1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 30 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 30 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Old post and someone may have addressed it by now but here it goes anyway... PotD honestly looks like it's going in the opposite direction in terms of social impact. I mean, you get 2 save slots and the second you enter with a group you have to continue going with that group, otherwise you need to wipe the save and start over since those people you entered with are linked to the save. It's hot fucking garbage and futher exacerbates the issue I have with raiding in this game: it is extremely contained and unfriendly to social interaction and expansion.
    Yup, this one thing is gonna kill this content and it doesn't even remotely make sense why'd they'd limit it like that. Even xi Nyzul Isle you could piggyback off 1 guy's save and while NI certainly had issues, this wasn't one of them.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't know why they didn't go with NI's setup of where you had to start off at your current floor or under it (to then progress past it) to work on your save as a group.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    I don't know why they didn't go with NI's setup of where you had to start off at your current floor or under it (to then progress past it) to work on your save as a group.
    Yoshi seems to really want to avoid doing anything XI did right yet still clearly pull concepts from it.

I mean, there's LITERALLY no reason to reset progress because you choose to go with someone other than whoever you decided to initially enter with...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Its because Nyzul Isle and Deep Dungeon have two different end objectives.

In Nyzul Isle you did the climb for:

• Progression's Sake (Which reduced the amount of WS Points for your Mythic WS)
    • Gearing at Floors 20, 40, 60, 80, and 100

In Deep Dungeon you'll be doing the climb for.

• Progression's Sake (Story Reveal)
    • EXP for whatever job you're on.
    • Glamour (We have no idea how it is currently obtained).

In deep dungeon we currently have no idea why we'd want to do floors 1-10 rather than floors 40-50. All we know that floors 1-40 will be sub lvl 60 and floors 41-50 will be at the current cap.

Deep Dungeon will likely have zero rewards for anyone who's capped all jobs at level60 unless they really want a glowly weapon glamour. Deep Dungeon will have very good rewards for adventurer's new to the game, adventurers who are looking to raise their secondary jobs to get useful skills like Mantra or Blood for Blood, or people who want to level up another job but don't want to bother gearing it.

Maybe we'll see the ilv245 Anima step this patch?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I'm hoping they add Umbrite to deep dungeon. Otherwise I'm expecting people to spam to 50, finish a glowing weapon and be done.

I wouldn't expect a raid lvl Anima until close to 4.0, like they did with Relics.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    I'm hoping they add Umbrite to deep dungeon. Otherwise I'm expecting people to spam to 50, finish a glowing weapon and be done.

I wouldn't expect a raid lvl Anima until close to 4.0, like they did with Relics.
    You actually had ilvl115 relic before final coil came out.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

In 2.0 you had i90 relics (Which were equivalent to the i90 allagan weapons before they got buffed).

In 2.38 you had the Nexus step. (Matched with High Allagan)

In 2.51 you got the Zodiac Zeta. (Matched with Dreadwyrm)

In 3.1 you got the Anima i210 (Matched with Godian)

Right now there's been no indications or hints at a i245 step for the anima series. The relics have always been competitive or superior (Depending on stat spread) late in a raid series. Essentially its the pre-echo buff to help curve the difficulty slightly.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    In 2.0 you had i90 relics (Which were equivalent to the i90 allagan weapons before they got buffed).

In 2.38 you had the Nexus step. (Matched with High Allagan)

In 2.51 you got the Zodiac Zeta. (Matched with Dreadwyrm)

In 3.1 you got the Anima i210 (Matched with Godian)

Right now there's been no indications or hints at a i245 step for the anima series. The relics have always been competitive or superior (Depending on stat spread) late in a raid series. Essentially its the pre-echo buff to help curve the difficulty slightly.
    Why would the dev team deviate from the pattern now though?

At this point if they say something to the contrary in interviews or Live Letters, just assume it's coming. lol

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Eludi View Post
    You actually had ilvl115 relic before final coil came out.
    Nope. Guarantee I remember our casual group finally getting past t11 because of the i115 weapon boost.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    Nope. Guarantee I remember our casual group finally getting past t11 because of the i115 weapon boost.
    Nexus was released 2.38, before final coil came out. You're probably thinking zodiac weapon (125) which came out 2.45.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

More likely we were just slow in getting them I guess. :D

Actually definitely would've been because I did NIN relic, which wasn't released at all till 2.4.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4