+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Pretty sure I've seen an online postbox inside their territory, so I think so. Whether they can steal from it or not, /shrug. It had cargo in it so probably not?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Yeah, you can put stuff there. I see lots of postboxes, watchtowers, and generators. I don't know if they can take stuff out of postboxes though.

Best I've seen is a zipline. Nothing like an express way in an out of a base for efficient looting lol

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Zipline suck cause you can never carry more than a level 3 truck, and you might as well bring the truck cause you always end up passing a shitton of materials and lost packages, especially near mule bases.

I spent 5 hours yesterday expanding my highway and only using a level 3 truck and I gained soooooo many levels. I went from having no one maxed in stars, to having 5 ppl maxed out. When you max a place, they give you a little star, like the US flag, for your pants. I haven't counted how many bases there are, but I wonder if theres 50 total lol. When you max a base they also give you a shitton of materials with it, which you can immediately load onto your truck and open up some more roads.

Fyi, droids dont give you as many likes as delivering yourself, but they do save me time in slowly leveling up a base before I show up later with a giant haul to get me maxed out in stars.

BG Level

If you guys aren't doing them, do premium orders when possible. It puts a time limit and you can't just bring back 1 item for things that allow partial deliveries, but it is a boost to likes and definitely made it much simpler capping off some of the inconvenient places.

Speaking of inconvenient, where is the Collector? Considering it's in MULE territory, I sort of want the best way to get in and out of there, but when I went looking for it before, I couldn't find it before a whole pack of MULES were running for me and I got out of there.

Also, are people complete IDIOTS with the Cosplayer location on yours? The second to last trip I made, when I turned around to leave, there was a truck down outside the entrance. It was at some stupid crooked angle that I couldn't get to the ledge to climb. I had to get a ladder just to climb out. Then I saw two more trucks just up there despite all the "slow down" and "do not enter" signs that are posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Zipline suck cause you can never carry more than a level 3 truck, and you might as well bring the truck cause you always end up passing a shitton of materials and lost packages, especially near mule bases.
    Depends on the area and infrastructure. Some areas are very inconvenient for a truck to get to whereas you could just zipline to some convenient post boxes then pick up with a truck later. Even better if it's near a base you can just dump stuff outside and go in for more.

Always good to consider options.

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    If you guys aren't doing them, do premium orders when possible. It puts a time limit and you can't just bring back 1 item for things that allow partial deliveries, but it is a boost to likes and definitely made it much simpler capping off some of the inconvenient places.

Speaking of inconvenient, where is the Collector? Considering it's in MULE territory, I sort of want the best way to get in and out of there, but when I went looking for it before, I couldn't find it before a whole pack of MULES were running for me and I got out of there.

Also, are people complete IDIOTS with the Cosplayer location on yours? The second to last trip I made, when I turned around to leave, there was a truck down outside the entrance. It was at some stupid crooked angle that I couldn't get to the ledge to climb. I had to get a ladder just to climb out. Then I saw two more trucks just up there despite all the "slow down" and "do not enter" signs that are posted.
    The Collector is in one of those cracks in the area, there's a few paths leading down (usually grassy) but you can just climbing anchor right to him. There's a few spots that you can jump over in a vehicle but you could just make a couple of bridges of my favourite ZIP LINES. I think I had a couple of bridges made to get past that area to the junk guy.

MULEs in the area can be a pain so either clear them out or get good at cancelling their pings.

Depends on the area and infrastructure. Some areas are very inconvenient for a truck to get to whereas you could just zipline to some convenient post boxes then pick up with a truck later. Even better if it's near a base you can just dump stuff outside and go in for more.

Always good to consider options.

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post

The Collector is in one of those cracks in the area, there's a few paths leading down (usually grassy) but you can just climbing anchor right to him. There's a few spots that you can jump over in a vehicle but you could just make a couple of bridges of my favourite ZIP LINES. I think I had a couple of bridges made to get past that area to the junk guy.

MULEs in the area can be a pain so either clear them out or get good at cancelling their pings.

And yes, people put trucks in the dumbest places, definitely always in your way.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Yeah I'm learning that places like the weather station and cosplayer are easier to get to if you build a zipline off the highway lol. I'm almost done connecting lake knot to south knot, then I can work on connecting Mountain knot which is honestly the one most worth getting, time saving wise.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm thick headed sometimes and will brute force a truck through the worst places. Weather Station to Southern Distro was entertaining, but slow going.

