+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thinking more on it, I wonder if he's aiming to create a new IP or make this a self contained story. I know pretty much every MGS after 2 was "his last" because he wanted to move on to other properties and ideas. I'm confident it'll be great regardless, but I hope he doesn't get himself trapped in another cycle of sequels to appease the masses while constraining his imagination. Then again, from what we've seen, I don't know what else you could add to this that'd be out of place.

I agree with the above notion that it feels almost like it has an RE tone, though I'd side more on Silent Hills. Those inky silhouettes give an unsettling feeling, much like many of Silent Hill's human-esque enemies. I imagine the larger creatures that they're tied to will spike that feeling. I'm interested in seeing who you're fighting against. This is the first time we've seen Sam fight human enemies. They seem to be trying to catch him as well what with the electric prods and such. I had a moment of "fuck yes" glee when he picked up a package that got knocked off him and started bludgeoning the guy with it lol.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

With how expensive it is to make a new IP, I doubt they'd leave it sequel-less, especially for the first game from a new studio. I dont expect 6 games and a movie, but I dont expect them to be one-and-done with this universe they're creating.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thanks Reddit, I'm not surprised.

Spoiler: show

More info about the game. Not much that wasn't known, but a bit more spelled out. BTs get a name. Both pics spoilered for size.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

All my want.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Japanese trailer details the Standard, Special, Deluxe, and Collector's Editions @ 8:43

Apocalyptica - Path (instrumental)

(vocal)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Kojima's explanation on what DS is:

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Kojima's explanation on what DS is:

I love you Kojima

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Now I can't wait for hour long youtube videos finding hidden messages in the way Kojima signed that.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Part of what is probably keeping some of the cost down is the fact that they didn't have to develop an engine. They're using the Decima engine from the devs that made Horizon Zero Dawn. I'm sure they modded it to their needs, but making an engine from the ground up take a lot of time and money.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

dont really care about the game but that is one dope ass picture

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It seems boss battles will be a thing if there was any doubt. JP trailer had what appears to be one. I couldn't figure out how to imbed the video the post on reddit had so I downloaded the video and threw it on Youtube to direct link. Music didn't get saved with it, more of a heavy metal version of the NA trailer music.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    It seems boss battles will be a thing if there was any doubt. JP trailer had what appears to be one. I couldn't figure out how to imbed the video the post on reddit had so I downloaded the video and threw it on Youtube to direct link. Music didn't get saved with it, more of a heavy metal version of the NA trailer music.

I got you

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post

Apocalyptica - Path (instrumental)

(vocal)

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I dunno, I just watched the whole JP trailer. The opening to the clip on reddit is at 6:04 of both trailers with Amelie's tears of blood, but then neither the NA or JP clip has the boss fight. The JP clip you posted is also missing the vocals in the reddit clip. I guess there's another trailer floating around or something?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Here we go, the second Japanese trailer

And the vocals is the second music video I posted.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That'd be it, thanks! Sorry for the extra trouble Souls.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Regular + SteelBook Covers

Master storyteller and game creator Hideo Kojima surprised attendees of his San Diego Comic-Con panel by revealing the final cover art for Death Stranding. The art features Sam Bridges, who must brave a world utterly transformed by the Death Stranding, and save mankind by reconnecting a fractured society.

The collectible SteelBook is included in the Death Stranding Special Edition ($69.99 USD MSRP/ $89.99 CAD MSRP) and the Death Stranding Collector’s Edition ($199.99 USD MSRP / $249.99 CAD MSRP).

Hideo Kojima was joined at the panel by renowned film director, Nicolas Winding Refn, who has a special guest appearance in Death Stranding as the character, Heartman. The two discussed their approach to narrative, their inspirations as creators and what excites them about the future of entertainment. Mr. Kojima also shared a short clip from the game featuring Heartman and shed some light on his role. There’s still a lot to learn about Heartman and what role he’ll play in Sam’s journey, but in signature Hideo Kojima style, you can bet an engaging story like no other awaits when game comes out on November 8th.

Leader of the Brain Eating Space Monkeys
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I can't remember the last time I was excited about a game, day 1 for me

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'll spoiler it since the article didn't go into detail, but they dove into a good bit of what Heartman is going through.

Heartman has a disease that causes his heart to stop every 21 minutes. During this time, he crosses to the other side for three minutes. He uses this time to search for his family. He wears a device that revives him every time this happens. Think back to the trailer and him being dragged away from the group of people. In this trailer, when he's sitting at what looks like a Bridges terminal, you can see an orange box attached to him with wires ran to his chest.

With his name having such a literal meaning, I wonder if Diehardman and Deadman also have literal meanings.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

These -man people have to work out as some kinda boss at some pointb it's just too kojima to have a squad of similar people to act as bosses in the story.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag