+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Complaining that it doesn't look or feel like a Resident Evil game? Yes.

Complaining that it looks like a fun horror game? No.

Scoring is really easy guys.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Does it just not seem RE cuz the last iterations we've had had things that we automatically identify as RE?

Would it be more RE if they had I dono. Jill making a phone call to someone at the beginning of the game and maybe something more sprinkled throughout?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

My issue with this game is it came at a time of Indie Horror games capitalizing on many similar elements with I guess Outlast/Amnesia being one of the more complete games that came out since many indie horror games are usually just like a 20-30 minute jumpscare A-B type game or "escape the hallway" type of game and it ends. So this being an actual game using the same elements is refreshing.

It's a good game, it definitely feels like a resident evil game (get an item later go back damn near to the beginning to solve a fucking puzzle/open a door) but I guess just the timing is kind of weird for this particular style after the flood of shitty indie horror games that's done similar. I like it though, I just...wish I could sit in on the meeting where they were like:

"Okay, we have herbs like usual, lets add in a pseudo crafting system."
    "How will players heal in this game?"
    "By washing their hands with jesus juice."
    "What if they get dismembered?"
    "The jesus juice will repair severed limbs."

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Spoiler: show
    My guess is mr main char is probably "infected" with the same shit that causes grandpa to be basically immortal, the jesus juice just speeds it up.

Could be wrong, but even if I am, I'm not exactly interested in the realism of healing items in video games, especially in a series where mashing herbs together heals chainsaws to the neck.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Yeah, I don't mind realism or completely out there, it's just the most...odd choice I've seen in terms of healing in a survival horror lol.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Yeah, I don't mind realism or completely out there, it's just the most...odd choice I've seen in terms of healing in a survival horror lol.
    Well, in that case, I will admit watching him splash jesus juice on his foot to reconnect it certainly caught me off guard.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm on the fence for picking up this game, but:
    Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    I watched a streamer beat it in one day. ~7-9 hours, I think
    Quote Originally Posted by KuroTsuki View Post
    My final time was just under 10 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    Near the end. At about 10 hours.

Thats ridiculously short, I cant justify spending 70 bucks on a game that people are beating in 10 hours. Is there replay value or anything?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    I'm on the fence for picking up this game, but:

Thats ridiculously short, I cant justify spending 70 bucks on a game that people are beating in 10 hours. Is there replay value or anything?
    Probably not... a horror game is much less spooky the second playthrough since you know all the spoopy spots. I mean there are harder difficulties?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Dunno about this one, but most RE games actually had some good replayability

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Well Resident Evil 5 is probably just behind Portal in terms of number of times replayed, so.

Also $60 for 10 hours is an absolutely reasonable price if the 10 hours are good.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Hm, honestly I'd say it's worth it. I kind of found the main difficulties (normal/madhouse) a sort of "Side A/Side B" kind of deal but more in the sense there's obvious differences. It's definitely worth at least 2 playthroughs.

Yeah, it has about the same amount of replayabilty as other REs. Lots of unlockables for beating the game on Madhouse mode and under 4 hours. Slightly different endings.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Keep in mind there's a difficulty change after you beat it on normal and the replayability seems pretty good.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I will say my favorite part was
    pretty close to the beginning when Mia stabs you with the screwdriver and screams "IT FUCKING HURT"

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    I will say my favorite part was
    pretty close to the beginning when Mia stabs you with the screwdriver and screams "IT FUCKING HURT"
    And I said to myself if it ever came down to me choosing to save you later or some other chick I'm sorry to say Mia...and look at that, you get a choice and I kept my word lol.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

curious who everyone picked,. Zoe for me. Mia seemed annoying and that ascent on Zoe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

curious who everyone picked,. Zoe for me. Mia seemed annoying and that ascent on Zoe.

Zoe, because aside the farmer's daughter accent, I simply can't forgive a chick who chops off my hand and tries to murder me lol, no matter how cute she may be..some times. Plus zoe reminded me of Ada.

Mia was my choice for the first playthrough. No reason in particular. Was definitely glad I did after playing her portion of the game. Made her a little cooler in my book.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Beat it. Had 10 hours on it. Enjoyed most of it. Was legit scared a bunch of times through the game. Gets a bit more actiony with plenty of ammo/herbs near the end. Can we talk about the ending a minute?
    I chose Zoe, just like the other dude. If I had a choice, this girl stabbed me with a screwdriver and cut my hand off. I didn't really hesitate in giving it to Zoe. Oh well. I'll go beat it again.

Anyway, regarding the ending. So uh.. that was "redfield" and he was clearly working with Umbrella. Should RE continue in the future, which I'm sure it will, I wonder how this came to be?