Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/939426-...tem/faqs/63057

has the full data on Trials; Stealable items by rarity, as well as item pot rewards with/without diamond armlet.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

For anyone who's done the Hunt Club yet:

What combination of turn-ins did you go with, and what item rewards? I'm having a hard time deciding.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Dunno. You can get multiple genji gloves, but you need to reach trial 100 to steal another one, which seems worthless, so I'm probably going to go genji gloves.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Seems like Zodiac Spear can be somewhat simply obtained by getting its 1% occurrence at Henne. Likewise, there's multiple good shields.

Genji Gloves & Ribbon seem like the most utilitarian option, so 5 / 5 / 20 (Stok) is what I think I'll go with.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Same^

Is there any real reason to get Zodiac Spear when Seitengrat doesn't even require a license?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Best place to farm Gil? I'm suppose to go to draklor and I'm out of gilmfot weapon and armour

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

trial 1, pot has a diamond armlet. clear, > log > sell > restart etc. Armlet are 6k each to vendor.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

If you're that far, I'd suggest buying 1-3 Cat-ear Hoods from the Clan Centurio vendor, and farm the trials.

You'll make an obscene amount of money. Too much.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh wow, insane indeed

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I made almost 3 million gil with 3 cat hoods, made it to stage 81 with a 51-55 pty. Could have made more if I wasn't constantly swapping out armlet and cuffs to get more items. I noticed they do stack and don't have to be on active members either to get credit, so I guess I could have made 6 mil if I equipped the whole pty :D

It's a nice alternative to grinding, definitely beats running in circles in the same zone for an hour.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

One thing this game really could have used more of is non-human party members. WTB Bangaa/Moogle/Nu Mou replacements for Vaan and maybe Penelo.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Wasn't there some kind of demon race in A2 as well? I didn't get a lot of them for the amount I played.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Not sure about A2, but there were winged men in Revenant Wings.

It's just such a shame that in the one Golden Age Ivalice title with a serious tone, we don't get to explore any of those races at all. Could've been a lot of neat culture and nuance to them, some of which we see with the Viera.

Nu Mou in particular got a raw deal. Their model is really lackluster compared to the TA games.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I think for XII, regarding the Nu Mou specifically, that Matsuno was trying to make them civilized lorekeepers of Ivalice compared to the more "primitive" Garif. Someone who was always present to record history, but rarely made it.

And then of course you have the odd instance of having to flesh out a mainline flagship title with additional characters for world building that lorewise come before the original creation content of a trailblazing title. It's really an instance of explaining the reason for a calamity by making it a calamity.

If those damn Occuria wouldn't meddle though...Ramza and crew could have had a Viera and Nu Mou friend.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

I haven't re-finished the game yet, so I'm not completely refreshed, but Kirin:

Spoiler: show
    Isn't it the Occuria that have maintained Ivalice's Golden Age? Vayne and Venat's goal is put Ivalice's future into the hands of man -- which they succeed in, if I'm not mistaken.

Without the Occuria to protect and guide Ivalice, the Lucavi (whom we release from their seals in FFXII, and whose seals were maintained by the Occuria) cause the Cataclysm, wiping out all non-Humes. Ultima in particular possesses the spy Ajora, and by being executed causes a second disaster, sinking the Mullonde peninsula.

If you want to delve a little deeper: the Cataclysm occurs 94 years after FFXII. In the game, we break the Lucavi's seals and bind them to our party members' bodies instead. It's probably no coincidence that the Cataclysm occurs after roughly the length of a human life span . . . when they were unbound.

P.S. Fran was probably still alive by the time of the disaster, being 50+ and young in-game. RIP

P.P.S. We know from a hunt that Nu Mou can transform into Mindflayers via dark magic, so it's possible they live on in FFT as the ubiquitous Mindflayer enemies.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by EternityEnd View Post
    I haven't re-finished the game yet, so I'm not completely refreshed, but Kirin:

Isn't it the Occuria that have maintained Ivalice's Golden Age? Vayne and Venat's goal is put Ivalice's future into the hands of man -- which they succeed in, if I'm not mistaken.

Without the Occuria to protect and guide Ivalice, the Lucavi (whom we release from their seals in FFXII, and whose seals were maintained by the Occuria) cause the Cataclysm, wiping out all non-Humes. Ultima in particular possesses the spy Ajora, and by being executed causes a second disaster, sinking the Mullonde peninsula.

If you want to delve a little deeper: the Cataclysm occurs 94 years after FFXII. In the game, we break the Lucavi's seals and bind them to our party members' bodies instead. It's probably no coincidence that the Cataclysm occurs after roughly the length of a human life span . . . when they were unbound.

P.S. Fran was probably still alive by the time of the disaster, being 50+ and young in-game. RIP

P.P.S. We know from a hunt that Nu Mou can transform into Mindflayers via dark magic, so it's possible they live on in FFT as the ubiquitous Mindflayer enemies.
    Been a while since I've finished the game myself, and I agree entirely.

I was mostly referencing Venat, truth be told. From what I remember as well is that the Occuria played Ashe against Venat/Cid/Vayne by using Rasler and Ashe's drive to restore her kingdom against her. I'm not sure Ashe's decision to not go along with the Occuria helped Cid or changed the outcome as it happened, but I remember it as the Occuria just being spiteful that their pawns in humans were no more when Venat ended up successful.

Isn't there also the handwave story explanation that the Occuria just sealed away the races that didn't agree with them before/during the cataclysm?

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Been a while since I've finished the game myself, and I agree entirely.

I was mostly referencing Venat, truth be told. From what I remember as well is that the Occuria played Ashe against Venat/Cid/Vayne by using Rasler and Ashe's drive to restore her kingdom against her. I'm not sure Ashe's decision to not go along with the Occuria helped Cid or changed the outcome as it happened, but I remember it as the Occuria just being spiteful that their pawns in humans were no more when Venat ended up successful.

Isn't there also the handwave story explanation that the Occuria just sealed away the races that didn't agree with them before/during the cataclysm?
    The Occuria were definitely spiteful and controlling, but it's implied to be benevolent nonetheless. Venat's goal of putting the world back into human hands was ultimately successful... and unsuccessful, since while the benevolent Occuria stop interfering, the Lucavi cause the Cataclysm which destroys all non-humes and begin manipulating history and preying upon humanity.

Basically everyone's good intentions fucked the world over. Better if gods did have the reins.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Finally platinum'd this, that trial 100 fight was such a mess. >.>

edit: I still think I prefer the original game's license grid over this one, but all of the other quality of life changes in this remake were quite nice.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Hadn't done any espers yet besides Belias and Mateus because I'm mid to low 30s.

Unlocked the path to Exodus and...beat him. Maybe I should go do Adramalech, Cucu and Zalera D:

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Adrammelech wouldn't be too hard. I'd recommend you get one or both Thief's Cuffs available to you and 4x speed Steal/zone out about 4-5 High Arcanas from him. It'll save you a lot of time later if you want a some end game weapons.

Zalera isn't very hard either. It's a timed DPS race. Be sure to bring some Black Belts to prevent Disable, and get the area's hunt beforehand.

Cuchulainn may be doable, but would be more challenging. Again, have everyone equipped with Black Belts. Have your healer's gambit set to Ally: <90% Cura. Berserk your melee DPS. There's just a constant HP drain, so you want your healer doing nothing but Cura constantly. Save Quickenings until he hits critical health and make sure your DPS isn't still berserked by then.

You're after Raithwall, right? If you've gotten Larsa again (go to Jahara, if not), these'll all be even easier.