Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yes, the first stage with the rats, run up the stairs on the left and you'll find the chest with it there

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Edit: Nvm lol

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

What lvl should I be to take on the 3 optional Espers that unlock after Raithwall?

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Adrammelech can be done in the 20s, but it's better to wait until you're stronger, so you can steal a bunch of High Arcana and zone out.

Zalera I did around 30. The undead rooms leading up to him are honestly more challenging than him. He does level-related status ailments, so you may or may not need accessories to counter.

Cuchulain depends. You need 3 Black Belts to prevent Disable. I'd say 40ish to be safe.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Thanks.

Is there no way to get Decoy onto a Knight/Bushi combo? What about Shikari/Foebreaker?

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Nope. You're gonna have to have someone cast it on you, can't recall if there's a accessory with lure on it or not.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Oh its not self target only? Thats not so bad then.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Yeah, anyone can cast it on your tank(s). Its hit rate is frustratingly low sometimes, though. I'd be careful about gambiting it, and make it mid-to-low priority.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

It is? I haven't noticed. It seems whenever one of my two characters cast it on me, it goes up 100% of the time.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Definitely no where close to 100%. At best 50%. I've had it miss 10x in a row. Generally speaking, it takes 1-4 tries to apply it, in my experience.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Tried to cast lure repeatedly now, I know why I never noticed it now. Outside of combat, it seems to be 100% when casting it, and I try to keep it up always, even on regular enemies just for extra boost from full HP to one shot all mobs from my BLM. The reason I never noticed it missing in actual combat is due to most things not lasting long enough for me to even notice.

Shell reduces the success rate of Lure too, as if it were a negative status effect (or at least it did in the original).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah, according to the FF wiki XII treats Decoy as a negative status. Base rate is ~60%, and is affected by the caster's magic and the target's vit.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Ah, that would explain its irritatingly low hit rate for me, since everyone pretty much always has Shell.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I imagine the accessory would help improve its rate too, forgot the name, but something pendant.

Finally got some time to play again and noticed I forgot about the key in phon coast to enter site 11 in lhusu mines early for the masamune/maximillian/magepower mask, some other good weapons along the way too like Dragon Whisker, Zwill Crossblade, Whale Whisker and Orochi

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Any lp grinding spots people recommend? About to hit Raithwall and I'd like to grind after.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Any lp grinding spots people recommend? About to hit Raithwall and I'd like to grind after.
    There are several spots in the game where you can leave the game on unattended and your party will just constantly grind xp if you set your gambits up right.

If you search around on google I'm sure you can find a few of them. I never used any, so I'm not familiar with them, but they are there.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I think the earliest grind spot most people do(aside from dustia farming), is Lhusu Mines and just endlessly chaining the skeletons, will get quite a bit of exp, lp, and gil if you run back to sell all the skeleton bones you'll be getting, there's 2 other drops you'll get quite a bit of too that you can also sell.

Edit: There's also the endless jelly spawn method can do in Henne Mines but it requires some prep. Gonna need something to avoid poison from jellies, so either tourmaline rings or mirror mail and also gonna need the spell Break. You're gonna want to unequip everyone's weapon and setup the proper gambit for the person with break.

There's 2 jelly spots in Henne Mines, don't remember the first one, but the one you'll want is Junction B I think as it spawns far more jellies, but the first one can work too but will be MUCH slower. This method will allow you to even grind while afk.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

lhusu skeletons early game, nabreus skeletons late game. can't auto-grind those unfortunately but if you're willing to put in the effort to walk around those are perfectly serviceable.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Oazmone plain has those werewolfs and other flying enemies that give 2lp per kill. They spawn rather quick after zoning two times.

With that double LP equip my ashe went from 20LP to about 300+ within 30mins of farming there quickly