1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 55 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 9 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 0 hours, 55 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Seal Rock 2.0 (Shatter)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

how do other MMOs do pvp? do you automatically get pve rewards from pvp despite win/lose like eso and lore? are the pvp rewards worthless inside and out of pvp and are just glams? I mean I guess I get that they dont really care about the very small minority of people who enjoy fighting players in this carebear game but they have gotten this wrong at every step

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Most games will have lower level brackets that give EXP (so you can level up through PvP too) as well as PvP sets that are actually worth getting (for PvPs sake at least) by grinding the PvP tokens. Typically they won't reward stuff that's actually useful in PvE, just stuff like titles or mounts for reaching X rating in a season or whatever.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Back before WoW changed their token systems, there was a weekly cap on PVP points just like the caps on PVE points: It would be like the Eso/Lore limits, only PVP had their own version. You could buy gear in the same way, too: There was the 2000-point-cap-with-no-earning-limit gear that was good but not the best, and then there was the limited-per-week currency that offered the best available.

I know back in Cataclysm you could also trade Eso for PVP!Eso and vice versa at a 75% exchange rate, so playing only one type of game would let you approach the other without being entirely ungeared. I heard they blew all of that up in Warlords though and haven't played since the first Pandaria raid got added.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zagam Zixion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Lumi View Post
    "In addition to this, we have received numerous comments stating the win/loss rate between the three nations aren't balanced well, in part due to situations where there are strong pre-made parties in specific Grand Companies.
    What about troll premades that play to lose? *cough levi flames*

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Is there any particular time Shatter is active?

I want to do some, but queue times are abysmal.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zagam Zixion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Lujei View Post
    Is there any particular time Shatter is active?

I want to do some, but queue times are abysmal.
    Do you want to win the most or just play? Every data center has one GC with near instant pops.and one that wins the most but waits are the longest. Everyone complains that GCs are the issue but there is a very real and easy way to get faster times. Im on primal mael, one of the worst queue times in the game but I choose to be there vs insta pops.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'm on an alt that's on Adders in Aether. 30+ min queues during prime time. I'm usually on Primal so I'm not sure the current Aether GC situation.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Primal has been showing 30+ minute waits but they've only been 15ish. If they would speed up the matches like 10-20% it would be a solid PvP mode. I know they are lowering the points to 1600 tomorrow which is a start. Since from 1600-1800 is pretty much dead time during a decent match.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm on an alt that's on Adders in Aether. 30+ min queues during prime time. I'm usually on Primal so I'm not sure the current Aether GC situation.
    I just swapped from aether adder to mael last week and the queues on mael are way worse, im prolly swapping back just because I cant get hardly any games in

p disappointing

and wtf do you mean 1600-1800 is dead time lol thats when all the action happens who the fuck wants to focus on killing blue rocks in a PVP game mode?????????

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Most usually say queue time is awful for mael on primal, but mine usually isn't all that bad, I don't usually end up waiting the insane long times most people seem to mention. Last night all my queues were pretty much 10min or less, only one took more than 10min(24 man), and I had like 2 that were either instant or 1-2min wait. I also tend to leave matches right away to get back into queue faster which I feel helps, that and being in an area with fast load time. Lately I've seen complaints of flames queues being long, longer than mael, and flames usually have the quickest queues of the 3 GCs on Primal.

Another thing regarding queue times, I also feel this mode in general can cause long queue times across all 3 GCs since its just not as popular as seal rock was. The 72s also die quicker than seal rock did IMO, since some nights it'd be around 3am and I'd still be getting 72s for seal rock, but this mode I have not seen a 72 that late.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'm feeling like they really, really overnerfed caster damage on the ice.

3 casters is almost an instant-lose on big ice, now.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zagam Zixion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm feeling like they really, really overnerfed caster damage on the ice.

3 casters is almost an instant-lose on big ice, now.
    I never attacked ice before anyway, a blm does more for the team keeping the other dps slept. Killing mindless drones that tunnel ice and are oblivious to the fire 4s or SMNs raining death on them still helps too. Everyone forgets that kills are 10+ points now. Besides I play PVP to PVP anyway.