FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Injustice 2 (PC/PS4/XB1)

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today announced Injustice 2, the super-powered sequel to the hit game Injustice: Gods Among Us. The newest game in development from the award-winning NetherRealm Studios features a massive roster of DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains and allows players to build and power up the ultimate version of their favourite DC characters. Injustice 2 will be available for the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One in 2017.

“In Injustice 2, we are introducing new features that will change the way fans play fighting games,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “We’re always interested in pushing the genre forward and allowing players to customise and level-up their favourite DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains is a significant leap.”

“Expanding the DC Universe in games continues to be one of our top priorities, and Injustice 2 showcases amazing gameplay and an original story to bring the characters to life for players,” said David Haddad, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “NetherRealm Studios is offering fans an experience of customising and battling with DC’s iconic characters in an entirely new way.”

Injustice 2 offers the latest DC fighting game experience that expands on the previous title’s larger-than-life showdowns. Every battle defines you in a game where players personalise iconic DC characters with unique and powerful gear earned throughout the game. For the first time gamers can take control of how their characters look, fight and develop across a variety of game modes.

Injustice 2 continues the epic cinematic story introduced in Injustice: Gods Among Us as Batman and his allies work towards putting the pieces of society back together while struggling against those who want to restore Superman’s regime. In the midst of the chaos, a new threat appears that will put Earth’s existence at risk. Players can play from the biggest DC roster ever offered in a fighting game, from classic fan favourites such as Batman, Superman, Supergirl and Aquaman, to astonishing new villains like Atrocitus and Gorilla Grodd. Battles will take place across arenas that have evolved in scale and span across iconic locations such as Metropolis, Gotham City and Atlantis.

To celebrate the announcement of Injustice 2, fans who have downloaded the hugely successful Injustice: Gods Among Us mobile game can unlock the Injustice 2 versions of Superman and Aquaman through the in-game Challenge Modes. Released in 2013 and developed from the ground up by NetherRealm Studios, the Injustice: Gods Among Us mobile game is available as a free download on the App Store and Google Play.
    http://www.injustice.com/

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

A sequel to Injustice? Finally, they are giving us the game that nobody asked for.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Says you. You read the Injustice comics at all because that shit is crazy.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/...o-ps4-in-2017/

The Gear System uses RPG-like mechanics to reward you with loot drops every time you play the game. With each loot drop, you will earn character-specific gear to outfit and power up your roster – changing not only the look of each character, but your fight strategy and your personal approach to every match. As you gear up your characters, you’re building a roster of DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains that reflects your choices, and your preferences, which can be vastly different than your opponents. A few play sessions in, you can expect your Aquaman to look and play different than anyone else’s Aquaman you may come across.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

It sounds nice, but it's a fighting game. A meta will emerge and then all of your customization will be tuned towards whatever's the best.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Do I get to EV train Batman??

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Says you. You read the Injustice comics at all because that shit is crazy.
    Also, fuck yeah. Although I'm not too happy about the events of the past few weeks..

Spoiler: show
    Poor Alfred.. And this week's issue is just a tease.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    It sounds nice, but it's a fighting game. A meta will emerge and then all of your customization will be tuned towards whatever's the best.
    Or more realistically the meta will be no equipment, like every other fighter that does "equipment" except like SFxT kind of I guess because you couldn't turn gems off or something?

Or it doesn't catch on competitively at all in which case go fucking nuts. Kind of reminds me of Soul Calibur V's equipment/skills/whatever it had.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    The cycle is broken this time, no PC version

Also, in regards to some kind of meta around the customization I'm sure all that shit will be banned from competitive play.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Dat Black Manta

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

At least female faces (well, Supergirl anyways) looks less manish this time around.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Dug the first one; getting this one, but not until I pick up a PS4 because fuck NRS dropping PC support 3 days after launch.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

PSN pre-order is up, along with Amazon|Best Buy|Gamestop, but if you go through PSN, you get a free theme.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...JUSTICE2000000

I haven't been able to find what the theme looks like, yet.

Tio Derp
    DHC Glitch of the House of Weave

BG Level

I'm hype. I thoroughly enjoyed the first one, and hope the story is on the same par.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Good fucking music, too. I always enjoyed the victory loop on Batman's manor. Sounded so epic with the person posing there like a badass.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AvidLoki View Post
    I'm hype. I thoroughly enjoyed the first one, and hope the story is on the same par.
    I hope you've been reading the comic (and that they continue the comic..).

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The comic is a pretty solid bread winner for DC (relative to how small the comic market is as a whole), I sincerely doubt they'd end it.

Tio Derp
    DHC Glitch of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    I hope you've been reading the comic (and that they continue the comic..).
    What? Is it just called Injustice or is there another name to it? I'm looking for it now!

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by AvidLoki View Post
    What? Is it just called Injustice or is there another name to it? I'm looking for it now!
    Currently it's Injustice: Year Five so if you want the full story till the current issue, you're gonna have to backtrack to year one.

or you could always

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast