+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Beat the game. Overall I thought it was really good. It definitely lived up to the hype.

Only thing I could really complain about is the lack of enemy types, and that normal is a bit too easy. I think I ended the game with like 20+ health items unused and tons of ammo.

I'm running through the game a second time on normal just to get the other ending and then I'll try Madhouse mode, which I hear is pretty fucking hard.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

How many hours did you end the game with?

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I watched a streamer beat it in one day. ~7-9 hours, I think

My final time was just under 10 hours. I spent a lot of time searching every room, though.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Everything I've read and seen so far have nothing but praise for the VR mode. Interesting.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Everything I've read and seen so far have nothing but praise for the VR mode. Interesting.
    Watching max play it in vr has been crazy.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Watching max play it in vr has been crazy.
    Yeah, he just finished it. In VR it's like another experience.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Was watching Max's playthrough also. Lot of story elements I would love to see expanded upon. It leaves a lot of questions. I'm hoping the 2 DLC will flesh the story out enough.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Bought VR just for this, and then bought a Pro just for the VR jaggies. This fucking game cost me almost a grand lol

Worth though, VR is something else when done right.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PC/PS4/XB1)

Near the end. At about 10 hours. Normal mode is still a challenge and the scares are real. Lol.

Story line, atmosphere, music and fighting is great. As usual, shotty owns all. More monsters would be great but a minor thing.

Like the guy said, if you enjoy RE 4-6, 7 maybe a disappointment. If you're one of those people, and hated or never played 1-3, I hate you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

4 is my favorite if the series but I still like 1~3. So far this game reminds me more of Amnesia or Outlast, but I guess that's what a modern version of 1~3 would look like.

if a big game like this doing well convinces the idiots in Triple A gaming that Survival Horror is still a hot genre, so be it.

It does seem more like an Amnesia or Outlast game, that's my issue with it. It doesn't seem very Resident Evil at all but it still looks like a good horror game. I miss the cheesey lines, silly story and awesome characters/monsters.

What if you like RE1-3 and 4-6? They're all fun for different reasons, but this game feels more like a test than an actual game. I think I'd probably only fuck with this in VR, otherwise the experience just seems silly.

It felt very much like an RE game to me. Not once did I think I was playing anything but RE. Sure, it's a horror game and it's in first person, but that's where the similarities ended for me.

Outlast/Amnesia are a whole different feeling since you're really just running away and hiding the whole time. Don't get me wrong, I love Outlast/those types of games (Amnesia I thought was a little lame), but being able to kill shit is a different experience and I can't wait for more.

Also, holy shit at Madness mode. Enemies move 1.5/2x faster, so running away from Jack to make some space and shoot only for him to already be in your face is crazy.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    It does seem more like an Amnesia or Outlast game, that's my issue with it. It doesn't seem very Resident Evil at all but it still looks like a good horror game. I miss the cheesey lines, silly story and awesome characters/monsters.

What if you like RE1-3 and 4-6? They're all fun for different reasons, but this game feels more like a test than an actual game. I think I'd probably only fuck with this in VR, otherwise the experience just seems silly.
    The more I read about this the more I feel inclined to agree with Elcura, for once. It feels like a JJ Abrams reboot of RE. It brings you the nostalgia of the first three games while giving you something a little newer and different (FPS) and with numerous references to the other games.

I mean, it doesn't mean it's not a good game. It doesn't mean it's not Resident Evil. But is it a good Resident Evil game? If you took the name away, would you still like it?

I dunno. Without playing it, I guess I can see it from that perspective. I don't want to give away too much, but I mean you're in a house with puzzles and doors that require specific keys with different "emblems" to let you know which doors it works on. Limited ammo/health. You eventually find your way into other "RE like" locations, and then there are the files located throughout the game as well. There's still a "science-y" reason behind everything. If that's not classic RE, I dunno wtf then.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Zombies. Virus. Puzzles. Cheesy B movie feel.

BG Level

so just keeping score but everyone that's played it really liked it and people that haven't are still complaining about it yeah

Sounds about right, AG.

You could even say the lack of enemy types is classic RE lol, but that's probably more cause of laziness.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast