+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 3rei Ep1

Well that little different intro from the manga. hopefully they don't turn this into a lame adaptation as this is the part were series becomes very interesting with it's dark themes.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Finally broke the seal and finished the first ep of Fate Kaleid, then the first season. Show's a lot better than I expected it to be.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    Zestiria the X

I've watched one episode of this and it's already the greatest video game adaption ever created. Holy shit this was incredible. I had assumed that Ufotable was sending the B-team like they did with GOD EATER. I was very wrong.

Seriously watch this shit.

https://my.mixtape.moe/jgwgoa.webm
    Yeah, glad I saw your post; enjoyed the first ep, then went back and watched the ~45 minute OVA. Will definitely keep up with this one for a bit at least. Never played the game if it matters, but I just love standard medieval-setting fantasy adventures.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Olo401 View Post
    Finally broke the seal and finished the first ep of Fate Kaleid, then the first season. Show's a lot better than I expected it to be.
    It's not bad per se just kind of gets old. At least for me I got tired of all the loli antics and would fast forward to actual plot/fights

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars ep 1

Characters are pretty bad and boring so far, on the upside glorious 2D robot action but truly a shame it's stuck with this show.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    It's not bad per se just kind of gets old. At least for me I got tired of all the loli antics and would fast forward to actual plot/fights
    I was starting to get a little pissy cuz the first 6 eps of 2wei Herz is that shit. The wait was worth it tho the next fight is pretty damn good so far.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Amanchu Ep1

This ended up being much better than I was expecting .Even though not a lot really happens, I was constantly enthralled. The episode felt like they went by really quickly because I was very rarely bored while watching. Fantastic music, the orchestral themes specifically. exactly what i needed after all the boring moe series.

This is series is by AMANO Kozue who created the series Aria and the anime is also being directed by Aria anime director Junichi SATO, so you know your getting a quality series.

Easily my favorite opening this season.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Thunderbolt Fantasy Ep1

Hard to just this right now, but It's refreshing to see something different from japan even if it's a puppet show series. I wonder how many characters will die as series goes on, since it's written by Gen Urobuchi.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Regalia EP1

Cool mechs but ughhh why is it surrounded by loli and potential yuri shit. I might give it one more episode but it's looking like abort abort.

Planetarian EP1
    Interesting premise. Even though there was nothing overtly sad about the episode, just the way it's presented made me feel pretty hopeless. It's only 5 eps long so I think I'm gonna stick to it.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Berserk EP2
    The whole time all I can think of is how much better it would be if it weren't CGI. Sigh. This is gonna be a long hatewatch season.

Aldemarin on the Sky EP1
    The best new show I've seen so far this season. The MC is great. It started off kind of slow but the plot revealed itself in the second half of the episode. Looking forward to more of this. A

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Handa-kun Ep. 1

I know this is technically a prequel to Barakamon so I went somewhat optimistic that it could be good. As a stand alone anime it was a pretty funny and somewhat charming first episode but jeez it was absolutely nothing like Barakamon. And that in itself made it pretty disappointing. They also got a different voice actor to voice Handa which I suppose should make sense as he's younger in this. But they state in Handa-kun that he's a 2nd year highschooler which would make him what? 16 or 17? And he's supposed to be around 22 in Barakamon if I remember correctly, so his voice shouldn't be all that different really.

Ultimately, it's basically a highschool themed comedy with a pseudo Barakamon skin. So it might be enjoyable to some extent but honestly, I'd rather just get more Barakamon anime and watch that instead.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

WOW Thunderbolt Fantasy is translated didn't think it would get picked up. yes it's puppets but amazing fights and so entertaining. if your sick of this seasons stuff watch this and be amazed.

https://jii.moe/41y7mXFUb.webm

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Shokugeki no Soma S2 Ep2

Spoiler: show

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

hahahahaha
    that Gumball pic is too perfect

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Qualidea Code

I don't know man. It has good parts and really bad parts. The synopsis of the show before it aired indicated it wasn't magic school bullshit. It is magic school bullshit. I'll give it a 6/10, will drop if it stays the same.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Felt like double Jojo this week with that Soma scene. Speaking of Jojo, this mangaka mini-arc is the greatest.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Jojo's has a new intro too. First impressions were kinda meh though.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The Outcast

This is an adaption of a Korean comic that I have never heard of before. I liked it. Don't have much else to say because there isn't any real plot yet.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Handa-kun Ep. 1

I know this is technically a prequel to Barakamon so I went somewhat optimistic that it could be good. As a stand alone anime it was a pretty funny and somewhat charming first episode but jeez it was absolutely nothing like Barakamon. And that in itself made it pretty disappointing. They also got a different voice actor to voice Handa which I suppose should make sense as he's younger in this. But they state in Handa-kun that he's a 2nd year highschooler which would make him what? 16 or 17? And he's supposed to be around 22 in Barakamon if I remember correctly, so his voice shouldn't be all that different really.

Ultimately, it's basically a highschool themed comedy with a pseudo Barakamon skin. So it might be enjoyable to some extent but honestly, I'd rather just get more Barakamon anime and watch that instead.
    Naru and company were a major part of what made Barakamon so good, so it's not that surprising that this show isn't quite the same. I'm actually glad you posted this since Saturdays are pretty stacked, so I'm happy to make some cuts to what to watch over the weekend. ReLife pulling a netflix and dumping the whole season at once is messing with getting on track this season.

I totally stopped watching Handa-kun because they spent the first like 10-15 minutes on some stupid shit. If it wasn't for this topic I wouldn't even know it had a Barakamon connection so they're off to an awful start.

Maybe I'll actually give a shit by episode 2, but I doubt it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast