1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 20 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 13 hours, 22 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    This was exactly what Hamlet Defense in 1.0 was, right down to DoH/DoL participation (DoH gave buffs, DoL gave enfeebs).

It was instanced tho, but it was difficult enough to require a lot of strategy and planning.
    I honestly forgot that was even a thing since I never did it. I was thinking more of ToAU's Beseiged and WOTG's provisions combined.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Hamlet Defense was amazing...in concept, but to be fair not much they could do on that unfinished core. I loved Besieged, Campaign and even EcoWarrior back in the day. I think this game could benefit from a Delve/Skirmish content type system..but without the god damn weekly limit just to stall progress artificially.

I enjoyed Hamlet quite a bit actually, you had to coordinate buffs/debuffs with eachother, the combat people had to target and deal with specific mobs, healers had to keep the NPCs alive, it did get a bit monotonous if you were after the relic tokens tho since there wasn't much variation.

I will say that while I appreciated the effort to include DoH/DoL into the event and gave them a very important role (the effects they gave made or break the whole thing) they were very boring to actually play as.

Probably would have been more fun if there was a brief "preparation" stage to the fight where people could make buff/debuff materials before the enemy arrived and stock them up for later activation, with everyone switching to a combat class for the fight itself.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ragns View Post
    Proper trailer:

Somoene just posted this up on reddit lol

http://i.imgur.com/lFvJ1Kq.png

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

To be honest, I actually believe the game would benefit greatly if it contained more gated weekly content, but it would certainly need more of it for all times - not piece meals per patch. It would be best to introduce several types of viable/relevant content that can be placed on rotation with your friends and FC provided it contained longevity. With a few events here and there it could work for XIV as well it did for XI. If you think about it, supplemental fillers already exist by way of tome farms, weekly quests, beastquests, relic, and crafting. You could add additional filler by creating arbitrary group entry requirements that can be worked on solo or lowman throughout the week to prepare for the event for whenever the group decides to challenge it. XIV simply falls short every time by neglecting the open empty world map.

Whether intentional or unintentional most FFXI's major content was set weekly (when I played). You had Salvage, Nyzul,Assault, Dynamis, Limbus, ENMs, Sea, Zeni NMs, Einherjar even Abyssea at that time. You also had decent fillers like magian trials, campaigns, besieged.. I am sure there is more I am just not remembering them.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Hamlet Defense was amazing...in concept, but to be fair not much they could do on that unfinished core. I loved Besieged, Campaign and even EcoWarrior back in the day. I think this game could benefit from a Delve/Skirmish content type system..but without the god damn weekly limit just to stall progress artificially.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I think more gated weekly content would just end up being run by statics if its 8 man. It would need to be larger scale for FC's and Linkshells to be run. I would love to see a 24 man raid tuned a bit higher - I like weeping city and would love an extreme version of it.

I wish they would change the caps such as Lore and Red scripts so that the max cap increases each week so if you miss a week you don't fall behind. Kind of like the Leve allowances.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

In FFXI's case, the important distinction was all the content mentioned was for 75 and accessing/doing it was vastly different. Not only that, each event has a variety of different gear which usually has 1 item that's best in slot for X job. With no ilvl and the allowance for gear swaps, collecting the specific bits of gear was imperative if you want to be the good. There's also no ilvl system at the time, so an item's value is based on its usefulness when number crunched out.

The problem we got with FFXIV at the moment is that any given new event/boss/trial/thing will inevitably drop ALL items for all classes. We're all funneled into a specific content with nearly no diversity, tailored to our play or lifestyles, to get the gear we need grow.

As it stands, it's like this for each current patch:
    Scum Casual: Dungeons
    Casual: The 24mans
    TryHards: The current coil/alex
    <<Currency Gear>>
    8 best friends: savage

And no flexibility in terms of party with it either.

In comparison:
    If you're casual in FFXI you can do nearly partially all of the content, you just won't be rewarded as much. i.e. You might only be able to do Genbu in Sky. Or farm floor 20 of nyzul.
    If you're hardcore in FFXI you can do all the content for long periods of time.

All with as many or little people as you like.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Magian Trials were not decent fillers.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    Fire weather requirements being among the king of shit.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Fire weather requirements being among the king of shit.
    I raise that with leaden salute killshots on undead targets!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    I raise that with leaden salute killshots on undead targets!
    Yeah, but that's for a more specific group of people, while a major portion of population had to do fire weather stuff

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So in an interview, the following is said about the 3.0 moogle questline:

Y: The people in charge of side quests worked very hard, and thanks to them, most of the player feedback has been "Apart from the moogle quests, the story this time was very entertaining".

Q: It feels like all players in the world have a deep hatred toward moogles (laughs).

Y: We regret this a lot... We've been thinking of creating a chance for the moogles to redeem themselves in the future.
    And also this:

I already talked to the team about the Moogle side quests, because they are quite tiresome and tedious jobs. For the future, we like to remove this type of quest.
    And, admittedly secondhand, this:

Yoshida saying he made the Moogle quests crafter ones since too many ppl got pissed off by 3.0 moogle sidequests ww
    So Moogle Beast Tribes are released, and guess what the prereqs are?

YOU MUST COMPLETE THE MOOGLE SIDEQUESTS FIRST.

That's right: the "quite tiresome and tedious" questline that they "regret a lot" is A PREREQUISITE to unlock the new moogle beast tribe content that is supposed to be the APOLOGY for them introducing such poor content in the first place.

wtf is this shit

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    Maybe not exactly innovative or exciting, but they were usually something to do without requiring that perfect group. Would honestly prefer some other game to adopt the system than just be yet another dungeon spamming MMO.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post

wtf is this shit
    Hey man, moogles can't redeem themselves unless they do something wrong first

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Maybe not exactly innovative or exciting, but they were usually something to do without requiring that perfect group. Would honestly prefer some other game to adopt the system than just be yet another dungeon spamming MMO.
    I loved the magian trials. The ONLY objectives I hated were the NM ones because while I love the sentiment, they chose NMs no one cared for 99% of the time largely due to trashy drops/no drops or the absolute shit spawn conditions and spawn range, like a PH damn near across the map pops the NM in a tiny corner of the map you have to rush to. (exaggeration but we all know those kind of NMs.)

Also yes, of course beast tribes requires you to do the stuff SE says they realize is bad and apologized for. They have no funding or staff to properly work on this game that it's absolutely impossible for them to have a new set of quests NOT require something people submitted feedback for.

Last year.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    So in an interview, the following is said about the 3.0 moogle questline:

And also this:

And, admittedly secondhand, this:

So Moogle Beast Tribes are released, and guess what the prereqs are?

YOU MUST COMPLETE THE MOOGLE SIDEQUESTS FIRST.

That's right: the "quite tiresome and tedious" questline that they "regret a lot" is A PREREQUISITE to unlock the new moogle beast tribe content that is supposed to be the APOLOGY for them introducing such poor content in the first place.

wtf is this shit
    Well, he never said these dailies were an apology but a way to redeem the moogles. How could you understand the frustration of going through all this crap without doing it yourself first?
    It's also been 1 year since their release, I couldn't last that long with all those quest markers on my map.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

"Hey guys, we know grinding out specific coil drops is tedious and annoying, so we have implemented a token system for Alexander.

However, to unlock the token exchange you must first turn in a full matching set of coil gear, because otherwise, you have not sufficiently Experienced The Struggle and you have not earned relief."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6