Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I enjoy the first person atmospheric horror of the demo. I'm hoping that we get a kind of Cabin in the Woods story.

From hints found in the demo, looks like the Louisiana Bayou is the setting.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    I enjoy the first person atmospheric horror of the demo. I'm hoping that we get a kind of Cabin in the Woods story.

From hints found in the demo, looks like the Louisiana Bayou is the setting.
    Trailer also confirms it by showing the "Ghost sightings in Louisiana" newspaper too.

Edit: Actually says "Ghost Sightings in Bayou", so same thing.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

People are reporting that Capcom is finally sending email responses about questions of what the Dummy Finger does for the RE7 Demo, so we'll possibly see something in September since thats the date on the calendar in the picture.

http://r.ambassador.jp/mail/source/2...e7_finger.jpg?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Nopenopenopenopenope

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Nopenopenopenopenope
    Its not actual gameplay, in fact people have pointed out that it may be a new form of "video diary" similar to how we used to have to find notes and documents describing how people died or interacted with the event in question. So once again it falls under "not enough info" to really judge if this game is bad or not.

Edit: Another theory Reddit came up with is also possible, it could be there are multiple tapes we find that we can interact with in order to solve puzzles, very similar to how the Demo worked out with playing the tape of Clancy and the others, which could very well be what this is since its already been found that the person we play as in the Demo is in fact not Clancy or any of the others in the tape.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    The entire game will be in first-person, just like the Beginning Hour demo. In the Gamescom demo, which you have already seen almost in its entirety (except for excessive strong language and a simple puzzle), a girl named Mia is running from Marguerite Baker, the woman with the lantern. In the demo, she is howling about Mia being ungrateful for a gift which she was offered.

This bit takes place in Dulvee, Louisiana. The Baker family has disappeared under mysterious circumstances.

The Lantern demo is a found footage segment, just like the one that was in Beginning Hour. As Capcom has previously discussed, the protagonist (who has yet to be revealed) is male, so we don't quite know who Mia is or the "Ethan" who she is addressing.

We also don't know to whom Marguerite is referring when she howls about someone offering Mia "her gift." The woman also references that she and her family took Mia in and opened their heart and home to her.

At least some of the found footage segments are optional, and it's not clear quite yet how they weave into the main story narrative. We just know that they do.

I didn't love the demo. I thought the jump scares were predictable, the gameplay about as far as you can get from any version of Resident Evil we've seen before, and the experience fairly boring. Capcom wasn't even ready to tell us quite yet if what you do in the found footage segments has any bearing on the "real world" that we'll explore as the protagonist.

The one thing that did stand out as a positive is the use of depth of field to create cinematic moments. Unfortunately, those emerge most when hiding in one spot and remaining motionless for extended periods of time. The Lantern demo does a good job of aping the B-movie slasher vibe, but I'm not sure that's what I want from Resident Evil (or from any series).
    http://www.gameinformer.com/games/re...impressed.aspx

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

So you're telling me that the thing called "Gameplay Trailer" is not actual gameplay? That seems unlikely and would ultimately make the trailer itself pretty pointless.

But, it's Capcom, so who knows.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    So you're telling me that the thing called "Gameplay Trailer" is not actual gameplay? That seems unlikely and would ultimately make the trailer itself pretty pointless.

But, it's Capcom, so who knows.
    Its "Gameplay" but its "Cutscene Gameplay", like how when you run the tape in "Beginning Hour" and you are in a fully interactable CS but can't exactly "free explore". Think of it in terms of FFVIII CS where you can move Squall and the others around, but can't do anything and just watch the CS.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Capcom better show the actual game soon because I'm not liking any of this. What's with the hide and seek BS? This is not Resident Evil.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I think its too early still to bitch and moan about how this isn't "Resident Evil", for now we only know that the "Found Footage" element will add background lore based on what Capcom has said, so it seems like it'll replace the "Hmm found a memo, got some background lore from reading, moving on", while actually attempting to put horror elements into the lore. Hopefully the next trailer will show off the actual gameplay since Capcom did state they will show gunplay and the main story in later trailers as it gets closer to the release.

Remember, its a good thing that they are actually attempting to change the formula and not just simply give us a clone of RE6, shows they are actually trying for once compared to what they've been doing the last few years with RE.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Changing the formula is good, focusing on horror again is good. What's not good is showing off this kind of "generic 2016 horror game" gameplay.
    The classics were a perfect balance of survival and action elements up to RE4 which shifted way too heavily on action. With RE7 it seems like they're shifting way too hard on horror instead :/
    2 trailers and a demo should be enough to get a first impression of a game and for me it's not good. The next trailer better be the game and not another "tape". Let's not forget that the game is coming out in January.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Changing the formula is good, focusing on horror again is good. What's not good is showing off this kind of "generic 2016 horror game" gameplay.
    The classics were a perfect balance of survival and action elements up to RE4 which shifted way too heavily on action. With RE7 it seems like they're shifting way too hard on horror instead :/
    2 trailers and a demo should be enough to get a first impression of a game and for me it's not good. The next trailer better be the game and not another "tape". Let's not forget that the game is coming out in January.
    But we don't even know if its going to be like the classics anyway, the 2 trailers and the demo showed NOTHING of what RE7 is other then: 1. Its 1st person 2. Its horror 3. It has weapons and guns and herbs (last 2 are just Capcom stating and showing pics of the herbs) 4. Its in Lousiana and takes place after RE6, and recently 5. Tapes will be the new documents that give lore.

So far they only showed off the Horror element, they've yet to show off anything representative of the original in terms of Combat/Puzzles/Story. Plus true its coming out in Jan, but thats less then half a year away, thats PLENTY of time to show off the game in the coming months. Just because they're not showing the entire game right here right now doesn't mean that it is inherently "bad" and not "Resident Evil".

Plus is it really a bad thing for them NOT to talk about the story and have us go in blind so we can be surprised when it comes out? I'd rather it be like RE1 where I go in blind not knowing what is going on rather then it being where I know the entire story and how its going to play out like the trailers.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm not talking about story but gameplay. They keep saying that the main game is different so why not show it already? It's really their job to sell this game to me and other fans and I'm sad to say that these trailers and the demo were not Resident Evil (they even said so themselves). I really don't care about the story, what they've revealed is already more than enough for me, but they need to prove that this is more than the generic Amnesia clones out there.
    If the game ends up being so much different compared to these trailers then their marketing strategy is awful.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

If the trailer says gameplay trailer, I assume it's a gameplay trailer and like a real time trailer like was explained above. One way or another, generic horror game is a nope nope from me, and the onus is on them to show me something to change my mind.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I'm just gonna say it again: 6 wasn't that bad. At least, it had the best controls (short of RE4Wii and probably some PC versions) of the 3 actiony REs which made Mercenaries the best it has ever been. Story in all of 4-6 has always been kind of an afterthought, 5 and 6 just took it way too seriously until it suddenly didn't (WESKER IN A VOLCANO, fisticuffs in underwater lava lab, anything that comes out of Leon's mouth, etc). I'd have a difficult time believing that people prefer 4 and 5's tank controls even if they hate 6 as a game.

It doesn't change what 7 will be this far along, but really 6 isn't nearly as awful as anyone says it was. If anything it just wasn't a good "Resident Evil" game.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I mean, I don't know what kind of gamer you guys are, but after 15min the controls of the previous games were not a big issue for me. Atmosphere, plot, and gameplay are where it's at, and 6 was one of the weakest imo. Fuck that QTE shit, and I hated the fov I had when I played, but they might have patched or modded that since I played so idk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I agree that Mercenaries in 6 was at its best, loved it so much and I'd pay for a standalone Merc game on consoles with RE6 gameplay. The main game was rather weak though... good ideas but the scenarios were all over the place.
    I prefer the scenario they're going for in RE7 but the gameplay isn't really doing it for me. I like Amnesia btw, it's just not what I want from RE.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I mean, I don't know what kind of gamer you guys are, but after 15min the controls of the previous games were not a big issue for me. Atmosphere, plot, and gameplay are where it's at, and 6 was one of the weakest imo. Fuck that QTE shit, and I hated the fov I had when I played, but they might have patched or modded that since I played so idk

I think when they made the PC version they patched in FoV adjustments to consoles. And yeah, QTE garbage is QTE garbage but the parrying thing was pretty good (at the very least it means I don't have to be scared shitless of dogs and the inside-out guys, Bloodshots?)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast