Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I feel like it'll end with the flower viewing and cliffhanger/tease on the school festival competition. That happens right after the stagiaire right? I forget

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I was skeptical at first because of it's PV, but I can tell already that Days is going to be an incredible sports anime. Not quite in the same sense as Haikyuu, but more like YowaPedal awesome.

Summer season strong so far. 2/2 animes I've watched that I've really enjoyed. Albeit, Shokugeki was a given

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Shokugeki was great, nothing surprising there.
    Days seems like it will be pretty cool.
    Orange... not sure it will be for me, depends what direction they'll go with the story.
    B-Project - definitely not for everyone, pretty boys bands and all that... but I always enjoy me some music anime.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah I'll second Days being good so far. A bit clichéd with your typical shonen I'm the worst at everything I'm trying to do protagonist but somehow have the power of MC to stubbornly push on even after accidentally headbutting walls and poles because he's so inept lol. But looks like it's going to be pretty good build up and be more entertaining than watching real soccer

Rewrite seems pretty promising so far. Lots of humor mixed in with supernatural power highschool student shenanigans. Actions scenes have been pretty good so far

Spoiler: show

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Rewrite was good, decent action scenes and potential harem >.>

Berserk wasn't too bad, the animation via 3D was ok.

Watched the Dofus movie, was nice (especially that transformation scene with Bakara... she's basically naked...)

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    I feel like it'll end with the flower viewing and cliffhanger/tease on the school festival competition. That happens right after the stagiaire right? I forget
    Soma manga spoilers
    Spoiler: show
    It goes Autumn Election > Stagnaire > School Festival > Central. I'm not sure if there are enough episodes to do so, but if they can make it through the School Festival and reveal Azami at the end of the Festival, it would be a good set up for season 3.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Relife def. not even close to erased lol. It's comparable to typical high school rom com + NHK youkoso. Good regardless though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

With how closely the Soma anime follows the Manga, unless they speed things up this season I don't seeing going Past Staignaire. Which I hope it doesn't go past because otherwise there might be a delay in seasons to let the manga get even further ahead

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Rewrite

This had a GREAT first episode. Definitely a route separate from any in the game. Given how crazy the game gets at times, I'm super excited for this. Fantastic animation too, especially at the end.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Tales of Zestria, I didn't know ufotable is doing this. Jesus the budget for this anime...

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Zestiria the X

I've watched one episode of this and it's already the greatest video game adaption ever created. Holy shit this was incredible. I had assumed that Ufotable was sending the B-team like they did with GOD EATER. I was very wrong.

Seriously watch this shit.

https://my.mixtape.moe/jgwgoa.webm

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    Rewrite

This had a GREAT first episode. Definitely a route separate from any in the game. Given how crazy the game gets at times, I'm super excited for this. Fantastic animation too, especially at the end.
    Worth watching if you haven't played the game or will it be pretty foreign to the viewer?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nvm, got confused about which anime this was about

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Worth watching if you haven't played the game or will it be pretty foreign to the viewer?
    I haven't played the game but so far it doesn't feel like they are purposefully leaving stuff out they assume you know already. Like there is some stuff that isn't fully explained yet but feels like it's more of a way as the plot develops sort of thing. But 1 episode so hard to say even if it was an hour long. Either way I'm hooked

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    You don't need to play the game, the anime is an original route.

My only complaint is that some stuff in the first episode of the anime was just casually introduced, but in the game, due to the flow of the story, it's a massive twist.

But once you know it it doesn't matter anyway.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I haven't played the game but so far it doesn't feel like they are purposefully leaving stuff out they assume you know already. Like there is some stuff that isn't fully explained yet but feels like it's more of a way as the plot develops sort of thing. But 1 episode so hard to say even if it was an hour long. Either way I'm hooked
    They didn't really leave anything out. They just introduced a plot line that isn't really in the game until much later. It looks to me like they're just saying "fuck the SoL routes, we're going full action" and I'm not really too against it. Rewrite has the second best action in any VN I've played other than F/SN.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Tales of Zestiria The X Ep1

The first episode Ufotable brought their A game in term of animation. I didn't like Zestiria original game story as it was trash. I read from Japanese interviews that they are changing the story to better bridge Tales of Zestiria to the upcoming prequel game Tales of Berseria(which is why you see her in the intro).

Re:Zero Ep14

Not only didn't he learn anything but Subaru will also fall even further into despair.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I don't get Momokuri. So there's a 15 minute version that's already been around for 1 season and looks to be still going on. And now there's a 30 minute version that's based off of the exact same material that's now airing and basically just reanimating the 15 minute version? Why Japan? Why?

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Half way through ReLIFE and loving it so far though that Erased comparison can gtfo lol

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

http://nharime.tumblr.com/post/14688...o-writeup-they

general news:

Little Witch Academia TV anime is confirmed to be a Netflix show (or at least globally distributed on Netflix) coming 2017. directed by Yoshinari, ofc.
    Imaishi is working on three projects at current. nothing will be announced soon, but they’ve entered development.

they also have a project done by a mystery director they can’t announce coming up in the future!
    and, yes, inferno cop season 2 is still coming.

more show-specific fun stuff & teasers they shared with us under the cut, for kiznaiver, space patrol luluco, and the upcoming LWA tv anime:

little witch academia tv anime:

will be distributed by netflix globally, or possibly a netflix original. yoshinari’s wording (in a video message he sent) was unclear.
    it’s the next major project and is currently in development- yoshinari says that it will reveal secrets of the academy and feature both akko & her friends + new characters.
    yoshinari says that the ending will be a ‘grand spectacle’ and that he hopes to come to AX next year to show his finished work; so the show will probably be either a winter or spring show (but i’m betting on spring.)
    ‘so i went in and fiddled with [yoshinari’s] PC while he was away so… please, no photos.’ LWA character designs, boards, and backgrounds done by yoshinari look absolutely beautiful and are stylistically the same as the two OVAS- but no photos, sorry!