+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Do not read this unless you're PAST the chapter called "Higgs".

Spoiler: show
    Higgs sent me an automated email after his death. MOTHERFUCKER IS PETER ENGLERT ILL KILL HIM MAKING ME A PORTER. Also, that entire fight sequence on the beach is fucking SSS+ tier direction, cinematography, and gameplay. Soooooo reminiscent of the ending of metal gear games, purposefully so imo. Hands down my favorite part of the game.

I'm almost done with the game, saved right at the start of what I assume is the final trek of the game to the boss. The last few chapters really pick up in pace but the "ending" of this game sure does take awhile lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Storywise:

Amelie is still out there, right? I don't know if that's sequel baiting since it sounds like Kojima wanted to move on to other things, but the story didn't feel complete to me. I don't follow exactly how Sam is BB. I mean, I get that he was. But how has he aged to the age he has? Did he just have accelerated aging in Amelie's beach I guess? Or maybe that long has passed, and BB simply time traveled to the present, bridging the two. The characters that were present in BB's memories didn't feel like they were 25~ years younger though.

I also didn't catch why Cliff had Amelie's makeshift BBs, nor why he was so well connected to the soldiers in his beach. I guess that just symbolized that he was a great captain as Die-Hardman let on?

Beyond those bits, I enjoyed the story overall. Dunky poked fun at this, but I really do wish the mid game had a bit more story threads instead of it being front and back loaded so much. I didn't like Sam's super silent protagonist take early on. Specifically, his interactions with Fragile and Higgs felt very awkward for the first 4 or 5 episodes.

Answer may be spoilery for some, but is there any specific post game content?

Yeah she is still "out" there I guess but I don't think it's exactly clear what that means. And Sam isn't BB (that you use in the game, since that's a girl) but he was the original "BB" that all others were based on.

The cutscene with Cliff shows that Sam died as a BB but Amelia brought him back when she found him on the beach (since I assume he was already somewhat connected due to being a BB) and after bringing back his soul the body was revived and he became a repatriate raised by Bridget. So he grows up and the BB project continues regardless, using BB as the base of the chiral network.

And I don't think Cliff specifically used the fake BBs (that was supposed to be Higgs and creW), but I couldn't tell you why they were there. There's also a thing where if you die in the 1st like...5 minutes of the game when you revive you see a BB doll (and there's another BB doll that shows up later on I think) so it might be more symbolic in those situations?

And yeah I agree with that, there were a few cutscenes between the beginning and end but most of it was done via hologram and codecs, which isn't necessarily bad coming from MGS where similar things happened, but I would've hoped for more visual storytelling since what we did get was done so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Do not read this unless you're PAST the chapter called "Higgs".

Higgs sent me an automated email after his death. MOTHERFUCKER IS PETER ENGLERT ILL KILL HIM MAKING ME A PORTER. Also, that entire fight sequence on the beach is fucking SSS+ tier direction, cinematography, and gameplay. Soooooo reminiscent of the ending of metal gear games, purposefully so imo. Hands down my favorite part of the game.

I'm almost done with the game, saved right at the start of what I assume is the final trek of the game to the boss. The last few chapters really pick up in pace but the "ending" of this game sure does take awhile lol.

Lol, the Peter = Higgs thing just made me like Higgs even more.

Do actually finish the quest, it's worth it.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

lol

If you didn't spend days fuming because it seems like Peter Englert is just screwing with you, did you even really play the game?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Just beat the game. I'll have to write more later, but wow I cant believe how satifying that ending was.

Deadman was right. You shouldnt be seeing BBs memories when you linked. You were watching your own. Fuck man fuck. The cutscenes were bomb as fuck, what acting!

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

73hrs totals 16.31tons delivered lol. I must have been reading the save data wrong, I thought I had more playtime

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

That final scene with Diehardman means so much more knowing he knows about Sam.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Overall story spoilers and things I don't get.

If Bridgette and Amelie were the same entity, but split ha and ka, then what was all the exposition about Amelie being in the hospital until her teens, then she went to the beach permanently in her 20s? When that was revealed that they're pretty much different sides of the same coin, that whole bit confused me.

There's a lot of interviews and such addressing Timefall, but I don't understand the cause. Is it just Amelie speeding the world up towards it's last extinction event?

BTs specifically, I'm not sure on how they came about. I've seen some saying they began when Amelie brought Sam back as it went against the natural order of things, but Bridges was already a thing when baby Sam was shot, and the first void out in Manhattan had already occured about a year ago. If Sam's revival brought BTs, then what caused the void out the year prior?

Was it Amelie that performed the void out at Central Knot at the beginning of the game? It was the same type of BT, though you couldn't make her out as being attached to it. She did mention to Sam towards the end that she had snuck out to come and see him. I didn't quite catch the meaning, but after seeing her BT form, I connected the two.

The chiral network and knots are built off the back of BBs. However, Mama and Lockne developed the Q-pid, the means to connect them all. Maybe I'm thinking on this too much, but without them, they couldn't be connected. Making the chiral network without them and no other means to connect seems foolish. From what was said about the Q-Pid, it was only completed within the past year~ of the start of the game, and the previous expedition was sent out three years prior. Yet, baby Sam was going to be used for a the first BB or as knot decades prior. The time frames just seem awkward.

I forget the cutscene, but it was mentioned that Cliffs wife's last name was Strand, but it wasn't explored further. Was she related to Bridgette?

Repatriates are made a pretty big deal of, but it's insinuated that there are multiple out there. If only Amelie can give that power to you, then how do others have it? Sam has DOOMs (still never learned what that even means), but it's very weak. How are others, other than Higgs, even stronger than him with his proximity and connection to Amelie? Fragile would be a solid example, but based on the grading system mentioned early in the game, it's assumed there are people all along the spectrum.

After looking into it, I'm still confused why Cliff was always accompanied by Amelie's doll BBs, nor any reason why he was able to control BT soldiers.

The previous extinction events threw me off. Heartman made it clear that BTs, Beaches, and the Death Stranding only affected humans, yet those previous ones seemingly affected dinosaurs, mammoths, ammonites, etc, resulting in ambilical cords being created. I guess you're to take away that the stranding can target a group and they'll adapt to having a Beach?

Deadman ended up being my favorite side character. Even though he said he lacked a soul and much humanity due to being 70% made from cadavers, he had a really good personality that came out well. The shower scene was awkward, but it all made sense after lol. I really wish they had dived into him a bit more. Everyone had a past that wasn't delved into. You could have located his creation lab or something and learned a lot.

I liked Die-Hardman too, but only towards the end. Prior to that, he was just your CO chiming in telling you what to do. I liked Higgs, but I didn't feel his last fight was earned. He didn't cause THAT much trouble for you. It wasn't until you completed the pizza deliveries that you really got more info on him, completing the picture. Had more of that been revealed through dialogue, I think I would of cared more about him as a villain.

Maybe kind of spoilerish combat detail.

Killing people does indeed force you to take their corpses to an incinerator. You get no rewards for doing so. If they go necro, it's game over, at least according to online. I killed people, but didn't have a time frame of how long it took to go necro to see what happened, so I loaded em up and took them. Lou also goes apeshit if you kill someone. I killed like 10 or so, a whole MULE camp, and by number 4 or 5, she was at 0% and not coming out. Neat note, you apparently carry an unlimited supply of body bags. I was always curious where they came from when you took Mama and the Chiral Artist' daughter. If you drive a vehicle with the bodies loaded up into a distro center, you get red alarm lights and you're unable to use your private room. I didn't try taking them to a BT area to see what would happen.

The more I think on it all, I think I'm definitely more in the positive camp. I enjoyed the game for what it was. I'll still have memories of annoyance or frustration where you scaled some massive mountain, only to trip on some random tiny rock or vehicle that someone left, or trying to shoot your weapon, only to pick up that box next to you, or arriving at a prepper entrance, only for there to be 2-4 vehicles in your way, or pulling up with a load of stuff to deliver, but being a hair away from the terminal, so I couldn't turn stuff in, or falling off of your zipline at a junction because the BT scene loaded, or trying to balance yourself with a PCC in hand, only to build whatever random thing you were on. Things like that grated me, but they didn't ruin the experience.

