1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 19 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 3 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 6 hours, 19 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Seal Rock 2.0 (Shatter)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Seal Rock 2.0 (Shatter)

Just did my first match, 24man. I feel its a bit of a mix of all 3 frontlines, the allagan tomelith work similar to bases from secure, the crystals work similar to nodes/rocks from slaughter/seal rock. The crystals already show on the field, but you can tell which are active or not by them being greyed out or lit up, they also come up at random as well(may be timed? too early to tell).The crystals give a huge amount of standing, though I believe there's different sizes, but I'm guessing the ones we all got were small, which contains 300 data total, and all 3 gcs get data based on amount of damage done to them.

I can see 72s probably being chaotic/cluster fucks if only one crystal can be up at a time. Depending on the spawns, range may be able to snipe from up top on the cliffs.

Edit: You can definitely snipe from some cliffs granted people are in range, and in 72s I can see that being often. SMN may not be good for dealing damage to the rocks due to limitation of debuffs on things, but should still be effective for picking off teams with aoe dmg. Until I actually get a 72 pop, I feel I can already safely say I don't want to play melee in 72s ever, unless I'm playing ninja and camping bases or something.

Edit 2: Did my 3rd match, the map that spawns is also random, its not set in stone(again, based off 24s, dunno about 72), by this I mean whether the map with be filled with small crystals or large, this time it was small crystal mode, which is a lot more busy than large as you're constantly on the move. The small also spawn much faster and multiple can be up at the same time. Small nodes can contain up to 70 total data. So ~70 for small, ~300 for large going by 24. Also takes 1000 data to win matches, gonna assume its 3000 for 72.

Edit3: Just did a 72, definitely more fun, melee may not be as bad as I thought, still feels in favor of range though. You're constantly on the move due to how fast spawns are, much more faster paced than seal rock I feel. The map we got spawned with 4 large crystals, and a bunch of small ones, the data required to in 72 is 1800.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Sounds fun! This is the fourth time I'm saying "maybe I'll get back into PVP now" but maybe it's the truth this time. How long did the match run, give or take? Is it in line with the 10~ minutes of the other Frontlines?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

there's going to be so many fucking cometeors flying at the big Ice nodes in 72 it's gonna be unreal jesus

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Haven't been paying attention to how long matches are, but they definitely seem to last around 10min+ mark.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ibi Risasi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    The crystals already show on the field, but you can tell which are active or not by them being greyed out or lit up, they also come up at random as well(may be timed? too early to tell).
    The preview said "They will be inactive at the start of the campaign, and will activate at random after a fixed amount of time."

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

After doing more 24s and 72s, 24 is a fucking snoozefest, shit is boring as fuck. 72 isn't too bad, definitely more fun than 24, but overall, I find shatter to be the worst out of all frontline modes, but there will probably be some who still find it more enjoyable than slaughter. It's gotten to the point where I don't see myself playing this mode at all after I get my mount, assuming I can last that long. If the mount was 200 wins instead, then I wouldn't even bother.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

One of these things is not like the other.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Is there a new PvP mode in this game now?? I heard there's ranked MMR like league now or something? lol

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Finally got to try Shatter. I was a bit confused. Every little crystal popped in the beginning. People were shouting this was a rare thing. Then there were 4-5 Big crystals in the middle? Sounds like each one only pops once?

Seems like it would be more fun with the little crystals popping more often.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

yeah the all ice pop thing is a rare occurrence. you're basically just waiting for the ice to spawn and for your team to go get after it so you can PVE them down. but if you know what you're doing and know how to get kills, you should ignore ice on site and get people dead.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    yeah the all ice pop thing is a rare occurrence. you're basically just waiting for the ice to spawn and for your team to go get after it so you can PVE them down. but if you know what you're doing and know how to get kills, you should ignore ice on site and get people dead.

So normally the small crystals spawn throughout the encounter? Every crystal spawns just one time per match? (big and small)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Multiple but on big in unsure if it can repeat

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I've definitely seen 2 big spawn at once, though not 100% sure if they spawned the same time. Regardless, I've seen 2 big crystals up at once, never more than that though.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zagam Zixion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    Don't dare suggest something like that on reddit/OF or in game.

The majority think that this mode the only option is PVE and think anything else you're a moron.

Having 2 teams on a big node generally means a 150 split but kill the other teams DPS first then taking the rest of the node would get 100-150 depending. But the same time making them lose all the points they got and giving you for kills.

Trying to explain that to these scrubs is beyond frustrating.

Another thing ive noticed is the points for killing/being killed is way off from the usual +5-5

I've seen a few matches where all 3 teams were positive points on Kill vs death. I know there are more points for killing highs but you simply cant have all 3 teams positive unless the changed the values.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

like beating up toddlers

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

help my eyes

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Athelisia Lumi
    FFXIV Server
    Shiva

"In addition to this, we have received numerous comments stating the win/loss rate between the three nations aren't balanced well, in part due to situations where there are strong pre-made parties in specific Grand Companies. The dev. team is aware of this, and currently looking into how they can make adjustments." Source

I can't think of the adjustments they could make without taking away the grand company aspect of it all.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Pls take away gc restrictions

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Lumi View Post
    "In addition to this, we have received numerous comments stating the win/loss rate between the three nations aren't balanced well, in part due to situations where there are strong pre-made parties in specific Grand Companies. The dev. team is aware of this, and currently looking into how they can make adjustments." Source

I can't think of the adjustments they could make without taking away the grand company aspect of it all.
    Knowing SE, they will most likely limit how many you can queue with in frontlines. I don't see them ever removing gc restriction despite how much we all want it and have begged for it.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

i just hope it doesn't become the feast. It was lame being forced to have 2 or 4 people.

But I'm sure we'll drive another nail into the PvP coffin.