+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Bought this for 35 for Steam. I hope it's good. Looking like it has an Outlast/PT feel to it, so excited about that.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

review are out and full of praise, 86 average at metacritic. PCgamer gave it a 90 and said these things

This understated opening immediately sets the tone for Resident Evil 7. It’s a return to the atmospheric, slow-burning horror of the original, with a few nods to contemporary games like Alien: Isolation and Amnesia. The shift to a first-person perspective might suggest it’s a bold reinvention of the series, in the same way Resident Evil 4 was, but it really isn’t. It’s classic Resident Evil through and through, with healing herbs, item boxes, elaborate puzzles, and shambling monsters. But the convoluted mythology, overripe melodrama, and absurd action set-pieces that plagued the last few games have been sidelined for something more subtle and refined.

I have some friends coming over tonight, so I won't be able to touch it til tomorrow. I got the day off, though, so I'm playing that shit all day. The hype is real.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I'm putting this on my "things I want to play over Spring Break" list.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Why couldn't they just add a 3rd person mode though? Screams of sales push for VR.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If it solely existed for the point of pushing VR there wouldn't be a one year exclusivity on the mode for PSVR.

They're obviously pushing for a new design with the 1st person which I'm all for. While I haven't really been a fan of the direction of the series for the last few, I definitely still enjoyed them for what they were. Once reviews started pouring in I grabbed it, definitely looking forward to it.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

This game is fucking insane.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Good to hear.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

A lot of streamers and such enjoying the fuck out of it it seems.

BG Level

Game is pretty damn awesome so far.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I don't have it, but from what I've heard probably the biggest selling point of going PSVR on this is the better (when you get used to it) aiming.

Also, 6's story (so was 5's and 4's survives on pure camp) was shit but the gameplay is the tightest it had ever been in the 4/5/6 run so as a result it had the best Mercenaries.

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

i thought 6 was one of the best entries to the franchise really fun game. i could understand if its not like for being to actiony but i put it right up there with code veronica.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by bori View Post
    Bought this for 35 for Steam. I hope it's good. Looking like it has an Outlast/PT feel to it, so excited about that.
    Was the $35 price only for yesterday? Basic edition is $60 from all I can find.

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Was the $35 price only for yesterday? Basic edition is $60 from all I can find.
    I'm guessing it was from cdkeys.com, cause it was $35 yesterday. It's gone up to $40.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

cdkeys.com has the steam version at a discount. not as deep as yesterday's but it's $40 as of this moment.

i've heard some key resellers are shady and have issues with keys getting revoked due to fraud and whatnot, but i've bought a few things from cdkeys and never had any issues. i bought steam keys from them for SF5 (thank god for the half price deal on that one, lol), dark souls 3 and a couple others and everything's worked flawlessly for me.

BG Level

The site that I bought it from:

http://www.gamingdragons.com/en/game...steam-key.html

I've bought several games from them, no issues.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

While all key resellers are pretty much by definition shady, I've never had an issue with anything I've purchased thru cdkeys.

BG Level

Yeah, I've used cdkeys before. Thanks for the reminder!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The numbered games are trying to go back to 1-3 like with puzzles and general creepiness. Revelations is taking the action of 6 and multiplayer and having some original RE stuff, but mostly run and gun.

BG Level

This game is pretty well optimized. Rocking a 7970 (somewhat old card), and I'm on high to ultra settings, smooth as butter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast