Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PC/PS4/XB1/NSW)

January 24, 2017
    Horror fans all have one thing in common: We live to be terrified. Capcom has heard fans’ masochistic cries for a Resident Evil game far more terrifying than anything that has come before it. Resident Evil 7 biohazard is the harrowing homecoming you’ve been waiting for, and it’s coming to PS4 (with the full gameplay experience also available via the included PlayStation VR Mode), Xbox One, and Windows PC (Steam and Windows 10 Store).

Capcom announced Resident Evil 7 biohazard, the next major entry in the famed Resident Evil series, today during Sony’s press conference at E3 2016 in Los Angeles, California. While Resident Evil 7 draws from the series’ roots of atmospheric survival horror, it also delivers a whole new level of terror. In the classic Resident Evil games of yesteryear, players braced for fear in the first-person via the creepy door-opening scenes, and Resident Evil 7 ramps up that tension with an immersive first-person view and a photorealistic graphical style.

Capcom is able to achieve a shocking degree of visual fidelity thanks to the new proprietary in-house RE Engine that includes VR oriented tools. Last year’s “KITCHEN” tech demo for PlayStation VR was in fact built on this new engine as well. With the RE Engine plus industry leading audio and visual technologies, you experience every abhorrent detail up close and personal in Resident Evil 7. Playing the game in the PlayStation VR Mode escalates the unsettling feeling of presence to a level that horror fans have never experienced. That’s right, the full gameplay experience is available in the included PlayStation VR Mode from beginning to end. No Resident Evil you’ve ever survived could prepare you for this.

Of course, a horror story is only as frightening as its setting, and Resident Evil 7 pays tribute to the franchise’s origins on this front as well. Resident Evil 7 is set after the events of Resident Evil 6, taking place in modern day and revolving around a foreboding, derelict plantation mansion in rural America. Players must explore and survive the horrors within the mysterious, sprawling estate.

Courageous PS4 owners can get a taste of this exciting new chapter of the Resident Evil series by downloading the “Resident Evil 7 Teaser: Beginning Hour” demo. This free demo of Resident Evil 7 is available exclusively to all PlayStation Plus subscribers at this time, and offers a sense of the intense and terrifying experience awaiting you. We don’t want to spoil your time playing Beginning Hour by offering too many details, so start your download now and prepare to face your fears.

Pre-orders for North America via the PlayStation Store are available starting today and come with the exclusive Resident Evil 7 dynamic PS4 theme. True survivalists who pre-order the Standard or Digital Deluxe version of Resident Evil 7 will receive the Survival Pack, which includes an early unlock to the hardest difficulty mode as well as a special item set when the game releases. Pre-orders for Xbox One and PC will be available soon.
    http://www.capcom-unity.com/timturi/...ew-era-of-fear

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Fuck yes this looks amazing.

EDIT: Actual working video

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Demo coming out tonight for PSN+ members!

Links:

EU: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...70000000DEMO01
    AU: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...70000000DEMO01

US Coming soon.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I wonder if the FPP is only for the demo O.o

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

The press release seems to think otherwise.

"Resident Evil 7 ramps up that tension with an immersive first-person view and a photorealistic graphical style."

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

The press release seems to think otherwise.

"Resident Evil 7 ramps up that tension with an immersive first-person view and a photorealistic graphical style."

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, that'd be an interesting change for the franchise

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is the Japanese game going to be called "Biohazard 7: Resident Evil?". Or is Biohazard now called Resident Evil worldwide and my joke is super outdated?

Anyway... Jokes aside, I'm interested to see where this goes after the "failure" of 6. Taking it to first person seems pretty drastic a change for the series, I really hope they don't try to jump on a First-person horror bandwagon because they'll likely screw it up. But hey, optimistic, loved the franchise up to 4.

Edit: Oh wait, VR? Well... well.... I wonder how they'll handle movement. All VR games I've seen so far have a teleporting mechanic cause you can't walk in VR. But I'm out of touch with VR really so idk. Looks interesting.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

6 sure as hell wasn't a RE game and I don't feel any different from watching people stream the demo. I'll wait till they release more info....probably at TGS.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Is the Japanese game going to be called "Biohazard 7: Resident Evil?". Or is Biohazard now called Resident Evil worldwide and my joke is super outdated?

Anyway... Jokes aside, I'm interested to see where this goes after the "failure" of 6. Taking it to first person seems pretty drastic a change for the series, I really hope they don't try to jump on a First-person horror bandwagon because they'll likely screw it up. But hey, optimistic, loved the franchise up to 4.

Edit: Oh wait, VR? Well... well.... I wonder how they'll handle movement. All VR games I've seen so far have a teleporting mechanic cause you can't walk in VR. But I'm out of touch with VR really so idk. Looks interesting.
    It's actually called Biohazard 7: Resident Evil in Japan lol.
    Anyway I'm not feeling this, the demo has nothing to do with Resident Evil as a series from what I've read and the game is coming out in less than a year. I wanted a return to horror but not like this, RE is not Outlast.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Above 2 posts: hahaha I came just to ask the same thing, and was surprised to see the names switched around (it seemed like a cheap insta-fix)

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So... thoughts on the demo? It was up just as I was leaving for work, so I downloaded it, but won't be able to get into it til tonight when I get home from the second job.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    So... thoughts on the demo? It was up just as I was leaving for work, so I downloaded it, but won't be able to get into it til tonight when I get home from the second job.
    Watched Carcinogen (RE speedrunner) play it last night and it seems more like SH then it does RE, however it doesn't seem like much other then a PT like the SH game was so I don't think it'll be too representative of the final version, hopefully we'll see more info soon considering its not that far away from release.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Can only add to wish list?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

6 was okay but it wasn't RE to me. I hope this is similar to its roots, it kinda gives a Silent Hill feel though which isn't bad.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I want to punch a rock in VR.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    Extremely short and has no connections to anything RE. It's more of a tech demo than anything IMO. Plays like a first person Silent Hill, find x to unlock y to get to z, and jump scares/creepy shit abound. In the menu options there is an option for aim assist though so I assume gun play will come into play at some point.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That one picture you pick up has a chopper with an umbrella logo on it but that's all I could find.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    and jump scares/creepy shit abound.
    Really? I only did 1 playthrough before I went to bed, but I don't think I had a single jump scare. One mannequin fell over on the way out at the very end, that was the only movement I saw the whole time. It was all atmospheric tension besides that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast