+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    Spoiler: show
    Anyway, regarding the ending. So uh.. that was "redfield" and he was clearly working with Umbrella. Should RE continue in the future, which I'm sure it will, I wonder how this came to be?
    Yeah, I was confused about that too. It's a different umbrella logo, but still umbrella.

There are some theories out there that it's actually Hunk pretending to be Chris to set him up later. Or, the whole clone shit that was done with Ada in RE6.

Hopefully the DLC with him answers what's going on.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I'm going to assume there isn't any kind of Mercenaries in this for obvious reasons, but for me that was the main chunk of my RE6 "replayability".

There will be a similar mode in the next update called Nightmare. It's a horde mode where they send waves of enemies at you with a couple of the bosses mixed in. Unfortunately, it's part of a paid DLC.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Took about 10 hours for me.

The last boss was so easy...probably the most difficult boss was the 3rd.

I ended up choosing Mia. The whole experience on the ship was pretty awesome.
    Now to play through the game and see what happens if I choose Zoe!

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

And the final. His stream was amazing to watch when he did this live.

Finished this over the weekend and my thoughts pretty much remain the same overall. Fun horror game, fanservicey/hollow RE experience. There are RE stuff in it, but like someone said previously it feels like a JJ Abrams reboot rather than a continuation. I probably would've liked it more if it was a reboot, that might have helped the plot a little.

Game is decently fun but the controls are pretty awful. I say this since RE4-6 actually made some effort to make the controls good but we've taken several steps backward here. However, I just don't like this style of horror game so that colours the experience more. Probably feels best on PC with a decent mouse...I'll have to try that when it goes on sale.

Story is pretty balls though, I've come to expect that from RE but at least the previous ones had charm. I liked the enemy/concept and it feels like an evolution for RE in terms of story but when everything else seems to take a step back I dunno. Ethan is literally the worst RE protagonist ever though, but maybe he's so numb to pain that he just doesn't give a shit about emotions anymore. I liked the twist
    with Mia actually being kind of a secret agent and probably the most RE character in the fucking game, WHERE WAS MORE OF THAT SHIT?!
    but there is some stupid logic stuff that happens for the sake of story. I mean previous RE's did this but when this one is apparently taking itself more seriously then it falls flat.

I feel like the game should've ended with
    Jack's final form
    since he was the best and most fun thing about this game. Kind of a disappointing way to handle the main threat.

I'll keep my thoughts on the story light though since there is DLC that could clear up some shit (and it better). Overall it was enjoyable and I don't regret playing it, but I probably still won't buy it until it gets a bit cheaper.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

See I thought the exact opposite, I feel like Capcom realized they had to break away from the mainline story and start fresh. It had just enough nods to the originals to tie in, while taking the first few steps to break away.

Also I'm thinking that you missed

Ethan was an agent as well. He was one of the scientists "killed" by Wesker in 5. Hence, him not being nearly as surprised by the events going on throughout the game as a civilian would be; such as Clancy in the side missions. Plus, when the Umbrella team comes down in the end, note he says "took you guys long enough" not "who the hell are you".

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Ethan was an agent as well. He was one of the scientists "killed" by Wesker in 5. Hence, him not being nearly as surprised by the events going on throughout the game as a civilian would be; such as Clancy in the side missions. Plus, when the Umbrella team comes down in the end, note he says "took you guys long enough" not "who the hell are you".
    Most likely (was it in a text file? I missed some of those but I haven't found anywhere online to read them without going through the game), but that still wasn't hinted at by any of his dialogue which wasn't great. Also that makes most of his interactions with Mia weird. But also it probably could've been way more interesting if they were both double agents lying to each other... no wait that's already a movie oops.

And mostly it's things like seeing your missing wife for the first time in 3 years after assuming she was dead and they both had the mildest reaction I've ever seen. Knowing your wife is infected and a monster but his reaction was like "wtf???" I mean being an agent doesn't mean you're emotions/reactions are dull as fuck. Then his wife is kidnapped again and when he sees he getting taken away he's so casual about it I actually laughed. I feel like Jack was the only person who had the appropriate emotions and reactions. God Jack is great, the rest in comparison are so fucking weak and dull. If they wanted to sell it as a surprise or twist that would've been cool but whatever, and that's without delving into the scientist thing which wouldn't really make you a competent field agent but I can easily accept that since it's RE so it probably doesn't mean anything.

Him being an agent does explain why he's so cool about getting his arms and legs cut off, but that reasoning still makes me laugh.

Actually there's something I was wondering was in the game as a text file explanation for:

Why Mia was still being controlled by Eveline after she was given the serum, since when Zoe takes it she basically dies immediately because of Eveline, but Mia is able to resist? Just feels like a cop out to not see/play Zoe's experience in the house as she got infected. It would've been cool to see the tanker crash and shit get crazy but they fucked it up.

Stuff with the cop was obvious troll bait I can't get mad at that since I'm supposed to. Just sucks it had to be there. The story just seems to lack passion and just feels empty after a while, also feels incomplete but I think that's AAA stories for now.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

I agree about the 3 year thing. I guess I just have a lower internal bar for their storytelling after the last few releases. It's no excuse for mediocrity or anything, but I took the game in a more "B-movie" style ride. I mean, c'mon, those goop monsters are totally B-movie material, lol.

For your 2nd point, I took it as Evaline wanted Zoe dead, whereas she still had a use for Mia. Zoe didn't die from the serum, or else she would've calcified immediately like Jack did. When Zoe got close to the tanker Evaine offed her.

Jack was amazing, and the best part of the game. I LOVED the hallucination between Jack and Ethan, where Jack begs him to save his family. It really humanized Jack and made me sympathize with him.

I wouldn't mind another RE1-style, 3rd person zombie fest, but I worry that would get stale. This was a nice departure for me.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    I wouldn't mind another RE1-style, 3rd person zombie fest, but I worry that would get stale. This was a nice departure for me.
    I would love that again... I can't wait until the RE2 remake, I really disliked this game. It wasn't for me at all and didn't feel RE at all. The game is okay if it was named something else but I expected much more.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Not a Hero out today! Completely forgot about it. About to play it in a bit.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Ah man, wish I didn’t see this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh