Malorne
    Blog Entries

God of War - April 20, 2018

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Said this during the reveal, and yeah visuals look cool, but nothing about the gameplay interested me. I saw nothing of what makes a God of War game other then some quick time events.

Looks like a completely generic 3rd person action game with a Kratos skin slapped on the character.

I'd like to be surprised down the line, but the initial reveal doesn't interest me in the slightest.

It's like DMC. It was a decent enough game in its own right, but as an actual Devil May Cry game it kinda sucked.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

I'm still pulling for Kratos to die and play as literally anyone else but him. I may also be willing to accept a hard reboot, but the "Spartan Rage" mode basically dismisses that idea.

Confirmation bias, but there seem to be a few hints pushing it in the direction of it being the kid as the main character. Kratos focusing on teaching him, and an experience gain when the kid shoots the deer (which you control for some reason) but nothing similar from anything Kratos does.

Edit: Eh, nevermind. Interview with dev says continuation of Kratos story, playing Kratos the whole game. No longer interested.

And they're spectacular!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Anyone else getting the vibe of Tomb Raider: Kratos Edition from that trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Said this during the reveal, and yeah visuals look cool, but nothing about the gameplay interested me. I saw nothing of what makes a God of War game other then some quick time events.

Looks like a completely generic 3rd person action game with a Kratos skin slapped on the character.

I'd like to be surprised down the line, but the initial reveal doesn't interest me in the slightest.

It's like DMC. It was a decent enough game in its own right, but as an actual Devil May Cry game it kinda sucked.
    This combat looks like a step back to me. It's so slow and weird

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I know its been said a million times, but I don't care: Kratos in some fur: Legendary Edition.

Meh.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Mabubeezareel View Post
    Anyone else getting the vibe of Tomb Raider: Kratos Edition from that trailer?
    Fucking this. That's exactly how I see this game as- all of my nopes

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

im not on board with the continuing Kratos story. I hope they are trying to pull the ol switch-a-roo on us, let kratos die (as he should have by now). And give us another character to start another whole trilogy with. Im all for another trilogy but this shits on the PS2/3 Era games if you keep Kratos as the main character and dont pass the mantle (or ashes huehuehue).

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'mma kinda glad it seems like most people here agree with me that this initially looks meh, but from what I'm seeing the Internet is furiously masturbating over God of War : The Last of Us Edition.

I don't have a problem with Kratos still being the protagonist, I'm just wholly unimpressed with what they showed from a gameplay perspective. Now IF the kid is actually the main character and you aren't playing Kratos for the entire game, it wouldn't bother me to the same degree. But it still wouldn't be God of War.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Maybe this is just a way to throw people off. Like when the kid brutally dies like Joel's kid in the beginning of TLOU it'll send Kratos off the handle again, this time at the Norse gods for fucking with his life again the game will shift to the classic God of War. Probably not, but here's hoping.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I didn't play GOW Ascension. Did the world come back together or something after GOW3? What I miss?

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by ninjafox View Post
    I didn't play GOW Ascension. Did the world come back together or something after GOW3? What I miss?
    It was a prequel. You really didn't miss a whole lot. I loved the GoW series (particularly 2 & 3). I didn't mind this entry to the series. It was a little "harder" than previous titles and then combat from what I remember was decent. The story was really lacking though. You could tell they were just kind of reaching to pump out something between console generations.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ascension wasn't a sequel. GoW 3 was the last in the series chronologically, at least up to this one.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    Maybe this is just a way to throw people off. Like when the kid brutally dies like Joel's kid in the beginning of TLOU it'll send Kratos off the handle again, this time at the Norse gods for fucking with his life again the game will shift to the classic God of War. Probably not, but here's hoping.
    lol thats the part i cant wrap my head around. Why would anybody willingly fuck with kratos.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

This game doesn't make any sense as the world ended pretty much and Athena's ghost was the only sort of God left over. Though Kratos wasn't conclusively dead, everyone else on the planet is. Who does he have a child with? Why the hell is his name Charlie? This just doesn't seem like a good idea

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by shidobu View Post
    lol thats the part i cant wrap my head around. Why would anybody willingly fuck with kratos.
    They're making a second John Wick movie. Logic need not apply when there's money to be made.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    They're making a second John Wick movie. Logic need not apply when there's money to be made.
    Hah... John Wick was dope tho.

I want to see some real combat with different weapons before i completely banish this to the trash bin.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

RPG Elements | No load screens or cinematics | One Button dedicated to Son actions
    Camera controlled by Right Stick | Bombastic moments will be present | Many Secret areas
    "This game is about Kratos teaching his son how to be a god, and his son teaching Kratos how to be human again"

http://gematsu.com/2016/06/god-war-r...s-load-screens

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    Edit: Eh, nevermind. Interview with dev says continuation of Kratos story, playing Kratos the whole game. No longer interested.
    That's disappointing. I was kind of hoping for a Geralt/Ciri type of thing going on, with this being a short intro, then timeskip into son being young adult, playable, plays very different from Kratos. Oh well. Missed opportunity, I think.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

+ Reply to Thread