+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm sure basically this entire forum would disagree with Milo on pretty much everything he says, but he's 100% right here.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Verge, trying to be relevant, is slamming EA for being tone-deaf by showing Titanfall 2 & Battlefield 1 at the conference.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/12/11...e-gun-violence

They closed their comment section for this article. they just reopened them.
    And now Verge is promoting the conference they are shaming - http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/12/11...ield-1-e3-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post

I'm sure basically this entire forum would disagree with Milo on pretty much everything he says, but he's 100% right here.
    Except he's not.

If he was a Republican and supported anyone other than Trump no one would give a fuck.

If he had died clutching a Jeb! pin no one would care.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet View Post
    Might as well add people who have DV history or restraining orders to that list.

I think there will come a time where the general public will realize that there's no societal benefit to having high-efficiency killing machines available to a large segment of the public, and that restricting access to those weapons is the only feasible solution that will make a difference without impeding other freedoms that are just as if not more important.
    As a person who has had to put someone else under a restraining order: yes, they need to have all of their firearms taken away. The guy damn near killed me and my parents without guns, and that's only because I took the guns away while he was in jail for domestic abuse.

BG Level

As someone who's had a restraining order placed on them after an argument over the phone, um, no.

Not to trivialize anything you and your family went through.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post

ok but that would be like a jew with a hitler poster. why we doing hypotheticals of things that dont exist?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Why is this shit not in the youtube diarrhea section.
    The same reason the San Bernadino and Paris Hostage situations were in general?

When I was living in Orlando, I visited Pulse. More than once.

Today is a rough day.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

This shit is never going to stop. Obama going to throw a huge party when he leaves the white house. He looks so worn down. I'm going to a dinner later to shield my buddy from his in-laws who are here for his sons graduation. If I hear one thing about this from those racist/bigoted/homophobic pricks I'm probably going to jail for assault. What the fuck is wrong with people?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

"I'm too much of a pussy and respect the law too much to shoot up a gay bar myself, but that IS what the Bible said we should do."

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I bet hardcore conservative christians are having a hard time this morning deciding if they should hate the muslim terrorist or praise anti-gay violence he perpetrated.
    I'd say he pretty much split the difference.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    "you deserve a high five. In the face. With mjollnir. "

From the comments

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by mallister View Post
    As someone who's had a restraining order placed on them after an argument over the phone, um, no.

Not to trivialize anything you and your family went through.
    After going through getting a restraining order, I can tell you that you are lying about something. Judges do not grant orders for one argument over the phone. Either that or your judge was in a really pissy mood that day.

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Legitimately though, guns are not a constitutional right as a whole. If they were then we wouldn't have rulings like this or the Assault Weapons Control Act of 1989.

I know these are based on a single state, but if the second amend were to be held up against this (As it should) than these rulings and laws wouldn't hold a candle. Something can be done if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: Lets not forget this either. http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/gop-block...ts-buying-guns

I know its been brought up in this thread, but it should be repeated.
    This is the thing that people seem to have either forgotten or aren't old enough to have known in the first place. All guns all the time being some sort of constitutional free pass is a very new interpretation of the second amendment. The body of the constitution does not need to change in order for the legal application of its principles to evolve. A new supreme court could just as easily decide tomorrow that the second amendment guarantees the right to a stockpile of hand loaded muskets that may be kept in a locked central armory in the village square and not an ounce more if they feel like it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So if you list the countries where you can legally buy an assault rifle as a civilians it's gonna be like: somalia, united arab emirates, afghanistan, congo, maybe pakistan and uh.... im thinking... mongolia, hmm.... north korea? nah they dont have a monetary system... ok belarus, romania and oh yea - the united states of america

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Agreed Guardian. The great thing about the second amendment is that, and imma quote wikipedia on this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second...stitution#Text
    There are several versions of the text of the Second Amendment, each with capitalization or punctuation differences. Differences exist between the drafted and ratified copies, the signed copies on display, and various published transcriptions.[17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24] The importance (or lack thereof) of these differences has been the source of debate regarding the meaning and interpretation of the amendment, particularly regarding the importance of the prefatory clause.

One version was passed by the Congress, and a slightly different version was ratified.[25][26][27][28][29] As passed by the Congress and preserved in the National Archives, with the rest of the original hand-written copy of the Bill of Rights prepared by scribe William Lambert, the amendment says:[30]
    Either way, this week will be fun as propaganda on both sides unfold.

I'm tempted to post this on my facebook feed with something along the lines of "These aren't the only lives to have been lost for equal rights" or some other sappy shit just to set off my fellow nuclear navy brethren but I think I can only poke so much before it becomes abuse.

That and I'm outnumbered at work.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It's not always forgotten, but the supreme court doesn't have a great mechanism for rejecting their previous decisions and the NRA has built the case for "second amendment = unregulated guns" through the legal system. Perhaps some kind of historical overturning of previous decisions will occur and bail us out of the gun situation, but it feels about as probable as another amendment clarifying the second amendment.

Plus, it isn't like gun control laws are going to court and getting tested. They aren't even getting passed and red states they're generally not even introduced.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rooney View Post
    After going through getting a restraining order, I can tell you that you are lying about something. Judges do not grant orders for one argument over the phone. Either that or your judge was in a really pissy mood that day.
    happened twice, actually. same ex wife, two different districts so two different judges. i wasn't even in the country the second time. thanks for the vote of confidence though.

Old Merits
    BG Level

You can take away my guns if I can take away your abortions. Deal?

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

You guys are a better news source than the actual news, so I had a question.

I keep seeing post about the entire situation lasting 3 hours before Orlando seat engaged this POS. Any truth to that?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast