Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So several threads I've read about this game is that it seems to need to be relabeled as "FedEx Simulator".

Sound about right?

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

People are just outright bitches. Enjoy the fucking game as a Kojima game, maybe it’ll then remind you what type of game you’re playing. Can’t wait to pick up my copy tonight.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Fiendishone View Post
    So several threads I've read about this game is that it seems to need to be relabeled as "FedEx Simulator".

Sound about right?
    It's right. I sat and watched 6 hours of this being played and woof, unless the game take a HARD shift in gameplay 10+ hours in, its all delivery sim with the usual Kojima barely-understandable nonsense. Kojima is completely up his own rectum.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    It's right. I sat and watched 6 hours of this being played and woof, unless the game take a HARD shift in gameplay 10+ hours in, its all delivery sim with the usual Kojima barely-understandable nonsense. Kojima is completely up his own rectum.
    So glad I decided to not day 1 this. I'm sure the game is beyond pretty but I need more than shiny'ness to get me to play it.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    I'm sure the game is beyond pretty but I need more than shiny'ness to get me to play it.
    If it weren't for some shimmering artifacts (sub-pixel aliasing, facial hair on certain characters at a distance), and what looks like temporal ambient occlusion, the cutscenes are basically FMV quality, which I have to say is a hell of an achievement given base PS4 hardware.

Either case, my copy arrived earlier than expected, put in four hours today, and will probably keep doing 3-4 hours a day so I don't burn out.
    Spoiler: show
    I do hope at some point it opens up more and I can just explore freely. Only an hour into chapter 2 right now but a lot of the map appears specifically crafted, at least early on, to force you into situations to tutorialize things.

Jim Sterling pretty much shit on the game if you hold his videos to any sort of standard. Of course, the common theme seems to be that those who like it will nonetheless go to great lengths to slob Kojima's knob, while those who don't often give some very succinct mechanical/gameplay issues that are very much polarizing.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

The game is fine. Probably the best looking game on consoles this gen. Its Walking Simulator 2019, but theres gameplay to the walking as much as people are crying theres no gameplay. If that gameplay isnt appealing to you it's one thing, but 5 hrs in, new systems and mechanics still being introduced, and I'm still enjoying the game. I'll be at 15 hours by sunday and can give a better impression by then.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Go play some CoD or Madden then, you pleb!

Seriously tho it's a delivery sim but there's travel mechanics, obstacles and such. Story is interesting so far and pretty straightforward. There's the crazy Kojima touch to it and that's what I expected/wanted going in. It's unique and the soundtrack is great. I'm basically overloading myself on deliveries and testing Sam's endurance to keep things interesting and to see what I can get away with.

Also love how players can assist each other with bridges, ladders, rope, etc. Has a system that encourages bros to help bros out.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    If it weren't for some shimmering artifacts (sub-pixel aliasing, facial hair on certain characters at a distance), and what looks like temporal ambient occlusion, the cutscenes are basically FMV quality, which I have to say is a hell of an achievement given base PS4 hardware.

Either case, my copy arrived earlier than expected, put in four hours today, and will probably keep doing 3-4 hours a day so I don't burn out.
    I do hope at some point it opens up more and I can just explore freely. Only an hour into chapter 2 right now but a lot of the map appears specifically crafted, at least early on, to force you into situations to tutorialize things.
    Just a heads up that according to Kotaku evvvvverything opens up in the next chapter. They highly advise you rush to that chapter and then take time out to do some exploring if you so choose.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    Go play some CoD or Madden then, you pleb!

Seriously tho it's a delivery sim but there's travel mechanics, obstacles and such. Story is interesting so far and pretty straightforward. There's the crazy Kojima touch to it and that's what I expected/wanted going in. It's unique and the soundtrack is great. I'm basically overloading myself on deliveries and testing Sam's endurance to keep things interesting and to see what I can get away with.

Also love how players can assist each other with bridges, ladders, rope, etc. Has a system that encourages bros to help bros out.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Haha no lie you had me going for a second. The "crazy Kojima touch" keeps me wanting to see more just because it's SO WEIRD i'll admit, just not play it. I think he's got good ideas, he just really needs to have someone else take those ideas and make them into a cohesive story for him. His story beats area all over the place and critical character events happen so quickly before they have a chance to have any emotional weight to them.

