+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Not sure I wanna co-sign. Start fresh. The MGS universe is already convoluted enough lol.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The more I watch, the more I regret even getting started on this shit. I must not of looked up much info before, now that I've watched a few vids Youtube is showing me recommended videos from like half a dozen Youtubers who have similar theories. Some even pointing out bits that the other vids didn't. I just wish it wasn't Kojima behind this, it'd be so easy to discount all of it. Ranging from tweets, legos, pictures, philosophy, real AI accounts, random number coincidences, existing games, teasers, appearances, etc. Just so much randomness that people are making some connections to that it's hard not to buy in somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    How can it have any relation to the metal gear universe without Konami giving them permission? Unless they change names and just wink at the camera a lot to make us imagine it's a true pre/sequel
    I dunno how IPs work, but is it at all possible for an IP to switch hands without word getting out? I know trademarks get found all the time once they're made public, but I dunno about properties. With what some of the vids say, some think it's all some elaborate ruse played up by everyone involved, including Konami themselves. Again, if it wasn't Kojima, I'd say no way. But he's just crazy enough to do something. I agree though, if it is connected, I think it'd just be spiritually at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Not sure I wanna co-sign. Start fresh. The MGS universe is already convoluted enough lol.
    I said the same thing before diving into this BS. I'd rather Kojima have a crack at creating a new IP. Wasn't Zone of the Enders the last time he did something other than MGS? Shit was stellar. Enough so I'm even considering getting the new-new remaster even though it's Konami putting it out.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    The more I watch, the more I regret even getting started on this shit. I must not of looked up much info before, now that I've watched a few vids Youtube is showing me recommended videos from like half a dozen Youtubers who have similar theories. Some even pointing out bits that the other vids didn't. I just wish it wasn't Kojima behind this, it'd be so easy to discount all of it. Ranging from tweets, legos, pictures, philosophy, real AI accounts, random number coincidences, existing games, teasers, appearances, etc. Just so much randomness that people are making some connections to that it's hard not to buy in somewhat.
    That's why I'm not even gonna fuck around and invest in this theory. Haven't seen any of the videos, but I know the second I do it's 6AM and I'm scrummaging through MGS wiki for any and all possible connections. And you're absolutely right. The worst part is that it's fucking Kojima behind it. The dudes meta game is unrivaled.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Death Stranding (Kojima Productions)

Times like these makes people like us extremely privileged to share the same timeline with Kojima. I’ve been following The Archillect on twitter recently, and well, just posting pictures between random things that are related to PT, Death Stranding, and some MGS. One of the things that makes me a big believer is the whole 204863 thing. I gotta admit, if you see the video Malithar posted, it becomes an addiction, and you start piecing things together. I saw a recent podcast video, forgot which one, but it was mentioned we’ve been playing Death Stranding for a very long while, we’re all part of the game, social media has a huge involvement (Archillect for example?), we’ve been in this long ride for a while.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, that 204863 number seems to be a large cornerstone. Having it line up with a potential release date right in the window Kojima gave is pretty interesting. Apparently Mads Mikkelson recently said in an interview for one of his movies that the game will require cooperation between people from countries around the world. Layer that in with Reedus' comment about the game involving elements of social media, and it's just like...god damn it Kojima, why you do this to us?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

204863 is kojima's birthday in DD/MM/YY with the 0 and 4 swapped. IE: 24/08/63

I don't think it's a release date or a cipher for some crazy puzzle lol.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Death Stranding (Kojima Productions)

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    204863 is kojima's birthday in DD/MM/YY with the 0 and 4 swapped. IE: 24/08/63

I don't think it's a release date or a cipher for some crazy puzzle lol.
    Interesting, but have you watched the vids? It’s just a coincidence that the Archillect’s picture #204863 falls on that date in December. I’m pretty sure this group has taken that into consideration, but who knows. The guy’s vids has an insane amount of other evidence that makes me a believer. I still like to believe that we’ve been playing Death Stranding all along, and hopefully we’re in for the craziest possible ride this coming E3.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Which vids specifically? I've watched a few of them from these guys, some of them are interesting, some parts are way off the deep end. Like that tombportable video where he opens by photoshopping a logo around for 20 minutes until it turns into MGS0 lol. For pythonselkan, it's worth mentioning that most of his theories leading up to MGSV were wrong, like his big one about venom snake being grey fox. Like I said before, there are real connections between MGS/PT and DS, but I think they will remain spiritual. I guess there is a chance Kojima managed to work out some deal with Konami to purchase or license MG from Konami with the requisite that it be kept secret, but given what we've learned about how poorly they treat their employees behind the scenes, and the grudge the higher-ups had against Kojima and his staff (which is hard to believe is a ruse), it seems incredibly unlikely.

As for the archillect, maybe it is indeed some ARG shit (ilovebees anyone?). To play devils advocate thou, it is (according to the creators website) a bot that curates and posts images based on the popularity of previous posts and the users that liked/retweeted them, using google reverse image search. If a bunch of people following the bot are MGS fans, sharing anything that resembles MG/PT/DS, and posting images relating to those in it's tweet chains, they could be inadvertently turning archillect into a kojima bot themselves, creating their own whale to chase. Sort of like how 4chan turned that microsoft chat bot into a racist, sex crazed hitler supporter.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

This is fine and dandy, but Kojima does not own the metal gear series. Full stop. It can not be related to the universe unless Konami gave the go ahead, and I haven't seen a single thing on that so I'm gonna decline to entertain this theory and just let Kojima do Kojima and watch him make a new series with familiarities to his other games but is something new.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

just a few more days before the huge death stranding reveal! I will just post a couple of tweets.

https://twitter.com/bayuarafat/statu...04357048643585

https://twitter.com/KojiPro2015_EN/s...60125703540736

Wow, humbled by the high expectations for #DEATHSTRANDING at the #E3... Now we're hoping we didn't elevate the hype too much

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

When/where will death stranding e3 shit be?

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    When/where will death stranding e3 shit be?
    It's confirmed as one of the 4 big games for Sony's conference on Monday night.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Thanks, havn't cared enough to watch e3 in a long ass time, but I'm pretty hyped to see what's up with this and shadows die twice.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So much speculation and memes flowing outta that trailer. I doubt the game will solely be "walking simulator" as some are touting, but I'd be down for that being the main progression path from town to town or something. Bring supplies to a new outpost, do stuffs, take shit to the next town, etc. Go back and grind deliveries for stuff if you ever want/need to.

There's still speculation rolling out about it tying into MGS and shit. I'm on board with

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Start fresh.
    Kojima just knows how to lead his audience on just enough to keep the theories and speculation rolling.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I’m way hype for this. This is paperboy extreme mode. UPS simulator without the truck.

Doesn't matter what the game turns out to be, the Kojima play list continues to grow. Everything about this fascinates me, hopefully the gameplay or combat (if any) lives up to the rest.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Doesn't matter what the game turns out to be, the Kojima play list continues to grow. Everything about this fascinates me, hopefully the gameplay or combat (if any) lives up to the rest.
    The gameplay section looked like dragging the crate around, the rest looked like FMV.

Who knows what the fuck this is yet.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

The babies are used to see the aliens or w/e it is. just to add depth to the walking simulator

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag