Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It used to be a moderately strong move that I can easily survive. After one of the emergency updates, it started one-shoting me, same number of targets.

Barstone does squat against it also. Probably best to scherzo and/or EA and move on with life.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Guess I'll have to revamp my strat and change my geo to brd...eating 2k+ in my DT set, and I've seen it spike to 3k, which is fucking absurd. I cant even Aegis it (if Aegis would do anything) because for some reason, the Antlions manage to hit for 800 dmg, unless that was due to the def down being on (which happened while I was using Atonement, so I wasnt in my DT set, but still)

And Atonement was to close Fragmentation if anyones wondering why I was using that shitty WS.

edit: the 3k could have been from corrosive spray's mdef down not being removed. And Aegis definitely doesnt do anything to it.

First one 747 dmg, no mdef down on, 5 targets. (joachim died after to a quake blast because he's a complete idiot and stands in melee range, luopan 5th target)
    Second one 1296 dmg, no mdef down on, 3 targets. (Apururu and Cherukiki die)
    Third one 4194 damage, with mdef down on, 1 target.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

June 2016 Version Update - Discussion & Findings

i think its just 1000 needles style. everyone want vex and attunement, but it dorrsnt cut down dmg, it helps tough for resisting silence and blind which makes ot easy for mages to stay in range and soak up dmg. 6peope & 2 luopan. hitting around 800 dmg every time. i guess its 6000 dmg distributed to all people being hit ob VD

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Ven and Attune might not cut down damage, but what about Shell / Fade+Fend? I havent been able to test it since my last run. Also, my 4k single target was on D. Knowing how Grav Pull works, I might go back to doing VD.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Holy hell 4k? Probably not going to do anymore since already got my 14.5k but did almost all VD tri bsts in full time ready sets lol with trusts healers and don't think a single move ever put the players under 50% though sometimes Karuha would die with his crappy hp. Because of that didn't really keep super close checks on the dmgs but that should be mostly in the 600-800 range. Was fine as long as curagas got off between moves.

If it is like needles or discord etc then only number of targets and the right dts and possibly some weird mechanic like mob hp or dmg dealt will help.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I've never had gravity pull 1 shot anything but maybe a trust. Doing this BLM style, all my mages literally stack right under him to avoid movement issues during gravity pull. This helps when he attempts the pull during a sc/mb, so the mages won't get interrupted since they are already inside his hitbox.

Also helps when add spawns in that they will always crowd around boss for a ga/ja. Annoying when they all run off because apururu decides to throw a big cure as they pop.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

It's probably needles, but I want to say it's based on total maxhp of those hit. When everyone is topped off it's no threat.

Yesterday we were running with PLD GEO BST BLU WHM COR. I am the laziest of WHMs though, so after a few rounds of getting interrupted by pull and having to heal separate people I just started standing in the middle. If I saw Gravity Pull I casted Curaga 3 before both pull-in could interrupt me and adds could spawn, and if I saw Quake Blast I waited slightly longer and dropped Curaga 4. As long as somebody can take the adds down (and everyone standing on the mob helps with this) you can just powerheal any decent group through this one.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

If it was based on total max hp, people wouldn't be getting 1shotted.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ihina View Post
    If it was based on total max hp, people wouldn't be getting 1shotted.
    Sure you can. It could just be 100% or more or someone could be wearing rancor gear. But yeah that wouldn't explain way over 1 shot

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Raelia View Post
    but I want to say it's based on total maxhp of those hit
    uh
    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    First one 747 dmg, no mdef down on, 5 targets. (joachim died after to a quake blast because he's a complete idiot and stands in melee range, luopan 5th target)
    Second one 1296 dmg, no mdef down on, 3 targets. (Apururu and Cherukiki die)
    Third one 4194 damage, with mdef down on, 1 target.
    I dont have that much HP lol

Its definitely Needles type. I brought my two mules in range to eat it, and the damage was extremely manageable, no deaths or anything. Geo-Fade didnt seem to affect it, other than being an extra divisor.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

So yeah, needle-like move. Against 3 and 4 characters, it did around 5300 total. Not every character took the exact same damage, but it was very close. Each character was in varying amounts of pdt, so pdt doesn't affect it, but something else must have.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Been doing the Yagudo Ambuscade but haven't seen much posted on it. We went with: BLU BLU GEO BRD RUN WHM. RUN gathered all the mobs after buffing, BRD slept them with JA's. Then we went down from the avatar killing them one by one. Sometimes the avatar respawned and did multiple Aerial Blast, I think it only did that if someone died it was odd. The mobs have insane evasion too.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I do not think the avatar affects the addition mob stats, and it sleeps so you can just sleep it and the boss and kill the minions before zerging him.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I do not think the avatar affects the addition mob stats, and it sleeps so you can just sleep it and the boss and kill the minions before zerging him.
    Seconding this. We used BLM BLM SCH GEO WHM PLD. The adds died in one skillchain. The main NM took a while because it doesn't take much damage from magic, even with Garuda down.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Oh okay, I'll have to try that next time.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Biggest problem with the Yagudo BC is that it's hard to find Yagudos that give XP, so it's worth doing once a day with an Abj seal if you can but otherwise not really.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Castle O in the past has tons or even just outside of it. You can use the survival guide, same distance as the last months Demons like two zones. I like it better because its more fun and I use my seals on it lol. Where are you getting one seal a day though? I thought that ROE was monthly.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It's a short walk from Recall-Meriph

Campaign
    BG Level

I've been doing the Yagudo BC two ways

SAM > BLM > BRD > MNK > NIN > Garuda > Boss (rekill Garuda if it repops)

Garuda > Boss (rekill Garuda if it repops) > SAM > BLM > BRD > NIN > MNK

Some things to note:
    Garuda seems to have pretty wonky hate and her Pclaws can hurt. She places strong Wind Spikes on the boss and a huge evasion aura. Some people claim this aura only affects the boss, many other people claim it affects all the mobs. I dunno /shrug. It seemed to me people managed to cap acc with less accuracy buffs when Garuda was down, but that might be bias.

Garuda uses Astral Flow every 25% health of the boss. If you killed garuda and let's say boss resummons her at 20% health, she will use Astral Flow 4 times in a row.
    Astral flow does laughable damage even without attunement/vex just with Shell and Baraero. But of course eating 4 in a row might be dangerous...

The other Yagudos are pretty easy, but there are two things to note:
    1) Ninja Might use Mijin Gakure, make sure you have Scherzo up.
    2) Monk uses Hundred Fists and he can RAPE you, literally. Basically make sure you store TP and unleash a couple of strong WS on him to kill him fast or... I dunno what else. Sudden Lunge doesn't land, Stun from our DRK didn't land either. We had to use Languor for it to land. Wilt and entrust barrier + bio2 on the MNK doesn't seem to make a huge difference, people were still getting raped. If you leave him last and people start dying the BRD can easily kite it around a pillar while you raise the dead people.

I'm not sure if killing the boss first or last change something in the Yagudo AI, I didn't notice anything different.
    The hardest part of this BC in my opinion is grouping them together for sleepga. As a BRD I always have to use multiple horde lullabies because they never get close together enough, or people fail at pulling or whatever.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Yeah I didn't notice a difference killing Garuda and the boss last.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5