantart OC.

I would instead have it made an Anime with a lot of violence and shit. This looks potentially horrible.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    Is it technically a return of a favorite character if you fundamentally change their entire background and setting? Is it really?

Also the new art looks like a deviantart OC.
    I think there are a few characters who'd like a word with you..

Like this guy:
    Spoiler: show

And this one:

This one would like a word too:

This one too (although maybe he doesn't have as much to say?):

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

X is a direct departure from the mainline series, and Zero is a departure from the X series.

I admit I didn't play the other two. You've got a fair point, though. Wasn't Lan from BN the closest to the new show? Maybe I'm jumping the gun, but the others all seem to have "robot built for combating evil robots" as part of the heritage. The new one seems almost sentai-ish in the premise.

You're right that my grognard is showing, though..!

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I've actually made myself wish they'd make an X series now, and I blame you for that

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    I've actually made myself wish they'd make an X series now, and I blame you for that
    We got two episodes teasing how amazing it could have been in the old series, and it's haunted us all since then. Did you ever see the Day of Sigma video released on the Maverick Hunter X game? It's the only thing we have to console ourselves.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

X is a direct departure from the mainline series, and Zero is a departure from the X series.

I admit I didn't play the other two. You've got a fair point, though. Wasn't Lan from BN the closest to the new show? Maybe I'm jumping the gun, but the others all seem to have "robot built for combating evil robots" as part of the heritage. The new one seems almost sentai-ish in the premise.

You're right that my grognard is showing, though..!
    BN and Starforce take place in an alternate timeline where Dr. Light and Dr. Wily's backers decided to support Dr. Light's "Online Network" idea instead of Dr. Wily's "Robot" idea and it was meant to be a reference to how we as a society went toward a network era instead of the robotic futuristic era that we envisioned. Lan doesn't technically do anything but plug his network AI into things to solve internet problems essentially.

This to me looks like they're taking preconceived "average superhero identity" story and slapping MegaMan on it and hoping people will buy into it. Do Not Want!

Edit: now that i'm rereading the original post, this sounds the closest to the Starforce series, since in that series, its set around same time as the X series and the main character encounters an alien named "Mega" and can fuse with him to become "Mega Man" and essentially tries to carry on with school life while keeping his identity secret and stopping bad Aliens, although SF was actually cooler then my summary of it .

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

We got two episodes teasing how amazing it could have been in the old series, and it's haunted us all since then. Did you ever see the Day of Sigma video released on the Maverick Hunter X game? It's the only thing we have to console ourselves.
    A series based on that and a series based on the Zero games would have been so fucking fantastic .

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    I would instead have it made an Anime with a lot of violence and shit. This looks potentially horrible.
    That's not Megaman. It'd be jarring, silly and out of character.

Megaman works best as a kids show, as he's a wholly do-good robot. The concept as pitched sounds alot like some pretty well-trod ground so that's a bit discouraging.

I'd have rather Megaman just be a full-time robot but hey, they have to pitch this stuff to the kiddies somehow. Why do robots need to go to school again? Yeah...

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Maverick Hunter was supposed to be an entire series remastering the X games but it sold so poorly on the PSP (GEE I WONDER WHY) that Capcom killed it after that and Powered Up! failed spectacularly.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

A Megaman X series would have been a good place to explore a more mature storyline but Capcom hates Megaman and wishes that Doctor Light aborted him. Day of Sigma was pretty awesome, as were those cutscenes in Megaman X4 if you muted it to avoid some of that classic 90s era voicework.

WHATAREYOUDOING
    STOPTHECOUPNOW

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Maverick Hunter was supposed to be an entire series remastering the X games but it sold so poorly on the PSP (GEE I WONDER WHY) that Capcom killed it after that and Powered Up! failed spectacularly.
    Spent more time playing emulated shit on my PSP than actual PSP games. Probably why I didn't bother to get a Vita either.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    A Megaman X series would have been a good place to explore a more mature storyline but Capcom hates Megaman and wishes that Doctor Light aborted him. Day of Sigma was pretty awesome, as were those cutscenes in Megaman X4 if you muted it to avoid some of that classic 90s era voicework.

WHATAREYOUDOING
    STOPTHECOUPNOW
    LOL that was my first ever MMX game and it made me want a MMX anime so fucking bad!

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I had forgotten X showed up in the original cartoon.. I hate you even more right now >.>

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    I had forgotten X showed up in the original cartoon.. I hate you even more right now >.>
    Hey, you're the one who tried to stop my grognarding with your facts and your pictures and your valid points! That'll teach you!

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Totally watching the episode now, and Vile brings Spark Mandrill with him?? That's the best he can do?

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

It was a bad episode, they made X seem like a jock. Also misspelled Sigma iirc lol.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    It was a bad episode, they made X seem like a jock. Also misspelled Sigma iirc lol.
    I'm sure the worst episode of that series will be better than this bullshit they're making.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

The Zero games had an amazing story. Would've loved to see a series based on those.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast