1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 26 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 13 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 20 hours, 26 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Level Boost in FFXIV?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Why even call it a game at this point? Why not just make it a point and click adventure. No leveling necessary, no waiting or working towards anything. Just fucking hand players whatever they want with a click of the mouse. Why not?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Why even call it a game at this point? Why not just make it a point and click adventure. No leveling necessary, no waiting or working towards anything. Just fucking hand players whatever they want with a click of the mouse. Why not?
    Because they would get sued by Jagex for making Runescape 4.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Eh, let 'em have it. Its not like Black Mages get their complete rotation until level60 (Oh wait, they do).

Plus the community is pretty shit as far as DFer goes 5 times out of 7. I doubt this would make much more of an impact.

I'd definitely support this decision going into 4.0 and the 400 something quests players will have to do to start making their way from Ishgard to Ala Mhigo.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Well if they made it work like WoW, then it wouldn't take you to the current lvl cap, but instead to the beginning of the current expansion. You would bypass a whole lot of bullshit, but still need to level/gear up before doing anything.

There's of course the issue of people not knowing how to play, but IMO good players don't need to level a class slowly to learn how to play it, and bad players will still be bad regardless of how long it took them to level up. Especially in this game, where a large portion of leveling is spent synced down without access to many of your abilities anyway.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I really don't want this but I do see the issue. This time when they release the next expansion they need to allow people into the new areas and to access the new jobs at least.

I know we've had players who have come back and left again because they can't get into things but skipping the story in a Final fantasy game seems to defeat the object...

People racing to 60 to play with friends I kinda understand but then I wonder if there's enough at 60 to keep them there.
    Having some mid level content in the new expansion would be nice but I wonder if that's what Palace of the Dead is trying to help with. New players starting somewhere fresh from 30 wouldn't be as x bad but that throws the class system out the window.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Though one for me. On one hand I think people should be required to level up for the somewhat slim hope they'll learn how to play their job correctly. But on the other I can't blame them if SE does what they did with Heavensward where you're locked out of all the expansion's content unless you've done all of the main story until that point.

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    Require a max level character on the account? Alts are the one place I could see this being good, but if new players can use it, it's only gonna make the baddie problem worse.
    Not so sure about that to be honest, I'm really not. If you've ever met a Lv60 NIN not even using combos you've practically already met a player who used a Jump Potion, I don't think we're going to tell a damn difference with some people.

You can't force people to learn the game or play properly, that's entirely and completely up to them alone. Even good tutorials and clear descriptions can get skipped or ignored.

I wish they would add something like that for DoH/L because fuck leveling those.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I would love this potion to be implemented. I'll use it in the same vein as the mentor tag:

oh look guys we have a jumper over here
    or
    are you a jumper?

and so on ... hurray for more social/player segregation techniques!

Maybe if combined with the mentor tag ... jumpor ? lol

And later in the future: "hai guyz i'm a jumper, any1 got drk job guide? I want to go raid and stuff!"

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I wish they would add something like that for DoH/L because fuck leveling those.
    I hope this is sarcastic but if not... DoL at least is some of the easiest leveling out there. You have no excuse on that front. Far easier than getting xp on any Disciples of War job.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    I hope this is sarcastic but if not... DoL at least is some of the easiest leveling out there. You have no excuse on that front. Far easier than getting xp on any Disciples of War job.
    It's easy but obnoxious at the same time. I didn't mind leveling them in 1.x since you were actually free to do what you want/where you wanted you just risked destroying items if you were under a certain level and skill. DoH you can pretty much auto synth in-demand mats for profit and levels. Hell think I auto synth'd alchemist from 30-47 just only returning to the game window to setup another 99 auto synth's and made at least 12 mil doing so, back in the "must have all formula" days.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Yeah, I guess DoH I can understand people not enjoying but then, don't level em.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I do think that (Play the first character normally then you can boost others) is a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    The point being that it's boring, not hard.

They done fucked up with the whole story continuation thing. People get stuck in early game with douchebags who are just there cuz the DR forced them to.

But just like the people said before me, do it to the current expansion.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    Require a max level character on the account? Alts are the one place I could see this being good, but if new players can use it, it's only gonna make the baddie problem worse.
    {Yes, please}
    Because of my job, I move several times in the last years, in Europe, Japan and NA. As a result, I changed a lot of servers. But since I got social links with players of previous servers, I made several alts in order to continue to play with them. So I have 5 chars on 4 different servers... I made all the 2.X MSQ for all of them, which represent roughly 300 hours of boredom... I have done 3.X MSQ only with my main, wasn't brave enough to do it 5 times...

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I could absolutely see it being used for Alts, though. I feel like they -SHOULD- have an option for alts.

Just not mains. Maybe have some mentorship thing where you can run through level scaled versions of each fight with your stronger friends to learn some of the mechanics in a slightly safer (and faster) setting, but everyone, and I mean EVERYONE -needs- to have a bit of Titan Hard (and maybe even EX) in their life so they know what this goddamn game is all about.

You haven't even come close to earning your stripes until you've mastered Landslide.
    that would be pay to win. buy a boost for an alt and you get an extra lvl 5 material per week.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Anyone know what the payment system for Chinese XIV was like? I couldn't recall if it was sub based like ours, a pay-per-hour deal, or some other matter.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Pay per hour, and I think they already have a level 50/60 boost there? Can only find articles of Yoshi thinking about it, but not providing.

In fact I'm willing to bank with my playtime these days paying per hour would work out cheaper haha.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    that would be pay to win. buy a boost for an alt and you get an extra lvl 5 material per week.
    Drop the materia reward, then. *shrugs*