Speaking of trucks, can you actually tip them over? I've never tried, but they seem to come really close everytime I'm in them, but I always make corrections instead of leaning into it and trying to flip.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

They never flip, you can pop a sideways wheelie and ride that as long as you want to slip thru rocky passages.

Got lake knot to south knot all paved. Gonna start with ziplines next to make some of these out of the way stations easier to reach next.

Yeah I usually build zips to help get to waystations off the road or to quickly build new ones.

I think my favourite thing about them is putting one really high up because you can reach some stupid places and connect them for a skyrail type deal.

Love zipping past BT or MULE areas and watching my odarek (sp?!>) freak out but there's 0 chance I'll get hurt.

Didn't know that about truck wheelies, definitely giving that a shot later lol

BG Level

So, what's up with the Collector? I've been running around retrieving his games and magazines but I've been stuck at 2 stars (probably just under 2) for a while. Besides one, I think all of them have been premium too. For anyone that maxed out on that one, is it just painfully slow, does he only level on certain things, or something else?

Also, I could swear I got a "customize utility pack" but I have no idea where/how to do that or what can be customized. I have the backpack customization, so figured it'd be done similarly but I couldn't get an option to pop up.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

DO NOT GO TO CHAPTER 6 UNTIL YOURE READY TO GRIND THRU STORY

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Fml man. Fml

Spoiler: show
    No bb is fucking retarded. I played this entire game going out of my way to fight BT to farm chiral crystals. My playstyle is boned

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Urge to click, but I'm still dicking around in chapter 3. I have a bad habit of grinding stuff instead of progressing.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Same, w/e this is, I'm digging it lol.

Fml man. Fml

No bb is fucking retarded. I played this entire game going out of my way to fight BT to farm chiral crystals. My playstyle is boned

Yeah that chapter sucks ass, I just finished it and even with a bit of networking I still cleared it in about 3-4 hours. There's more than a few spots that have BTs but if you get lucky with ziplines (or weather in general) you can avoid them 100% to setup whatever you need.

If you go through what looks like a typical BT area (ruins and shit) and it isn't snowing then haul ass and get ziplines made in that area lol

BG Level

DO NOT GO TO CHAPTER 6 UNTIL YOURE READY TO GRIND THRU STORY

Oops. Well, I was pretty much caught up on stuff anyway. Gave up on the idiot Collector for now because I don't feel like retrieving his crappy video games again. Pizza clown bothering me too and I'm left wondering how many deliveries is it going to take til I even get the 2nd star there. Kind of questioning if at least the Collector may be gated behind story progression because I was getting literally nothing for several successive deliveries, even premiums.

About late ep. 5:
    So were you supposed to actually climb through the mountains after getting to Mountain Knot and getting the cold welcome? I'm assuming so, but I'd also love if I hilariously went over the Caradhras for the hell of it. Kind of loved it anyway. Would hike again and I know I probably will have to since I did see preppers up there.

Something like 9k chiral and 20k ceramics to go to finish the road to Mountain Knot. Seeing some of those pavers needing 8k or so of one type is painful. Already terrible enough getting things all the way to the waypoint halfway up.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

My only recommendation for ch5 is to start laying down a network of ziplines. The entire mountain region except the distribution center north of mountain knot is linked up with ziplines for me; it takes less than 10min to do any delivery in the mountain area, and I hooked them up to be chained to the weather station. Later, imma hook up weather station to the highway, and maybe run ziplines to distro center south of lake knot.

I think for the collector you need to read an email from him about joining the UCA properly? I remember a couple of preppers being that way.

Until that point I think you only get 99% of 1 star.

And for roads I think it's best to connect the area to the network first? I remember a bunch of roads being 0/0/0 progress before connecting it then a while after they were up to like 3-5k (still need to do like 4k myself, but maybe it's gone even higher today). Some of them were still 0 after connecting though so I'm not totally sure about this.

And yeah I had some ziplines for weather station going to timefall farms and connecting across the waterfall to the cosplayer already set up, so when I went to the robotist it was like 2 ziplines to connect them all up I've never been so proud of my zipline network until then.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag