Azuremyst

Likely going with this setup:

Vaan: Hunter/Breaker
    Basch: Hunter/White Mage
    Ashe: Black Mage/Monk
    Penelo: Black Mage/Red Mage
    Balthier: Samurai/Knight
    Fran: White Mage/Machinist

This utilizes most of the "God Combinations" in the GameFaq's sticky. Two weaknesses is 1. no Time mage, though that's covered well with how the abilities are spread out in the combos above, and 2, no NIN/SAM for Yiazmat. But even then, I was too exhausted to even try Yiazmat on my original playthrough, so chances are I'll burn out before I try him.

Espers I haven't figured out yet, but it's likely that Vaan will get Belias so he gets Potionx2. With no curative magic on him, it lightly covers that weakness.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I don't think I'd call some of those "god combinations"

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Their words, not mine. I can see the theory behind the combinations, but it's hard to get out of my FFXI mindset when i see some of the combos. Should be interesting at the least.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Book came today. Probably the most beautiful one in my collection yet.

Spoiler: show

Dat Gabranth doe

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Seitengrat Bow doesn't want to spawn for me.
    I just wanna break the game as much as I possibly can. lol

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

For those pairing Bushi with Knight, depending on what weapon you will primarily be using if you think you'll find yourself using Katana's more you may want to consider BLM for more magic lores, Samurai's weapons scale off magic damage.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Seitengrat Bow doesn't want to spawn for me.
    I just wanna break the game as much as I possibly can. lol
    Good luck in the next 6 months farming this

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    For those pairing Bushi with Knight, depending on what weapon you will primarily be using if you think you'll find yourself using Katana's more you may want to consider BLM for more magic lores, Samurai's weapons scale off magic damage.
    Samurai weapon scales off of strength and magic, and strength is a higher multiplier.

https://strategywiki.org/wiki/Final_...Damage_Formula

These weapons depend on both magick and strength. The higher a level you get, though, the less weighting is magic and depends more so on strength.

DMG = [ATK x RANDOM(1~1.125) - DEF] x [1 + STR x (Lv+MAG)/256]

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Dumb question is it possible to miss magics from shop?

I'm in the leviathan atm and 3 spells I can't buy due to lack of gil but I don't wanna miss me

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nope, you can't really miss anything. I'm pretty sure when you reach a shop with new stuff, other shops get updated with these items too.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Nope, you can't really miss anything. I'm pretty sure when you reach a shop with new stuff, other shops get updated with these items too.
    Oh cool

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    And are most trash stuff safe to sell?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yes and no because of the Bazaar. Depending on the items you sell, new stuff will appear in the Bazaar, think of it as some sort of crafting system. If you sell stuff just like that then the game might count them toward a different recipe than you want. So for certain Bazaar items it's safer to sell them in groups that are required to make that item appear. But those are mostly rarer materials, the trash that drops left and right is mostly safe to sell.

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Is there a list somewhere on what to keep? I've have mostly wolf pelts but what about the elemental stones? They seem rarer.

I'm just going to go with jobs based on lore and record keeper
    Vaan hunter/foebreaker
    Bash knight/sam
    Balthier machinist/mnk
    Penelo whm/time mage
    Ashe blm/rdm
    Fran archer/uhlan

Don't care to much about optimization, just want to use all jobs. Mostly worried about Balthier not sure if that combo will work ;/

So far game is pretty solid, I only played it once when it came out and don't remember much. Graphics hold up and soundtrack and voice work are wonderful

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    This is the setup that I'm going with:

Balthier - Shikari/Foebreaker - Zalera
    Fran - White Mage/Machinist - Famfrit
    Vaan - Knight/Bushi - Belias, Mateus, Exodus, Hashmal, Ultima
    Ashe - Monk/Black Mage - Chaos, Zodiark
    Basch - Uhlan/Time Mage - Adrammelech
    Penelo - Archer/Red Mage - Zeromus, Cuchulainn, Shemhazai

Spent a decent amount of time coming up with it, and I believe it's pretty darn optimal. Also fits into what I want to accomplish. Characters can be swapped around a bit, but you need to keep weapon attack speeds in mind. (Basch could be swapped into something else but I hate him so.)
    Looking back on this, I kind of wish I had swapped Ashe, Vaan, and Penelo. Ashe as the knight/bushi, Vaan as archer/rdm, and Penelo as the blm/mnk. Ashe shouldn't be TOO much weaker than Vaan as the knight/bushi, and you get bonus points for lore giving her Belias and Mateus (idr the rest yet and what relevance they have story wise).

Where I'm at, Ashe is finally starting to dish out some serious damage as blm, so maybe I wont feel as bad. Just sucks that Balthier and Vaan are pretty much always in my party. (Vaan, specifically.) ;(

Also in case anyone is copying the above, pretty sure blm/mnk wont need Chaos (can cross-job unlock the licenses behind it). Dunno if any other changes will be needed either.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Kainos View Post
    Is there a list somewhere on what to keep? I've have mostly wolf pelts but what about the elemental stones? They seem rarer.

I'm just going to go with jobs based on lore and record keeper
    Vaan hunter/foebreaker
    Bash knight/sam
    Balthier machinist/mnk
    Penelo whm/time mage
    Ashe blm/rdm
    Fran archer/uhlan

Don't care to much about optimization, just want to use all jobs. Mostly worried about Balthier not sure if that combo will work ;/

So far game is pretty solid, I only played it once when it came out and don't remember much. Graphics hold up and soundtrack and voice work are wonderful

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Anything that seems like junk you get a lot of is okay to sell. Vendoring items is actually the "crafting" of this game, in that you sell X amount of items A, B, and C, and you unlock a specific Bazaar package from any vendor.

There are some specific items you won't want to sell that are needed for quests, generally dropped by the Hunts. A specific early one I can remember is the Great Serpentskin from the Nidhogg Hunt in Lhusu Mines, which is used in a sidequest in the Dalmasca Estersand. Then again, there are also unique items dropped by Hunts that you'll want to vendor to unlock various Bazaar packages.

If in doubt, just google its name.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by EternityEnd View Post
    Anything that seems like junk you get a lot of is okay to sell. Vendoring items is actually the "crafting" of this game, in that you sell X amount of items A, B, and C, and you unlock a specific Bazaar package from any vendor.

There are some specific items you won't want to sell that are needed for quests, generally dropped by the Hunts. A specific early one I can remember is the Great Serpentskin from the Nidhogg Hunt in Lhusu Mines, which is used in a sidequest in the Dalmasca Estersand. Then again, there are also unique items dropped by Hunts that you'll want to vendor to unlock various Bazaar packages.

If in doubt, just google its name.
    Great Serpentskin is the only one. You need it to get a golden amulet. There are only 6 that you can get total, so if you miss that you're limited to 5.

And teleport stones, but those should be obvious lol.

There are probably things you -shouldn't- sell willy nilly, but I never bothered. (Say, if you sell 50 of an item, then you sell another item that completes a package that actually only cost 10 of that item, those 40 are "wasted", if the item is also used for another package the counter goes back to 0.)

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Looking back on this, I kind of wish I had swapped Ashe, Vaan, and Penelo. Ashe as the knight/bushi, Vaan as archer/rdm, and Penelo as the blm/mnk. Ashe shouldn't be TOO much weaker than Vaan as the knight/bushi, and you get bonus points for lore giving her Belias and Mateus (idr the rest yet and what relevance they have story wise).

Where I'm at, Ashe is finally starting to dish out some serious damage as blm, so maybe I wont feel as bad. Just sucks that Balthier and Vaan are pretty much always in my party. (Vaan, specifically.) ;(

Also in case anyone is copying the above, pretty sure blm/mnk wont need Chaos (can cross-job unlock the licenses behind it). Dunno if any other changes will be needed either.
    You made the right choice, ashe should be blm/mnk and penelo archer/rdm - they have highest magic with vaan 3rd.

I ended up going with:

BLM/MNK - Ashe
    RBM/ARC - Penelo
    KNI/BUS - Basch
    BRK/SHI - Balthier
    TBM/UHL - Fran
    WHM/MCH - Vaan

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

You can kick Vaan out though, eventually. I mean, who doesn't run a 3 girl party? (with Balthier as an honorary 4th if you prefer). Anyway, Vaan isn't the greatest magic user. But Penelo is killer as BLM, this I know. Ashe should be just as good though.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    You can kick Vaan out though, eventually. I mean, who doesn't run a 3 girl party? (with Balthier as an honorary 4th if you prefer). Anyway, Vaan isn't the greatest magic user. But Penelo is killer as BLM, this I know. Ashe should be just as good though.
    Vaan has 3rd highest magic stat after Ashe and Penelo in that order. He's well rounded just hard to look at and listen to.