+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oh, you want to argue about the term “assault weapon” do you? Don’t you NRA assholes every get tired of being so reflexively predictable? Look here, fifty dead, killed by a single gunman in a few minutes, that isn’t the kind of weapon used for “hunting” or “home defense” – unless you live in Somalia. That’s an assault weapon. I spent my entire life in the military under arms, I know a goddamned assault weapon when I see one. So you NRA assholes sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up. This is on you, you terrorist enabling sons of bitches, this is all on you.
    I'm sorry, are we supposed to pretend that further restricting gun laws is going to prevent someone from getting access to an assault rifle when they really want it?

But nope, it's the NRA's fault.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

More details about the foiled West Hollywood Gay Pride parade attack.

https://www.google.com/amp/ktla.com/...droid-verizon#

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

everyone on my fb is blaming guns and lax gun laws. I guess they don't realize that if someone wants to destroy. They will find a way to do it. If it wasn't a gun, it'd be something else. And people would be bitching about how X object needs more laws against it. Meanwhilst, the ACTUAL reason for the crime is being ignored.

weapons are not the cause of the crime, it is just the TOOL to get the job done. Remember, if it wasn't a gun, it'd just be something else. The REASON for the crime is the supposed disdain for queers, the ISIS-pledged perpetrator had.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    I'm sorry, are we supposed to pretend that further restricting gun laws is going to prevent someone from getting access to an assault rifle when they really want it?

But nope, it's the NRA's fault.
    California's assault rifle ban worked pretty well.

@Koul Terrorist used to use bombed more often in their attacks. They've now switched to guns because we now monitor explosives that are purchased.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/.../?ex_cid=538fb

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

You're missing the other parts:

"Guns are easier for terrorists to work with than explosives “and are less likely to result in a terrorist operation being compromised,” said Jeffrey Simon, a visiting lecturer in the department of political science at the University of California, Los Angeles, and author of the book “Lone Wolf Terrorism: Understanding the Growing Threat.” “That’s particularly appealing to lone wolves. We’ll see more of that in the U.S.”

Guns have become a tool for more U.S. terrorist attacks because the targets have shifted from property to people, Miller, the Global Terrorism Database manager, said. In the 1970s, there were routinely more than 100 terrorist attacks each year, while in some recent years, there have been fewer than 10 terrorist attacks — while the number of deaths hasn’t declined by nearly as much. Miller said the prevailing wisdom about terrorists is that they have changed from wanting to be watched, not to kill, to wanting both to be watched and to kill."

so, ban guns. put stricter laws on guns. and then the terrorists will move onto whatever is easiest next. rinse, wash, repeat. Congratulations we still aren't getting to the root issue. Which is political islam.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    everyone on my fb is blaming guns and lax gun laws. I guess they don't realize that if someone wants to destroy. They will find a way to do it. If it wasn't a gun, it'd be something else. And people would be bitching about how X object needs more laws against it. Meanwhilst, the ACTUAL reason for the crime is being ignored.

weapons are not the cause of the crime, it is just the TOOL to get the job done. Remember, if it wasn't a gun, it'd just be something else. The REASON for the crime is the supposed disdain for queers, the ISIS-pledged perpetrator had.
    This is part of it. But if an assault rifle isn't so easy to get, how many would still take the extra step to build a bomb?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

This is the biggest knife attack I could find and it took 4 people to kill 29 and wound 140, making their individual share 7/35 compared to this guy's 50/53. lmk when some random rentacop takes a knife and uses it to kill 50 and wound another 50, because all the high scores I see are coming from bombs (which we regulate the materials for) and gun violence. I mean, why regulate nuclear weapons? If someone wants to start WWIII they're going to find a way to do it anyway.

I bet hardcore conservative christians are having a hard time this morning deciding if they should hate the muslim terrorist or praise anti-gay violence he perpetrated.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Itt; people who think a gun ban would prevent terrorists from getting access to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Obama looked so fed up with having to give these briefings.
    He probably has a mad-libs-type script for this shit by now, it's routine at this point.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Itt; people who think a gun ban would prevent terrorists from getting access to them.
    Australia says hi

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

My bad, I forgot this guy was hardened criminal who had deep connections with and received material support from terrorists

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    This is part of it. But if an assault rifle isn't so easy to get, how many would still take the extra step to build a bomb?
    The ones that want to destroy...? This reasoning is stupid. You really think that terrorists will think "man. we can't get guns anymore... why even BOTHER going on a murder spree for our God... fuck this. Let's go get tacos"

no. If they are committed to their cause, they will find a way to see it through.

Don't get confused with me being all 'MURICA! NO GUN CONTROL! What I'm saying is that until we come to terms with the root cause of the hatred (political islam) these things will continue to happen. As. We've. Seen. Time. and time. again.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

lol i never knew you were a "THEYRE COMING FOR MAH GUNS" type of guy

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Gokku View Post
    Australia says hi
    Thankfully, no one gives a shit about Australia.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    lol i never knew you were a "THEYRE COMING FOR MAH GUNS" type of guy
    I avoid the topic on here because it'll be a losing battle with how generally liberal BG is.

GOOD THING WE SEPARATED THIS THREAD FROM THE GUN VIOLENCE ONE.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah, this is probably some guy who went around buying another sidearm every time he felt slighted. Then when the camel's back broke he had an arsenal immediately at his disposal.

If you can't see the difference between that and someone who has to go through illegal (and thus probably slow) channels to purchase firearms and build their arsenal, then I'm not sure what to say. There will always be people that can get firearms and any given person given enough time will be able to get a firearm, as it is in Europe. All firearm legislation does is change how easy it is, and that has huge implications for how readily available weapons are when thinskinned schmo A finally snaps.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

damn this dude been on FBI's radar for years. investigated/interviewed multiple times. COME ON GUYS

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

so, ban guns. put stricter laws on guns. and then the terrorists will move onto whatever is easiest next. rinse, wash, repeat. Congratulations we still aren't getting to the root issue. Which is political islam.
    So lets ban political islam.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Well shit we can't do that. Welp folks case closed. We can't ban guns and we can't ban religion. I guess we'll just skip to step 6 where nobody cares and nothing gets done and we'll wait for the deja vu happens again. Should we just take bets on what the next mass shooter will be?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

There's only one way to ban guns in America, and until a constitutional amendment is actually proposed, in a serious fashion, then it's nothing but talk and emotional outrage, or demagoguing if done by a politician. Better to direct it at the root of the problem then the tool used to accomplish their evil but we're not at the point where that's possible due to the unintended consequences of our current PC pendulum swing, and we won't address it until it's swung back into balance, likely driven by more of these events.

The other complication is the fourth amendment, which locks down much of our ability to get at the root of the problem, since it's burred under a 'religious' cloak. Communities that are vulnerable to the ISIS message also tend to be isolated as well, further complicating law enforcement's ability to work within the community to root out this problem. Europe is a great example of this phenomenon.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    damn this dude been on FBI's radar for years. investigated/interviewed multiple times. COME ON GUYS
    Further, he JUST bought those 2 guns legally in the last few days. So the FBI knew about him and the use of his gun permit raised no red flags.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast