1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 52 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 12 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 21 hours, 52 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I wish they'd stop releasing patches with little to no group content, but if they're here to stay then the option that lets me skip them is preferable.

Also, while six/seven month-long raid tiers are definitely too long, three month-long raid tiers feel too short to me. With easy content rewarding higher ilevel than the raid every 3 months, there'd be even less of a point in raiding for a lot of people.
    I didn't really think of it in that sense. Was thinking that "at least every patch is progress" if you do it backwards. But you make a good point. Maybe that's why we're still in the 6-month cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    However, if we must have a reason to keep on killing Garuda EX five years from now for non-vanity rewards, I'd much prefer something like a daily/weekly quest that points you towards defeating a randomly chosen trial/encounter at minimum ilevel or something like that.
    This would be great if only so you can see how many people do brute force cheese methods and don't know the "intended" mechanics of certain fights.

And by that I mean you also make this a DF roulette.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So since new weapons are coming, I suppose they would have to be i235 so as not to impact alexander savage gear and keep them 'relevant'? Kinda of like how they did it with Thordan Ex? Unless the new VA area drops weapon upgrades, the new EX would be the sole source of 'best' weapons until the lore weapons are able to be upgraded outside of savage. Carrot on a string for us players not interested in raids XD

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

or i240 since savage weps are i245

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I can't wait til they get to ilvl999 and realize they have to reboot the numbering system.

It's not that the dungeons weren't meant to be replayed. It's that there is 0 depth to battle mechanics, making every run the exact same aside from variations in the quality of players you get in your DF. With a properly interesting battle system, even spamming one dungeon can become interesting. When there are multiple ways of doing something, or multiple roles to choose between that all play completely differently, suddenly there is depth. As long as XIV has jobs that need to stick to rigid rotations for max DPS and are only different in name (and otherwise cloned off each other with their only differences being barely consequential shit), of course there isn't going to be a replayability factor. This applies to the enemies as well as the jobs; the enemies in XIV are completely 100% predictable once you memorize the order they do their moves in. You only need 2 skills to be good at XIV - how fast you can push buttons and how well you can memorize a pattern.

Shit's boring.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I don't think that's even possible in a tab target mmo. the problem is magic gets messy and impossible to balance in action rpg's look at pso. in every game magic is either OP or gimp and action rpg tend to be devoid of roles everyone is a damage dealer.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

While true, even in PSO/PSO2 unless you're with a bunch of people enemy balance is more in the difficulty level and the fact there's "rare" versions of even boss monsters which are more resistance/higher hp/different resistance etc that keeps you from being OP/Gimp unless you yourself decided to only specialize in Dark Magic for example because it was OP and x amount of bosses fell over after 2 casts but you didn't account for Extra Hard rare spawn being absolutely resistant to it.

I mean, even XI wasn't the pinnacle of balance but I much prefer shit like Puppetmaster and Blue Mage. The fact they CAN do shit and admitted at pax they simply don't want to is the biggest indication they're content as long as they get the money. Mog Station is clearly pulling in more than enough money they don't have to change anything. This game would be more fun if it wasn't ironically as restricted that people said 2.x+ wouldn't be compared to 1.x, since people (not the wiser ones) seem to perfectly accept all of the "servers will crash blahblah" issues but were up in arms about 1.x's server issues - if the reason we're restricted and even got that GCD in the first place is due to "balance" and "server issues" you'd think more people would be pushing for change like they did in 1.x.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Speaking of PSO, anybody else hoping this lv1 dungeon thing in 14 will be like PSO's Challenge Mode? Man, that shit was so much fun back on the Dreamcast!
    I'd seriously consider resubbing a month if it's like Challenge Mode from PSO.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    With a properly interesting battle system, even spamming one dungeon can become interesting.
    All those failed korean MMOs will be real happy to hear this.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    if the reason we're restricted and even got that GCD in the first place is due to "balance" and "server issues" you'd think more people would be pushing for change like they did in 1.x.
    The reason we got this GCD in the first place is that this is the pace of combat they wanted to set, which is pretty much a slower WoW clone - it's not like they've been vague or insincere about the type of the game they set out to make.

Regardless, the game is over two years old now and we're on the way to the second expansion - I feel like the window of pushing for huge changes (such as revamping the battle system) is long gone. The game has clearly been profitable enough for the devs and they have found a small playerbase that actually pays for their game. Maybe if more people had spoken with their wallets instead of simply crying on the forums the developers might've done things differently.

The people that cared enough to keep playing and posting criticisms are the minority of the minority, most people just quit and forgot about it.

But the fact is enough of the playerbase is content with the game as it is and nothing is going to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    People are happy to double their sub fees with retainers and throw extra money at SE hand over fist for a glorified fashion sim and chatroom.

I've said it before, the problem isn't that SE isn't making a better game, the problem is they don't have to.

Devoted FF fans and a vanity shop are more than enough to keep the game going and probably very profitable with a bare bones dev team for a long time to come.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So I guess there are 4 new Roulette Expert dungeons this patch? OK.

As far as longevity and interest, every patch makes the problem with this game more and more apparent: no customization of characters, gear that is boring as dirt, and the only reason to do any content older than the last major patch is glamour.

I'm going to go ahead and just call it now: this game is, and will continue to be, significantly inferior to XI. For all the problems XI had, at least that game gave you a reason to play it. XIV has a major problem with creating goals to attain. This game has had 3 years to get its act together and the devs still refuse to acknowledge the problem.

I'll probably continue to play this game as long as most of my IRL best friends continue to play it, but I feel pretty unhappy doing so.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I'll probably continue to play this game as long as most of my IRL best friends continue to play it, but I feel pretty unhappy doing so.
    This is where I've been with it since 3.0. The game doesn't need more expansions which they are already planning. They've got a huge empty world that has almost no open world content. FATEs have been a joke since launch and they chose to do nothing about it which from the starting gun should've been a red flag. It seems so simple to make this game even a little bit better but they're afraid of stepping outside of their box and doing anything differently. Look at Diadem. It was different and before a month had passed it was nerfed into the ground to fit into FFXIV's safety box. It's received several other nerfs since then as well.

FFXIV isn't about having fun. It's about what can be done in the comfort zone. And that's why this game has become mostly mediocre recycled bullshit with misguided, disconnected attempts at creating "new" content.

I'd love to know who thought this game's pvp would ever reach anything remotely close to eSports. And then I'd like to fire them. Feels as time goes on we need new blood. The thinktank is empty.

Of the things in this patch, I'll be looking forward to Aquapolis and PotD. The rest is pretty much the exact same recycled hogwash we've had since launch. I want to be excited for Frontlines but when it's on it's 4th iteration, I'm more concerned than anything. They haven't managed to create any sort of rewarding pvp system in all this time. It all goes stale and dies. Leaving you with a rushed sense of "do it now or you'll never do it at all" feeling.

It leaves me wondering why they let that happen instead of trying to do something about it. Much like the rest of the game.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

It leaves me wondering why they let that happen instead of trying to do something about it. Much like the rest of the game.
    Because you guys keep giving them money and keep playing the game. Why would they care to try and fix anything or change anything? It's been said in this thread multiple times, everyone else left and doesn't play this game and is speaking with their money. The rest are content buying items from their cash shop and receiving the same style of content.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Because you guys keep giving them money and keep playing the game. Why would they care to try and fix anything or change anything? It's been said in this thread multiple times, everyone else left and doesn't play this game and is speaking with their money. The rest are content buying items from their cash shop and receiving the same style of content.
    to be honest i am more concerned where FFXI is heading towards with Ambuscade and the monthly reset. Its smells and sounds and feels as fishy as the tomestone shit they did in FFXIV ¬.¬. I know low dev team blablabla end of 11 blabla, but they starting to copy the things i dont like from 14 ._., Luckily Ambuscade isnt mandatory gearwise (yet, or only to some degree).

the random generated dungeon with random enemys looks promising, fingers crossed they didnt fuck it up!

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

They fucked it up already though by making it not tied to your own strength.

The right direction with the wrong incentive maybe ... (vanity only rewards as far as we understand).

@Spider-dan: where does it say 4 expert dungeons?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cem Bob
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Appie View Post
    Speaking of PSO, anybody else hoping this lv1 dungeon thing in 14 will be like PSO's Challenge Mode? Man, that shit was so much fun back on the Dreamcast!
    I'd seriously consider resubbing a month if it's like Challenge Mode from PSO.
    I'd love this. Considering PSO lacked all that much depth to combat, they did a really good job of balancing challenge mode to be both rewarding and fun. Though given the FFXIV teams track record of creating balanced, fun, and challenging events/dungeons with actual worthwhile rewards, I'm not going to get my hopes up just yet.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    @Spider-dan: where does it say 4 expert dungeons?
    Curious too did i miss something

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Everything says 2. He is probably counting VA2 and Deep Dungeon by mistake.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Everything says 2. He is probably counting VA2 and Deep Dungeon by mistake.
    So wait there's four things that look like dungeons. Hullbreaker hard, aquapolos, city of the dead, and sou khai(sp?). Which are experts and which are something else? Sorry i just watched the trailer i thought it was an older one i saw already.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven19 View Post
    So wait there's four things that look like dungeons. Hullbreaker hard, aquapolos, city of the dead, and sou khai(sp?). Which are experts and which are something else? Sorry i just watched the trailer i thought it was an older one i saw already.

Aquapolos is the treasure map dungeon.
    City of the Dead, is the random map Deep Dungeon zone coming with 3.35

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Aquapolos is the treasure map dungeon.