Of course it could just be that i'm getting old and grumpy as fuck these days.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

So far I like it. I think I'm about to finish chapter 2, at least clues seem to pointing that way, but probably won't pick it back up til this evening. I've actually had a lot more enemy interaction than the people whining about the game would have led me to believe. I'm not sure if that means I'm doing something right or doing something very wrong. Probably the latter, but that's fine. It was late and I was tired, but I did put the game down in frustration last night.

Having RDR2 flashbacks where I found myself in a similar situation early on. I've been doing the last couple side missions before accepting the next "Sam mission" and I ran through MULE territory and got attacked by BTs. Well, I got dragged waaaaay away and eventually went to my destination and realized that the materials were on my bike. But... where's my bike? Fortunately, it was on the main road. But the materials were damaged, so I think I'll go back and try it again. BTs attack again, and this time I think I'll go around, but again, I get dragged way away and this time I have no idea where my bike is. I'm tempted to just leave it and try to make this delivery on foot, but I think it's time sensitive, I'd have to go through MULE territory, and heavy. Before I was able to find an icon for it on my map, but now I can't.

No way in hell am I taking optional missions to the Wind Farm at this point.

Hey, Sam. Why not pick up some missions while you're out there? Oh, so what if they're giving you almost the full weight capacity and then have you go up and down steep terrain in gale force winds? (Wait, this is the Everest simulator I wanted!)

(lupon delivery) "You brought this from the Wind Farm? [laughs] I can't imagine what a chore that must have been."

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I feel like I'm overloading myself cause I'm constantly wrangling with a toppling load while also fending off BTs and Mules. I'd move a lot faster without carrying 200 metal, but the resources arent shared between bases so I gotta bring some materials with me T_T

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

It only helps so much, but you can have it optimize the weight distribution for you if you open up the menu for it. Triangle I think? That'll put stuff all over your body so you're not as top heavy. I've tried also carrying a heavy thing in each hand to keep a lower center of balance, but when I got overzealous and faceplanted anyway, I stopped doing that.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I'd move a lot faster without carrying 200 metal, but the resources arent shared between bases so I gotta bring some materials with me T_T
    Does the private locker contents not carry between locations? I might be a little fucked in that case since I've been dumping resources there to offload some weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Just a heads up that according to Kotaku evvvvverything opens up in the next chapter. They highly advise you rush to that chapter and then take time out to do some exploring if you so choose.
    I might end up doing that since a lot of the menial delivery tasks are mostly time wasters in the grand scheme of things, at least with the rewards I've been getting thus far.

That said, I expect some player to come into the game late in a few months and just seeing ladders strewn everywhere by other players.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    It only helps so much, but you can have it optimize the weight distribution for you if you open up the menu for it. Triangle I think? That'll put stuff all over your body so you're not as top heavy. I've tried also carrying a heavy thing in each hand to keep a lower center of balance, but when I got overzealous and faceplanted anyway, I stopped doing that.
    Yeah, this works but only if you are on flat ground. It's better to put it all on your back and walk with holding L2 and R2 to steady the load and just walk like that. For really heavy loads you'll have to let go of a shoulder button to counter lean if you're climbing a mountain or hit a small rock. It's been very forgiving on normal, but I have face planted a couple times lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Does the private locker contents not carry between locations? I might be a little fucked in that case since I've been dumping resources there to offload some weight.

I might end up doing that since a lot of the menial delivery tasks are mostly time wasters in the grand scheme of things, at least with the rewards I've been getting thus far.

That said, I expect some player to come into the game late in a few months and just seeing ladders strewn everywhere by other players.
    Oh boy...nah private lockers do not share. They would be better labeled "offline" lockers than private. No storage of any kind is shared over distances afaik, but the other locker can be accessed by other players, the private locker cannot. I dont think my weight limits have yet to necessitate me offloading supplies at a locker to carry mission packages, so I just use em to offload found packages for easy likes.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Went to get it from red box since this seems like a "rent it, don't buy it" sort of game. There was a pricing error and I bought the game for $25. Thanks red box.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Went to get it from red box since this seems like a "rent it, don't buy it" sort of game. There was a pricing error and I bought the game for $25. Thanks red box.
    I can def see this as a play it once and 100% it kinda game, but idk if it has multiple endings

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I’ll maybe get it at Christmas if there’s a sale on.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag