+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Goldsmithing guide (2016)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by theshun View Post
    Orichalcum ring + element bead goes to 102 (higher with the change). Ingots are expensive. You can farm ODS (easy to solo).
    Problem, ZERO element beads on the AH. Dude, when I say there's a lack of synth materials on the AH, I mean there's like, NONE.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Element ore + Wind = bead. Odin has 20 singles and 20X12 stacks.

Edit: Shiva is about 1/2 that.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by theshun View Post
    Element ore + Wind = bead. Odin has 20 singles and 20X12 stacks.

Edit: Shiva is about 1/2 that.
    Worse news is, I'm on Quetz now. Not on Shiva anymore.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

You're killing me, Smalls. Well, you could always grow them. It's not that bad with Mog gardens (four days or so).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If you have left over plat ring+1s from skilling up on the lvl 72 rings the recipe using the +1 rings cap at 99.

Snowsteel ingot is 100. ores drop pretty common from certain reives. iirc it's dho, kamhir and raka. Also pretty easily mined.

Could do hepatizon ingots. A few over on your server and pretty easily farmed

And always some good ole silver cassandras

If you still under 106 the lvl 72 rings with nq plat rings still work

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager View Post
    I'm making a Goldsmithing mule using this guide, but I've gotten stuck due to severe lack of mats on my server. I'm stuck at 94 Goldsmithing and making Muscle Belts whenever I find materials up on the AH.
    Muscle Belts seem like your best bet to get you to 100. If you know someone with high enough leather, just farm a bunch of manticore hides and have them turn it into leather. You can make your own Gold/Brass ingots as the guild NPC has ores on infinite supply (12k for Gold, 250gil for Brass, not incl crystal or break cost). Theres no NPC supply for Manticore hides, and ffxidb is down so theres no way to check which mob has the best drop rates, so grind those out. An hour of farming should net you quite a few Hides and last a bit. Or you can camp the AH and hope someone else is fighting manticores and not NPCing/tossing those out. Your other option to get to 100 is to make Platinum Rings and synth some of the lv72 rings. ffxiah says there are 90 (between stacks and singles) of those stones on the AH right now on Quetz.

Start stockpiling whatever Orichalcum you can get your hands on, cause you'll need it to get to 110 unless you plan to just do Hepatizon's (which you could). Silver Cassandra's are a decent option as well (get the Hexagun from sparks) if theres no supply of Elemental Beads/Ores.

You cant rely on the Ugol set as Palladian is almost non existant (Provenance drop, or Legion I think), as is Durium (WoE). You could make some hexed stuff, but thats pricey (and Ormulu supply seems dry too) So ya, stockpile Orichalcum.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    , and ffxidb is down so theres no way to check which mob has the best drop rates, so grind those out
    What's up with that? Haven't been able to access it for almost a week now

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Muscle Belts seem like your best bet to get you to 100. If you know someone with high enough leather, just farm a bunch of manticore hides and have them turn it into leather. You can make your own Gold/Brass ingots as the guild NPC has ores on infinite supply (12k for Gold, 250gil for Brass, not incl crystal or break cost). Theres no NPC supply for Manticore hides, and ffxidb is down so theres no way to check which mob has the best drop rates, so grind those out. An hour of farming should net you quite a few Hides and last a bit. Or you can camp the AH and hope someone else is fighting manticores and not NPCing/tossing those out.

Start stockpiling whatever Orichalcum you can get your hands on, cause you'll need it to get to 110 unless you plan to just do Hepatizon's (which you could). Silver Cassandra's are a decent option as well (get the Hexagun from sparks) if theres no supply of Elemental Beads/Ores.
    I've got a 110 Leathercraft mule, and I have been farming the hides, but since I like to synth in bulk it takes a while depending on luck and drop rate. And yes I had considered just doing Hepatizon Ingots to 110 once I got to 100 off Muscle Belts.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

XIDB got hit with a quasi-ransomware through a mongodb exploit. We have an offsite backup, but we're taking this opportunity to re-investigate hosting and see if we should change providers.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager View Post
    I've got a 110 Leathercraft mule, and I have been farming the hides, but since I like to synth in bulk it takes a while depending on luck and drop rate. And yes I had considered just doing Hepatizon Ingots to 110 once I got to 100 off Muscle Belts.
    Best bet for hides would be Aby-Tahrongi. They had best drop rate IIRC plus lower respawn than any other options.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Abyssea is the best bet for farming most mobs even if the actual drop rate is lower than another zone just because all the mobs are in one spot, making it easy to AoE farm, and the repops are way faster than world spawns.