That said, now that it's over, I don't really see much reason to continue. The only thing I have left to do is get every memory chip and legend status every shipment. I haven't found anything online concerning new content unlocked at endgame, beyond some memory chips spawning. I feel like there may be other odds and ends available, like interviews or mail that may reveal more about the story. Not sure if I'll go through all that though. Well worth the 100+ hours I put in.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Overall story spoilers and things I don't get.

If Bridgette and Amelie were the same entity, but split ha and ka, then what was all the exposition about Amelie being in the hospital until her teens, then she went to the beach permanently in her 20s? When that was revealed that they're pretty much different sides of the same coin, that whole bit confused me.

There's a lot of interviews and such addressing Timefall, but I don't understand the cause. Is it just Amelie speeding the world up towards it's last extinction event?

BTs specifically, I'm not sure on how they came about. I've seen some saying they began when Amelie brought Sam back as it went against the natural order of things, but Bridges was already a thing when baby Sam was shot, and the first void out in Manhattan had already occured about a year ago. If Sam's revival brought BTs, then what caused the void out the year prior?

Was it Amelie that performed the void out at Central Knot at the beginning of the game? It was the same type of BT, though you couldn't make her out as being attached to it. She did mention to Sam towards the end that she had snuck out to come and see him. I didn't quite catch the meaning, but after seeing her BT form, I connected the two.

The chiral network and knots are built off the back of BBs. However, Mama and Lockne developed the Q-pid, the means to connect them all. Maybe I'm thinking on this too much, but without them, they couldn't be connected. Making the chiral network without them and no other means to connect seems foolish. From what was said about the Q-Pid, it was only completed within the past year~ of the start of the game, and the previous expedition was sent out three years prior. Yet, baby Sam was going to be used for a the first BB or as knot decades prior. The time frames just seem awkward.

I forget the cutscene, but it was mentioned that Cliffs wife's last name was Strand, but it wasn't explored further. Was she related to Bridgette?

Repatriates are made a pretty big deal of, but it's insinuated that there are multiple out there. If only Amelie can give that power to you, then how do others have it? Sam has DOOMs (still never learned what that even means), but it's very weak. How are others, other than Higgs, even stronger than him with his proximity and connection to Amelie? Fragile would be a solid example, but based on the grading system mentioned early in the game, it's assumed there are people all along the spectrum.

After looking into it, I'm still confused why Cliff was always accompanied by Amelie's doll BBs, nor any reason why he was able to control BT soldiers.

The previous extinction events threw me off. Heartman made it clear that BTs, Beaches, and the Death Stranding only affected humans, yet those previous ones seemingly affected dinosaurs, mammoths, ammonites, etc, resulting in ambilical cords being created. I guess you're to take away that the stranding can target a group and they'll adapt to having a Beach?

Deadman ended up being my favorite side character. Even though he said he lacked a soul and much humanity due to being 70% made from cadavers, he had a really good personality that came out well. The shower scene was awkward, but it all made sense after lol. I really wish they had dived into him a bit more. Everyone had a past that wasn't delved into. You could have located his creation lab or something and learned a lot.

I liked Die-Hardman too, but only towards the end. Prior to that, he was just your CO chiming in telling you what to do. I liked Higgs, but I didn't feel his last fight was earned. He didn't cause THAT much trouble for you. It wasn't until you completed the pizza deliveries that you really got more info on him, completing the picture. Had more of that been revealed through dialogue, I think I would of cared more about him as a villain.

Maybe kind of spoilerish combat detail.

Killing people does indeed force you to take their corpses to an incinerator. You get no rewards for doing so. If they go necro, it's game over, at least according to online. I killed people, but didn't have a time frame of how long it took to go necro to see what happened, so I loaded em up and took them. Lou also goes apeshit if you kill someone. I killed like 10 or so, a whole MULE camp, and by number 4 or 5, she was at 0% and not coming out. Neat note, you apparently carry an unlimited supply of body bags. I was always curious where they came from when you took Mama and the Chiral Artist' daughter. If you drive a vehicle with the bodies loaded up into a distro center, you get red alarm lights and you're unable to use your private room. I didn't try taking them to a BT area to see what would happen.

The more I think on it all, I think I'm definitely more in the positive camp. I enjoyed the game for what it was. I'll still have memories of annoyance or frustration where you scaled some massive mountain, only to trip on some random tiny rock or vehicle that someone left, or trying to shoot your weapon, only to pick up that box next to you, or arriving at a prepper entrance, only for there to be 2-4 vehicles in your way, or pulling up with a load of stuff to deliver, but being a hair away from the terminal, so I couldn't turn stuff in, or falling off of your zipline at a junction because the BT scene loaded, or trying to balance yourself with a PCC in hand, only to build whatever random thing you were on. Things like that grated me, but they didn't ruin the experience.

That said, now that it's over, I don't really see much reason to continue. The only thing I have left to do is get every memory chip and legend status every shipment. I haven't found anything online concerning new content unlocked at endgame, beyond some memory chips spawning. I feel like there may be other odds and ends available, like interviews or mail that may reveal more about the story. Not sure if I'll go through all that though. Well worth the 100+ hours I put in.
    There's a lot here so I'll just go down the list. This entire post is a story spoiler:

Bridgette Strand was first, as a normal EE like the EEs of the past 5 extinctions with the undying umbilical cord. They did some experiments in her 20s that ended up spliting her Ha and Ka, and stranded Amelie on the beach while Bridgette went on. At this point she/they knew what was up, and decided to speed up the end of times. At this point it's pretty important to realize that Amelie/Bridgette aren't people, they're literally the manifestation of the end of times.

Timefall is just a weather phenomena related to the increased Chiral density and yada yada yada. It's just an unfortunate side effect on Strand expediting the end of days. It's a gameplay mechanic given a canon reason lol.

BTs you think are more important, but at the end of the day they're just literally ghosts who have not moved on. Prior to the Death Stranding, people just moved on from their beach to the afterlife, but after Strand started testing and building the BBs, some BTs, people who couldn't move on because of their strong connection holding them to the world, started coming through. This is what caused the first void out in Manhatten. Following that, she continued her experiments and eventually BTs started killing and creating more BTs which started making void outs happen more often, then add timefall and after a little short than a decade later we're at the start of this game.

The chiral network as we know it was developed by Mama/Locke yes, but the OG network was different. The duo just improved it and allowed it to do all the amazing things we use in the game. Apparently BBs are the backbone of the network, so I'm assuming every waystation we've connected has a BB of it's own acting as a modem into the chiral network lol. Makes sense, since we delivered a BB to Edge Knot City to get it hooked up.

Cliff's wife last name was Lisa Bridges. That was the jaw dropping moment of the finale. Them slowly walking you through all those cutscenes and then Cliff drops her name and thats when it all came together. My gf wasn't following along the entire game, but she started watching the finale with me and even she was like OH SHIT haha. "They said your name was Sam Porter, but youre Sam Bridges"; it puts into context all the times Sam was caught by the chiral hurricane and Cliff would hug him and send him back.

DOOMs is the new autism spectrum lmao. Sam was just the first one, but unless theirs data notes in the game they didnt expand on it anymore than fragile did in the opening cutscene. It's related to Chirilium in the body and how you adjust. It's basically the new type of radiation, and the suffers are the new types of X-Men. Normally the stuff is fatal, but those who survive become DOOMs sufferers. They don't focus on this enough in cutscenes, but the Chirilium can also affect your mental state and drive you crazy, like Higgs. That's why he cried tar, he was completely infected and turned by the Chirilium in him, which is also why he was probably the strongest DOOMs person around.

Amelies doll was her "memento" that allowed people to be connected to her so she could teleport them. The same thing as Sam's dreamcatcher and Amelies quipu. Cliff had them because that's how Amelie stayed connected with him and controlled him. Cliff kept sending Sam back, and Amelie kept bringing Cliff back.

Heartman originally made that clear, that humans only have beaches, but later on he realized Beaches are just personal manifestations and others can have them too. Don't forget, the only reason people stranded on beaches is because of Amelies experiments with the network. Normally everything and everyone just passes through on their way to the otherside. This situation hasn't repeated itself 6 times, it's just that this time the process was going about in a way to make it the final extinction.

Deadman was great. That shower scene was so fucking awkward until you realize what's going on lol. My only regret is a lot of his exposition comes in codex form and I get it cause canonically he isn't as interesting as other characters. The dude is strictly support.

