Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The descrip for SB is "Delivers a twofold hit", so... no?

Not to my knowledge, anyway. I've always considered it a 2-hit...

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Modoru View Post
    The descrip for SB is "Delivers a twofold hit", so... no?

Not to my knowledge, anyway. I've always considered it a 2-hit...
    Been forever since I've really used SB and thief'd it up. But I seem to remember it being one hit that does some sort of double dmg. My memory could be betraying me though, I'm going off of a time when max tp was 300 not 3000...

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

"twofold attack" is SE's way of saying that something has an fTP of 2, as Shark Bite did at 1000 TP before the 2014 update bumped it up.

So no, it has always been a single hit attack unless you are dual wielding, in which case it is 2-hits.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

No, twofold is one of their ways of saying two hits; look at Tachi: Enpi, Blade: Rin, and Sturmwind as reference. Shark Bite is definately a two hit WS even when single-wielding.

"Double-hit attack" is one of the ways they say an fTP of 2, though they have other names for it too.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Hmm.... okay. Actually, I used the fact that it was 2 hits in the past to try and test Utsusemi stuff. SE isn't terribly consistent, though. Sometimes they spell it out (Blade: Ku, Evisceration) and sometimes they rely on -fold notation for multi-hits (Sturmwind, Pyrrhic Kleos, etc.)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah SE has been fairly inconsistent in... well everything they do. But naming conventions is just another one of those things.

Anyways not really sure what this is a multi hit but doesn't count as one discussion means. Are people trying to ask if there are multi hit ws where things that normally only apply to the first hit like wsd get applied to the whole thing or perhaps the other way around a multi hit ws where phalanx is only applied once but still get the normal multi hit tp returns?

As far as last page about last stand it definitely doesn't have replicating wsd or at least not on any older versions of wsd. That's actually what I was using to test some newer wsd items a year or 2 back since it's one of the few ranged multi hit.

Quote Originally Posted by _Madhatter View Post
    Isn't Shark Bite a 2 hit weapon skill that is only considered one?
    No, it's just considered "one" by the players as the fTP is only on the first hit. (like most 2hit WSs)
    So any hit after the first, from DW or multiattack procs, only contribute a little to the damage... so little that people don't bother even thinking about them.

EDIT: wtf browser. >_> not showing me old posts.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I rewrote it in a way that makes more sense and should be so unambiguous even for players that have level 1 THFs.
    <3