Headphones/earbuds?

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Sometimes its just more convenient to whip your phone out and do some runs and put it away. I don't pull out headphones every damn time I use my phone.

Nor do I play this game like a regular game (aka planned sessions) outside of ultimate fights. Most of the time its way simpler to just do it without music.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Derailing this thread further but I usually don't play FFRK with audio. I got too annoyed at forgetting to turn down my volume and accidentally blasting the menu chirps in public as I frantically tried to turn it down.

On topic: I don't remember the system limitations queue from the previous page; WTF was that?

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

They could of at least fixed the wtf six pack tan thing vaan has.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

day one buy when i releases on pc 6 months later

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Auspice View Post
    Derailing this thread further but I usually don't play FFRK with audio. I got too annoyed at forgetting to turn down my volume and accidentally blasting the menu chirps in public as I frantically tried to turn it down.

On topic: I don't remember the system limitations queue from the previous page; WTF was that?
    Spells/abilities not activating while certain effects were on the screen. Like casting Holy for example: if the animation is going on every single ability and spell will remain "charged" and not go off but physical attacks will. It's really annoying at the end of the game because most spells will trigger this issue making magic quite meh. However in the Zodiac version you can break damage cap quite early with magic so that helps a little bit.

Why doesnt SE feel the need to throw in extra content for these remasters?

Who do they think they are, thinking imma buy their shit again just cus it looks prettier?

Nigga I don't give a fuck about HD graphics or sound.

Where's the new hunts? New bonus dungeon? New quests for ultimate weapons? New characters? New class? New abilities? New summons?

If any of deserved more gameplay goodness, it's 12.

This HD remaster shit is not cutting it. I didn't get X remaster foe this very same reason. Shiny graphics isn't enough.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Because adding new content would be too much work for them

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Wonder when they will remake/remaster FF8,9? I think those are the only ones left that haven't gotten a remake. The iOS FF9 had HD models (but SD environments still), but didn't have any new features. So the only FF game thus far that's gotten 0 love is FF8.

This HD Remaster includes the previously Asia-only Zodiac version. One could argue that in itself is brand new content for those in the NA/EU not able to import or read Japanese.

FFXII had, in my opinion, the most side content of any previous FF. I don’t really see the need to add additional content, when the original had so much already.

FFX remaster also has previously International/Pal only content, which was not available to NA players upon original release.

Must be hard hating on something so benign. I mean, I wouldn't have bought this on a console again, I hold out for PC only.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    This HD Remaster includes the previously Asia-only Zodiac version. One could argue that in itself is brand new content for those in the NA/EU not able to import or read Japanese.

FFXII had, in my opinion, the most side content of any previous FF. I don’t really see the need to add additional content, when the original had so much already.

FFX remaster also has previously International/Pal only content, which was not available to NA players upon original release.

Must be hard hating on something so benign. I mean, I wouldn't have bought this on a console again, I hold out for PC only.
    As for someone who never finished XII exept that Zodiac (job system) what's so different about US version and international version?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Because adding new content would be too much work for them
    Seriously, this stuff is a cheap cash-in. While it's one that people want, no one should be under the illusion it's anything but SE trying to make a quick buck.

I mean, I'm going to pay for it, but not until an eventual PC release. Even with upgraded models and cleaner text and whatnot I don't feel that a console version will really be any better then what one can do with emulating the patched IZJS.

But if the shit people have been adding to the PC version of X/X-2 make it into this? Would make it 100% worth the purchase.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I only really plan on picking it up for the Zodiac Job system. I picked up FFX HD primarily because it had X-2 which I had never played.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

In all fairness; for non Asian players, this is a colossal upgrade to the version of XII we got over here even discounting the graphical upgrades. The International(Zodiac) edition of the game made a ton of great QoL changes and added a bunch of new content.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Right, but since SE is unlikely to add anything new outside of some polished graphics and some cheats, it's not gonna be any different from the experience available via emulation for the last few years. That said from those screenshots said polished graphics actually includes proper depth of field instead of the hideous approximation the PS2 version uses, so it's definitely got that going for it.

At least with the case of X/X-2 there wasn't a decent source of a translated version of the international content (plus emulation in those two has always had some bugs)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'd go ahead and wager that there is a very large majority of people who want to play the IZJS version that have not emulated it.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

^ I fall in this camp.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well that's the case with alot of these recent PS2 re releases they've been doing. Those games can be played at higher res and with proper wide-screen support on PC, or just give them more money to play a game you already own.

But hey, that's console gaming for you.