+ Reply to Thread
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

2 Christ 2 Furious (Passion of the Christ 2)

Yup, this is a thing.

Randall Wallace (who wrote Braveheart), has confirmed he's working with Mel Gibson on a script for the sequel. It will apparently start with the resurrection and go from there.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-christ-901299

And yes, I stole the joke in the title from reddit.

BG Level

...all of the wut

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Shit gets crazy when the donkey cart hits 8.8 miles per hour.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

I don't remember much from my religious Catholic days, but didn't he go see his disciples again, then float in to the sky or some shit? Not much there to make a movie from.

They're about to pull a Hobbit and add extra shit. Battle of Five Armies: Jebus Edition. Also, trilogy.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    I don't remember much from my religious Catholic days, but didn't he go see his disciples again, then float in to the sky or some shit? Not much there to make a movie from.

They're about to pull a Hobbit and add extra shit. Battle of Five Armies: Jebus Edition. Also, trilogy.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Well, yeah, but then there's content revolving around what happens to the disciples in setting up his church, so I could see it. Most of the new testament after the 4 gospels is letters from apostles to the various church groups advising how to deal with things. John the Baptist could be a main protagonist with the story detailing his imprisonment and eventual beheading. In fact, "Passion of the Baptist" would make a much better title than any of the "standard sequel" possibilities.

Old Merits
    BG Level

My guess it will be Luke 24 through Acts. Luke also wrote the book of Acts so one could call Acts "2nd Luke". Seems like a good place to have a sequel to me.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

It's Mel Gibson, half will be the resurrection and ascension, and the rest will be the revelation to John.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Egon View Post
    My guess it will be Luke 24 through Acts. Luke also wrote the book of Acts so one could call Acts "2nd Luke". Seems like a good place to have a sequel to me.
    The Lukening?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

lol nice title

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Egon View Post
    This would be my guess also.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'd watch this. Fuck the haters.

Pretty goddamn obligatory:

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I can definitely see Gibson making a trilogy, with the third part being Revelation.

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    Well, yeah, but then there's content revolving around what happens to the disciples in setting up his church, so I could see it. Most of the new testament after the 4 gospels is letters from apostles to the various church groups advising how to deal with things. John the Baptist could be a main protagonist with the story detailing his imprisonment and eventual beheading. In fact, "Passion of the Baptist" would make a much better title than any of the "standard sequel" possibilities.
    Except John the Baptist died before Jesus. Prequel, maybe.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Quote Originally Posted by Marootsoobutsu View Post
    Except John the Baptist died before Jesus. Prequel, maybe.
    I think he meant to say St. Paul who wrote the letters that are after the Gospel. He was imprisoned in Rome where a lot of his writing took place, and where he was given the vision of Revelations.

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybar View Post
    I think he meant to say St. Paul who wrote the letters that are after the Gospel. He was imprisoned in Rome where a lot of his writing took place, and where he was given the vision of Revelations.
    No, the Apostle John (as opposed to John the Baptist) was given the vision of Revelation (no "s") (there some debate that it wasn't the Apostle John, and was simply another prophet named John, but it was certainly not John the Baptist), and it written from exile on the isle of Patmos.

But yeah, Paul was imprisoned multiple times, ship wrecked, all kinds of things. Some of his writing took place while imprisoned in Rome, others took place while he was church planting around the Mediterranean (and there may well have been several of the pseudoPauline epistles also written by others in prison). But yeah, Paul's story in Acts could make a very interesting movie, especially as supplemented by Church tradition (the Bible doesn't say how Paul dies, for example, but his story kind of needs an ending).

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Quote Originally Posted by Marootsoobutsu View Post
    No, the Apostle John (as opposed to John the Baptist) was given the vision of Revelation (no "s") (there some debate that it wasn't the Apostle John, and was simply another prophet named John, but it was certainly not John the Baptist), and it written from exile on the isle of Patmos.

But yeah, Paul was imprisoned multiple times, ship wrecked, all kinds of things. Some of his writing took place while imprisoned in Rome, others took place while he was church planting around the Mediterranean (and there may well have been several of the pseudoPauline epistles also written by others in prison). But yeah, Paul's story in Acts could make a very interesting movie, especially as supplemented by Church tradition (the Bible doesn't say how Paul dies, for example, but his story kind of needs an ending).
    It's been awhile since I "studied" the Bible, easy to mix up authors and their works Thanks for clearing that up.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybar View Post
    It's been awhile since I "studied" the Bible, easy to mix up authors and their works Thanks for clearing that up.
    Ditto and ditto, yeah apostle John.

Also saw this today on imgur

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Scientology book much more appropriate for spaceballs.