BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Sunshine Seeker 2016: Grind away or is there a trick?

Seems annoying to have to grind my way up to get enough points to buy the rewards, and I was curious about the note on the bgwiki guide page:

Players quickly learned they could murder all their problems away when it came to this event.
    Too bad they didn't realize the monsters wouldn't despawn after death which likely is giving off a foul odor.
    Does this mean that there is a way to defeat the enemies? I can't find much info anywhere on this event other that repostings of the official notices.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

That was actually a bug last Sunshine Seeker, where you could actually go and kill the mobs instead of doing it the intended way.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    That was actually a bug last Sunshine Seeker, where you could actually go and kill the mobs instead of doing it the intended way.
    Looks like that bug was fixed so its just a grind this year then

I've gotten some interesting loot from the grab bags but nothing actually useful so far. Any confirmation on any lv99 gear at all?

Campaign
    BG Level

Is there a guide somwhere for this event?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I generally go to ffxiclopedia and search "special event" or "event" and see whats there. sometimes you just find last years or from there you just change the date in the address to see if someone wrote one that isnt linked anywhere. Sometimes BGwiki has them also. But here is a guide (prolly from last year) sounds pretty similiar this year except the whole cant kill the plants now.

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/S..._Seekers/Guide

Campaign
    BG Level

Yeah already grinded the 300 points I needed for the last trust I missed 2 years ago.
    Tl;dr for the event

1) Talk to the Mandy NPC with mandy body/head equipped, say you wanna start the game, you will be warped to one of 3 random points in the current area (cannot zone, logout or swap gear for body and head, can use HP crystals to move within the same zone)
    2) Go around and collect shards from the shining points on the ground. Can't collect the same point more than once. They move around randomly and/or after they've been "harvested" a different amount of times by players
    3) There are mobs moving around, if they see you they will perform a move on you that will have a different effect according to the mob (reduce time remaining by 15 seconds, give you gravity for a few secs, reduce your shards by 1-2)
    4) You have max 3 minutes. You need to trade your shards to the mandy BEFORE the time expires. At that point they will be converted in Small Seeds (1 shard = 2 small seeds) and the game will be over.

Sometimes something happens and the number of shards increases and mobs walk around much faster. There's an announcement about it. Not sure what procs it, probably time based?
    Very simple btw, managed to farm those 300 small seeds very fast. To be fair I'm surprised to say it was moderately fun.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Cause it was like Metal Gear Solid cept you cant shoot people like that bastage kid Ramiel or whatever his annoying name is in south sandy.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

protip: don't do this game in windurst walls, it's cancer

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Damn I miss being able to kill these bastards lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Are there any new rewards that would make someone want to do this?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

No new rewards, just if you missed it two damn years ago lol. They took forever to return this event.