+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    Really? I only did 1 playthrough before I went to bed, but I don't think I had a single jump scare. One mannequin fell over on the way out at the very end, that was the only movement I saw the whole time. It was all atmospheric tension besides that.
    There's a couple more before then but most of the jump scares are in the "tape" section with the ghost but you may even go through the whole thing and miss her completely.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Was she upstairs? I started going up and the guy told me to stick with him so I went back down.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Demo was confirmed by Capcom on their stream that the PT is NOT part of the RE7 main game, its just an introduction into some of the gameplay and a teaser, so more then likely RE7 story/experience will be different from the demo.

https://www.reddit.com/r/residentevi...the_full_game/

Also seems there is more to the demo then what players have found, here's a link to all the info gathered by the RE community about the Demo.

https://www.reddit.com/r/residentevi...o_help_thread/

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post
    Also seems there is more to the demo then what players have found, here's a link to all the info gathered by the RE community about the Demo.

Oh, good bit more to it I guess. I didn't realize going out the back door was a death and there's actually more lol. Game makes it seem like that's it, doesn't give a you died screen or anything. Guess I'll load it back up later and explore around some more.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Oh, good bit more to it I guess. I didn't realize going out the back door was a death and there's actually more lol. Game makes it seem like that's it, doesn't give a you died screen or anything. Guess I'll load it back up later and explore around some more.
    Someone (most likely a Capcom PR) said on Reddit right as the Demo came out in JP/EU that there were 3 endings to the demo and so far players have only found the 2 "wrong" endings, so people are still trying to figure out how to get this "good" ending.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Only played it quickly but:

Spoiler: show
    First time I went through the entire thing without seeing anything except creepy mannequin stuff (and the dead guy in the video). Did the tape, got the key, went to the door and 'died'. I thought that was it until it reloaded.

Second time I went "heh what happens if I hit the fireplace right away". No key, but a fuse! I didn't get that the first time as it wasn't on the table in the room with the key. So I went upstairs immediately and found the other staircase. Answered the phone there and 'died' shortly after.

Right now I'm thinking my next try will be getting the fuse right away, then doing what I did the first time (aka not going upstairs until after the tape).

Avoided all spoilers so far but it seems like it'll be fun to figure out just like PT was. The 'fail' isn't nearly as scary here but still gives off a good vibe the rest of the time.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    Was she upstairs? I started going up and the guy told me to stick with him so I went back down.
    She's all over the place. There seems to be 7 spots where she can appear with different triggers.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I'm upset that the logo doesn't look like Jeffery the giraffe getting a blow job.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

I'm ok with this thing.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post
    Demo was confirmed by Capcom on their stream that the PT is NOT part of the RE7 main game, its just an introduction into some of the gameplay and a teaser, so more then likely RE7 story/experience will be different from the demo.

https://www.reddit.com/r/residentevi...the_full_game/

4-5 endings now, no one has figured out what to do with the finger still.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Press Release

Spoiler: show

At the Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) E3 press conference today, Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, announced Resident Evil 7 biohazard, the next major entry in the renowned Resident Evil series. Resident Evil 7 sets a new course for the Resident Evil series as it leverages its roots and opens the door to a truly terrifying horror experience. A dramatic new shift for the series to first person view in a photorealistic style powered by Capcom’s new RE Engine, Resident Evil 7 delivers an unprecedented level of immersion that brings the thrilling horror up close and personal. Resident Evil 7 is scheduled for release on PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system (the full gameplay experience will also be available via the included PlayStation VR Mode), Xbox One and Windows PC (Steam and Windows 10 Store) across North America and Europe on January 24, 2017.

Set in modern day rural America and taking place after the dramatic events of Resident Evil 6, players experience the terror directly from the first person perspective. The Resident Evil 7 Teaser: Beginning Hour demo, also announced today, portrays events leading up to the main game and ties directly into the impactful PlayStation VR “KITCHEN” tech demo first shown at E3 2015. In the new teaser demo, the player awakens inside a dilapidated cottage on an ominous plantation mansion. Can they make it out alive?

Resident Evil 7 embodies the series’ signature gameplay elements of exploration and tense atmosphere that first coined “survival horror” some twenty years ago; meanwhile, a complete refresh of gameplay systems simultaneously propels the survival horror experience to the next level. Terrifying fans at events across the globe last year, the PlayStation VR “KITCHEN” tech demo was developed utilizing the RE Engine’s VR oriented tools, and is the foundation on which the talented Resident Evil team has crafted the immersive horror experience in Resident Evil 7. Powered by the RE Engine in tandem with industry leading audio and visual technologies, Resident Evil 7 is poised to deliver a disturbingly realistic experience that will define the next era in horror entertainment.

PlayStation Plus subscribers can now download the standalone teaser demo for PlayStation 4 called Resident Evil 7 Teaser: Beginning Hour and will have first access before it is available on other platforms at a later date. Players can get a taste of what they can expect from Resident Evil 7 with a sampling of the nail-biting exploration and terrifying atmosphere the game will offer when it releases early next year.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The first three caps that I put at the top of that spoiler are ones that I haven't seen in the demo nor on any livestreams.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So, first person confirmed for full game

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

No go if it's first person.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    No go if it's first person.
    I definitely am not a fan of the first person thing, but I'm willing to give it a shot. Aside from bringing back the tank controls, it's probably the best way to get that that feeling of powerlessness that 4/5/6 couldn't find.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Confirmed first-person and no quick time events.

Capcom is shaking things up for the next entry in the Resident Evil franchise. Resident Evil 7 biohazard, Capcom announced last week, will be a first-person, stripped-down survival horror game that does away with the explosive action direction that previous games took.

It also won't feature any "quick time events," those button-mashing, stick-waggling action moments introduced in Resident Evil 4.
    http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/24/120...me-events-nope

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

First person... lame!!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Considering the first game was originally intended to be first person, i'm alright with this, definitely is better then them making another RE 5/6.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If they go back to the roots, I don't care whether it's 1st person, 4th person or any kind of person.