Diehardman started off as my least liked, and throughout the entire finale he just became more and more sympathetic. God damn man once you realize he knew this whole damn time who Sam was, and he went along with it anyways for the people and America he loves, knowing full well he is the last person alive responsible for the Death Stranding ughhhh. His speech after becoming President, where he goes to thank the unnamed person who brought them together mean so much fucking more. And then confronting him in the hallway and letting it all out? Fuckkkkk

The Higgs shit doesn't feel earned while you're doing it, but fuck if that ENTIRE CHAPTER IS THE BEST THING IN THIS GAME. Between the CQC fighting, the fucking boxing in the tar, the music going in the backround, HNGGHHH. It blew my fucking mind to realize he combined the final boss encounters for MGS3 and MGS4 when he did this, making the sneaking CQC fight to slow him down like MGS3, and then the health bar popping up boxing match like MGS4. SOOOO good. You become sympathetic to him as you read his journal entries, but yeah they feel less weighty cause by the time you learn about Higgs he's already been stranded for lord knows how long lol.

Your combat spoiler is very spoilery.

This is up there as one of my favorite sci-fi plots, even if it's not as dense as say Mass Effect. The universe he created is pretty darn interesting and the way he revealed it all was clearly cinema quality. You're right though, replayability is pretty eh, just like all his games. I don't see myself coming back to this ever, and if I do it'll be many many years down the road. I enjoyed the 70ish hours I put into the game, but I can't bring myself to recommend it to many people cause of the gameplay. It's just not the type of game for everyone. The ironic part is I don't think the story beats feel as good as they do if you don't play the game and have to trek through the country. For example,

When you're boxing Higgs and Sam is like "Making *punch* me be *punch* everyones *punch* Porter *punch*" I FUCKING FELT THAT SO HARD. When Sam is stuck on the beach for a month and you see the pained expression on his face everytime he falls over, and then he struggles to get up and keep walking HNGHHH, just for him to finally say fuck it and try to kill himself. The entire game is a shallow metaphor of a metaphor, and you're not gonna get anytthing profound out of the game, but watching Sam(america) keep getting back up even though it seems helpless, even though people want to build walls(mexico walls) around them, Sam kept treking and connecting everyone when it would be so easy to just give up.

By the end of the game the message Kojima is sending is clear as day, even if he doesn't trust us to figure it out without his hand holding, but the way there is great.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

This has spoilers

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Heading to Steam June 2nd

505 Games and Kojima Productions are thrilled to announce that Death Stranding will launch simultaneously on the Epic Games Store and Steam on June 2, 2020.

What’s more, the PC edition of Death Stranding will also feature the following:

• Photo Mode
    • High frame rate
    • Ultra-wide monitor support
    • Content from Valve’s iconic franchise, Half-Life

Purchase Death Stranding on launch day to get the following:

• Selections from ‘The Art of Death Stranding’ digital art book (by Titan Books)
    • Death Stranding Original Score Expanded Edition by Ludvig Forsell (including 10 unreleased tracks)
    • Ludens mask sunglasses (chiral gold and omnireflector)
    • Gold and silver power skeleton
    • Gold and silver all-terrain skeleton
    • Gold and silver armour plate (LV2)

Pre-purchase Death Stranding to receive the above and a bunch of additional items.

• Death Stranding HD wallpapers
    • Chiral gold and omnireflector sunglasses
    • Chiral gold and omnireflector cap
    • Gold and silver speed skeleton
    • Gold and silver armor plate

One final thing... To celebrate the launch of the new PC Death Stranding website, a selection of mobile wallpapers and ringtones are available to download for free!
    https://deathstrandingpc.505games.com/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Heading to Steam June 2nd

https://deathstrandingpc.505games.com/
    Delayed to July 14th Thanks to the Rona
    https://twitter.com/KojiPro2015_EN/s...45842575142913

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ohh, forgot it's coming out now, perfect because I was looking to start something new the last couple of days

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

8 more hours!

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Alright people, tell me how it is. Because i can’t wait to get home to play this in actual graphics.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Hell yeah dlss 2.0

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    Alright people, tell me how it is. Because i can’t wait to get home to play this in actual graphics.
    I think you already know the answer to this, haha.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag