+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Sure, but I'd expect the sequel to have a few updated moves for quality of life reasons. Shit, RE3 had quick turn and that alone changed everything. But that alone does not a good game make, and RE6 was not a good game.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

There is gameplay within the new trailer, we just don't get to see it all. It's still yet to be seen if they're going to let the public play it.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Capcom better show the actual game soon because I'm not liking any of this. What's with the hide and seek BS? This is not Resident Evil.
    I agree... I am a huge RE fan and have bought all the games but this does not look fun at all to me. It reminds me of one of those indie/cheap games that everyone and their grandma plays on twitch/youtube to get subscribers. They went way too far into the horror aspect and it doesn't even look like RE.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

If it makes anyone feel better, Capcom was showing off that there will be shotguns in RE7 and Gunplay was already shown at E3, so if you think its going to be just hide and seek, you're jumping the gun WAY too early on judging the game.

Edit: Pic someone took of one of the screens during the E3 presentation of RE7 (Capcom has stated the main game is shown in it, all the scenes that aren't in the demo are in the main game)

Video Link of E3 Presentation: Image appears on Right hand side for a brief instant: https://youtu.be/sQ27VZz2kkQ?t=2m56s

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

I'll reserve judgement, but it seems like they're really trying to make it as scary as P.T. Problem is that it's coming off really forced, and aside from the mannequins and one jump scare, I really didn't feel that sense of terror in the demo that I did with PT. Plus, it seems we're playing as helpless civilians? RE has always been about jump scares and freaky zombies, but you were a trained, or in-training STARS/RCPD officer with a handgun at least. I'm hoping in the end it'll balance the jump scares and action, but not try too hard to be like Silent Hill.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    I'll reserve judgement, but it seems like they're really trying to make it as scary as P.T. Problem is that it's coming off really forced, and aside from the mannequins and one jump scare, I really didn't feel that sense of terror in the demo that I did with PT. Plus, it seems we're playing as helpless civilians? RE has always been about jump scares and freaky zombies, but you were a trained, or in-training STARS/RCPD officer with a handgun at least. I'm hoping in the end it'll balance the jump scares and action, but not try too hard to be like Silent Hill.
    Based off the E3 footage of the main character getting either arrested/talking to an officer, its assumed that our character is either a civilian who gets armed after a zombie attack or a fellow officer who happens to stumble upon all this, but we are not going to be unarmed civilians dodging and Silent Hills-ing through this game, we already have confirmed melee weapons (axe in teaser demo) and Capcom has said/shown that we will have all the weapons we know and love in the RE series.

I think the reason people are freaking out is they think Capcom is just going to copy/paste PT/Silent Hill when all they've shown is 2 "demo" trailers and a teaser demo showing off nothing real substantial beyond "here is how gameplay works, please look forward to more info", its like when people freaked out RE4 was going to be Silent Hill copy back when it was first being teased.

Think of this like a movie, people are bitching and moaning about how "bad" it sounds/looks until the "trailer" comes out and then it either changes opinions or reinforces them. If RE7 ends up being Silent Hills like and people hate it, then move on and just wait instead for REmake 2.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Spoiler: show

gun proof

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

ESRB Description
    This is a survival-horror game in which players assume the role of Ethan, a man searching for his missing wife in a derelict mansion. From a first-person perspective, players explore the environment and use pistols, shotguns, flamethrowers, explosives and chainsaws to kill mutant creatures. Combat is accompanied by realistic gunfire, screams of pain, and exaggerated blood-splatter effects. As players progress through the story, cutscenes can depict instances of gore and intense acts of violence: a character’s arm dismembered by a chainsaw; a man’s leg taken off at the knee with a shovel; a character impaled through the face with a shovel. Some areas also depict mutilated corpses with exposed organs/viscera. The words “f**k” and “sh*t” are heard in the dialogue.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Eh. We're at exactly which sequel right now? We're way past the 7th for sure, and we're being thrown back into the frey of "oh no whats going on whats with these monsters ahh"? I'll wait for a story trailer, but so far it feels more like a reboot with the Resident Evil name than a proper sequel.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Eh. We're at exactly which sequel right now? We're way past the 7th for sure, and we're being thrown back into the frey of "oh no whats going on whats with these monsters ahh"? I'll wait for a story trailer, but so far it feels more like a reboot with the Resident Evil name than a proper sequel.
    That's sorta the feeling I've gotten. I didn't play 6 but based on 5 and the canon movies, I was lead to believe that the world at large is well aware of BOWs, the various viruses (or at least their after effects), etc. Need to get a better idea if we're just looking at a general first person survivor horror game, or if this actually picks up the series and builds on it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Beginning Hour: Twilight Version demo/update coming September 15th
    http://gematsu.com/2016/09/resident-...bakers-trailer

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

lol okay... first time ive been legit hype about this game.

that was a good trailer (shoulda been a movie tho)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

So instead of resident evil, it's a torture simulator? The fuck is this?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

So whats the outbreak for this game? Its not las plagas and I haven't seen any signs of Umbrella having contaminated the place. It seems like the "Bakers" are giving people a "gift" that once eaten it turns them bonkers? Hence why in that latest trailer the son (w/e) got stabbed and was fine and the wife (w/e) was frantic when the gift was refused. And then assuming you eat it you can take that stab he is about to give the MC?

Maybe it turns into a race against time to clean out the place before you get fully infected and crazy yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    So whats the outbreak for this game? Its not las plagas and I haven't seen any signs of Umbrella having contaminated the place. It seems like the "Bakers" are giving people a "gift" that once eaten it turns them bonkers? Hence why in that latest trailer the son (w/e) got stabbed and was fine and the wife (w/e) was frantic when the gift was refused. And then assuming you eat it you can take that stab he is about to give the MC?

Maybe it turns into a race against time to clean out the place before you get fully infected and crazy yourself
    During the first demo, one of the rooms has a picture of a helicopter with an Umbrella symbol on it. Caption is something like "Are they watching this place?" So, I'm thinking either they're behind this outbreak again, or are trying to get their hands on whatever it is.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Updated Demo includes an unlockable item for the full game

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

well i for one am stoked. RE 5 and 6 were increasingly shitty iterations of the action play of 4, which was the best game of the series by way of a paradigm shift. here's to hoping another shift can bring the magic back. got no problem with franchises reinventing themselves after growing stale.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast