+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy

Episode 1 came out of the Future Arc (series is split into future arc [Finale to DR 1 + 2] and despair arc [Prequel to DR2]). So far it seems more grim then DR 1 and 2 if you've played the games, but it was a decent start to the situation they are building.

Wouldn't recommend watching if you have yet to play/watch DR 1 + 2 (since this is technically the conclusion to the trilogy).

For those that have, here's a chart that I found online that shows off our new members of the final killing game.

My thoughts on the episode

Spoiler: show
    Was nice to see how the remnants of despair actually looked like and how they carried Junko's Will that wasn't shown. Also it shows that Junko's group was more of a terrorist organization that she made, while the Teachers/Former students of Hope's Peak created their own organization to oppose them.

Also rip housekeeper lady (although I suspect she may pull a Junko on them). Also rip no Byakuya/Genocide Jill .

Edit: Ep. 1 of Despair Arc came out today, decided to throw my thoughts on DR3 Despair Arc as an edit on this instead of a new post since it is technically the same Anime, just the Despair side as opposed to the Hope Side.

Don't read if you haven't played DR2.

Holy shit! Chiaki was a real student after all! They made her out to be just the guardian program of the hope restoration program, but I guess Chihiro based her on one of their classmates (who is probably dead since she wasn't with the other Remnants of Despair in DR2, at least physically). Also her words to Hajime and their budding relationship explains why she alone was able to reach him in end of DR2 to turn away from the person that Hope's Peak Academy made him and turn to Hope. Also apparently Housekeeper lady that was in DR3 Hope Arc was their teacher and very curious as to what she meant by "seeing herself die a second time" means at the beginning of the narration of the prequel. Also the headquarters of the Future Foundation was the overseas Hopes Peak Academy they were building so obviously Hope Arc will be going through another HS.

Also bitching to see the whole DR2 cast acting their zanny selves again, this time animated, really grew attached to the cast after midway through DR2. Looking forward to this Arc more then Hope tbh, very curious to see how Junko warps them into becoming her Remnants of Despair. Also really loved the Opening, think it fits much better then the Opening for Hope Arc.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Kuromukuro

Continues to be the sleeper hit from last season for me. There's an actual developed plot which keeps moving just when you think it's stagnating into a filler episode. Can't wait to find out just what the deal is with the aliens and demons.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Still can't recommend the show to anyone new to the series (PLAY THE GAMES) but since I know the story already, I don't mind the anime.
    As someone who has played the series multiple times, I couldn't make it through the first few episodes. The animation quality was just... bleh.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Mob Psycho 100 Ep1

The best thing in here is the visuals and animation. Studio Bones did an amazing job with One's art. I didn't enjoy the first episode as much as i did the first one in One Punch Man.

^
    OPM cameo

Taboo Tattoo Ep2

Did the author watch anything beside other anime shows when creating this series?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Overall this a good season with stuff I'm excited to watch each week. Thunderbolt Fantasy is the show of season. The fight scenes are incredible, the puppet work is amazing and the show just oozes with great visual style and direction. I find it very funny Gen Urobuchi went to Taiwan, saw this puppetry in work and basically went back to Nitro Plus and begged them to do this series.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    Overall this a good season with stuff I'm excited to watch each week. Thunderbolt Fantasy is the show of season. The fight scenes are incredible, the puppet work is amazing and the show just oozes with great visual style and direction. I find it very funny Gen Urobuchi went to Taiwan, saw this puppetry in work and basically went back to Nitro Plus and begged them to do this series.
    I checked this one out too it's freaking amazing.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic View Post
    As someone who has played the series multiple times, I couldn't make it through the first few episodes. The animation quality was just... bleh.
    It's not the best now, but it has improved a bunch

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Wow, should not have watched re:Zero 15 before bed last night. It was like watching a Tim Burton nightmare in real time.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I know they're only 5 minute shorts, but if you aren't watching Saiki Kusou no Nan, you should be.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    I know they're only 5 minute shorts, but if you aren't watching Saiki Kusou no Nan, you should be.
    This one has a weird release. They aired the first five shorts, then combined them to make a full length 'recap' episode with some added material. Seems like they'll be doing that every five eps for the entire season.

If it continues it's definitely going to be one of the best of the season. Shit was funny.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So Onara Gorou... 3 minute clip of one weirdest shows I've seen. A giant talking fart teaches some delinquents what a fart is in order to get them to stop being bad? Then some idols dance and sing the ending with said fart. I aint even kidding. Fucking Japan man

Bananya - Cat that lives in a banana the anime. Head sticks out while it hops on the banana part. Kind of cute though because well cats. Also a short so like a quick dose of cute

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Battery looks like it could be good. It's not flashy like Diamond no Ace, but I hope it can bring the hype.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Regalia 2: Okay, I'm giving this show another chance.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Rewrite episode 3:

Did the main protagonist always have powers or did I miss the part when he revealed he had them? That kinda came out of nowhere with no explanation.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kang View Post
    Rewrite episode 3:

Did the main protagonist always have powers or did I miss the part when he revealed he had them? That kinda came out of nowhere with no explanation.
    He's only hinted at it. When he was dealing with the weird monster thing in the first episode, he talked to himself about what he could do and whether he'd have to resort to something. Also, when talking to the witch girl, she asked if he was certain supernatural things exist and he made an expression suggesting he knows more than he's letting on.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Okay thanks for clearing that up. It must've been so subtle that I missed it lol

Welp, think the point of this week's episode of Re Zero was to emphasize all the Queen Candidates are assholes.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Subaru is also a short-tempered, naive, mad, idiot though.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So calling Days incredible after the first episode was definitely an over statement. Series is nice but doesn't compare to incredible sports anime (like Haikyuu, YowaPedal, Hajime no Ippo, etc etc). I look forward to it every week for sure but I don't get hyped up for it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast