+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, destroying the armor only lowers its stats but no lightning weakness this time.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Took all of the SB guage charges faster RMs to the U+ fight. Was initially worried about my dmg output with how slow ying/yang were going down, but once the SBs started rolling I blew through the last two fights. Almost didn't get the target score for Kimaira since it only lasted two rounds.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Mastered this eventually. Had a gap in my mitigation. Ended up trading out Lifesiphon for MBD on Ramza and yolo phase 3 with HotE rushdown. That beam cannon hurts.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Might have been the easiest Ult+ for me so far because my FF7 synergy is nuts

Spoiler: show

RW SS2

Lost 1 medal for action.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Same as Tyrath.

RW any greater regen. No medals lost. Ate a beam towards the end but it was only 2600 or so. Y/Y went down in four rounds. The second mob attacked maybe once.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    So this has been bothering me for a while but is the robot's name Proud Clod, Proudclod or Proudclad? And why is it proud? (If it was explained in VII, I don't remember it as it's been a while)
    I always attributed it to translation issues, but I thought it was supposed to be "Proud Cloud" because of Heidegger and Scarlett's vendetta against Cloud and them wanting to build a better "killing" machine than Hojo - or a 'Prouder Cloud'.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That was always my assumption as well first time I played it, but proud clad makes sense too somewhat if it's covered in pride - or clod if it's so pridefull it's stupid and dull. so I don't know. Proud cloud makes the most sense IMO.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well this was easy. Mastered with no issues and they barely scratched me. Easiest Ultimate for me but I do have a lot of VII sinergy.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Today I learned that it is possible to master ultimates even with 4 people dead

No healer run gone wrong, lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Ult: I forgot lightning here and lost a damage medal. Don't be like me kids, stay in school and lern to read.
    Ult+: I was worried about this due to length. But it turns out the damage outputs and defenses aren't so bad except for Robot Dude. I didn't kill the materia jammer and instead beat my head on 3.72.85k defense. Was worried about hones but had a bunch of curajas and 3 star skills left. Brought my own boostga for after shout ran out.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Jesus the damage output on this Ultimate...

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i made the mistake of giving my healer protectga and an SB gain+ RM instead of mako might/dr. mog on the first try, couldn't make it past round 2 without having one or more people dead. once i swapped in shellga and the starter charge i was able to get through it NP.

if you don't have good magic mitigation + medica to heal back the first 2 waves of attacks before you get everything online, it's pretty miserable. requires a bit of luck as well since you want to stick MBD on the main target, which means there's a decent chance someone important is going to get counter-grabbed.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Refreshing U+ compared to Kuja, one shot it without issue and only two medals lost (one for damage, one for turns). I guess the FF7 synergy like others say really made a difference. U was a lot harder took me some tries but eventually got it.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

My 7 synergy is beyond ridiculous and I have a handful of good SB's/abilities

That said, multi state fights always freak me out for w/e reason

I'm assuming I should be fine between synergy, abilities and SBs? (blade beam, cleansing strike/hallowed bolt, shout, SG)

http://imgur.com/a/X2o5W

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

That's fine, Don't think this one is considered a true Ult+, it's actually fairly easy.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Just absure of the advtange you get

Before Ying and Yang die, just keep Breakdown character full ATB, then make others kill ying and yang, while they die jyust queue breakdown so it auto apply on the chimera etc

as for Proto cloud, just ignore the armor it's waste of time imo

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Bladebeam wrecks the U+ to be honest. 30k AoE damage guaranteed more or less.

Seconding ignoring the armor on Proudclod, though if you get 2 bladebeams off the armor will die anyways.

The real challenge this event was Carry Armor.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

That wasn't much of a challenge for me. I found the U+ to be more annoying since you had to bring different mitigation and still zerg each phase.