+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This game alongside Uncharted 4 and God of War make me happy some devs have finally figured out a means of AA on consoles that doesn't have any obvious detrimental side-effects like blurring the fuck out of details, stippling, or missing the aliasing on specular shimmering (edge-detection algos miss it since it's not from a geometrical edge). Games are starting to look like what I was expecting them to look like back when PS4 came out.

That aside, game feels a bit samey to me, granted I went through both Amazing Spider-Man games in the last couple years and this new entry borrows a lot of the side-quest elements from it. Insomniac solved 90% of the camera/mobility issues those two prior games had, which were obsessed with magnetizing Spider-Man to building geometry instead of flowing over parts based on his current movement speed, leading to a lot of odd snapping or inadvertent change of directions when all you wanted to do was continue upwards to the top of a building.

Will say though, christ, the production values in the game are readily apparent, reaching levels of what would have been pre-rendered last generation, being done in realtime instead with smooth gameplay transitions most of the time. Definitely do like the combat more than Arkham since the thugs are extremely aggressive in comparison to that series.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ridill
    BG Level

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Turf Wars DLC Coming November 20th - 5GB
    https://www.dualshockers.com/spider-...-release-date/

E. Body
    BG Level

Just finished the main-story. Liked it. Kinda short, but a good game imo.

Anyone know if the DLC is worth it? Or likely-hood of them going on sale after a long while?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm not touching the DLC...not cause I didnt like the game or anything like that, but I cant get behind day one DLC. I already paid 70 bucks for the game, now you want another 30 for content that was created before the game was even released?

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah I'm probably of the same mindset. I'm happy with the main game, not paying for season pass for bitesize chunks of it. Got plenty of other stuff to play

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Yeah I'm probably of the same mindset. I'm happy with the main game, not paying for season pass for bitesize chunks of it. Got plenty of other stuff to play
    Ditto. Only reason I'd probably even touch the DLC is for the new spider suits.

E. Body
    BG Level

Thanks for the replies.

Yea, $10 each seemed kinda steep. Dunno what's in there, except for the suits. I read like ~2 hrs of play each chapter, first is stealth next is combat. I never bought DLCs except for dragon age series, so dunno what the normal prices are nowadays.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Oh really? Thanks for the great conversation.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Silver Lining DLC coming December 21st

Spoiler: show
    Hey everyone, thank you all for your continued and tremendous support of Marvel’s Spider-Man since its September launch. Since then, we have launched two chapters of Marvel’s Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps, the game’s DLC, shining the spotlight on Black Cat, Hammerhead, and the Maggia. We’re thrilled to announce the series will wrap up on December 21 with the release of Marvel’s Spider-Man: Silver Lining. We loved having Silver Sable in Marvel’s Spider-Man, and we wanted to give players even more time with her.

Silver Sable has stormed back to reclaim her stolen Sable International tech. With New York Police Chief Yuri Watanabe on administrative leave following her exploits against Hammerhead, Spider-Man will have to rely on unlikely allies to keep Marvel’s New York safe.

Marvel’s Spider-Man: Silver Lining features new missions, new and upgraded enemy and crime types, along with upgraded Hammerhead bases and storyline quests. There will also be new trophies, challenges, and three new suits for players to unlock.

We’re also very excited to be partnering with Sony Pictures on the upcoming film Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, in theaters December 14. We are offering a special promotion where users who pre-order the Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse film from PlayStation Store will receive a voucher for Marvel’s Spider-Man: Silver Lining, a dynamic theme, and avatars as their pre-order incentive. As you may have seen at the end of our teaser trailer, we have included Peter Parker’s suit from the movie into our third DLC chapter. Pre-orders for the movie officially start tomorrow and then you’ll be able to unlock and swing around in the film’s version of Peter Parker’s suit once Marvel’s Spider-Man: Silver Lining launches on December 21!

It was a real pleasure working in partnership with Sony Pictures and Marvel to bring this suit to the game — and we can’t wait to see what you do in photo mode with it! You’ll also be able to unlock the Cyborg Spider-Man suit and the Aaron Aikman Spider-Armor.

We also have new art from acclaimed Marvel artist and suit designer Adi Granov. With this, the whole triptych is now complete, with images for all three chapters.

You can pre-order Marvel’s Spider-Man: Silver Lining for $9.99 USD MSRP on PlayStation Store. Of course, if you haven’t tried any of the post-launch content yet, you also can buy the Marvel’s Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps bundle of all three chapters for $24.99 USD MSRP and start playing the first two chapters now. Haven’t played Marvel’s Spider-Man yet? The Digital Deluxe Edition is an especially good value at $79.99 USD MSRP, as it includes the full game and all three chapters of Marvel’s Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Finally got around to buying this. For anyone else who hasn’t yet, it’s current 33% off on the PlayStation store, that includes the digital deluxe edition that has all the DLC.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Raimi suit also added in now. Not sure from crybabies over it or was the plan to add eventually.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Not sure from crybabies over it or was the plan to add eventually.
    It's a AAA game, and it generally takes months for something to get OK'd/licensed and made, so presumably the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    that includes the digital deluxe edition that has all the DLC.
    Always annoys me when the season-pass included version has a sale, but the pass/dlc remain full price during said sale. Just going to keep waiting until the last pack is out and they just bundle them up for cheap.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Finally got around to beating this. Really enjoyed this game....that ending too......

BG Level

That ending (as well as pretty much the entirety of the final mission) is what made this game's story better than the Trilogy/Reboot IMO.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I'm a little surprised they havent made any other Marvel games like this. Avengers, etc.

This was a fantastic game

BG Level

I'm crossing my fingers we'll get a sequel announcement soon.

Spoiler: show
    Seeing Miles VS Venom Spiderman would be epic.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Game was fantastic. Managed to platinum and finish 2 of the DLC's before KH3 came out but now that it is out, the 3rd DLC will have to wait. I did manage to plat DQ11 in time though ._.;

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries