She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Trying to find a present for sis..and solve a annoying problem at the same time.

So okay. My brother got my middle sister a Roku to try to stop this, but it really hasn't stopped. (It's _slightly less annoying_ on the tube.)

When my sister got her new phone and a Kindle Fire, she started blasting this church talk that ends in a song about Jesus loves me and Gethsemane on her mobile devices. At least. Once. Every. Day. Now, I usually don't mind church/religious music, but the repetition is making me want to murder kittens. (I'm thinking about asking her to "turn that crap down!" next time to avoid the murder-kittens problem, but we'll see how that goes. I may get the water bottle ready, too.)

I'm thinking since I'll hear it any other way, the best solution is to see if I can find her a pair of headphones for Christmas, so need to find some deals on a decent set of wired over the ear cans that she'd prolly use, and that wouldn't be a big deal if they got sat on or something. Would anyone know of a good pair? Not willing to try bluetooth at this time, since I don't know if it'd work with the Kindle. ^^ Just; they have to be comfortable, and durable if they're a bit on the pricy side. (as in they could stand a very heavy lady sitting on them a few times in case they get where they shouldn't be. My sister is..no nice way to say this..kinda fat.)

I figure a good deal may take some time to find, so any ideas, guys?

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What's your budget? I want to suggest Grados, since their design means they won't break when you sit on them because the cups twist fully.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'd say about $20-$50, I'd go a little more if they're good/durable, but I don't see a reason for really expensive ones unless you're a audiophile, and we aren't. (Tho I'll pay a decent amount for a durable headset. If you can believe it, I went though way too many cheapies, so I believe in quality there; and you sometimes have to lay down the money for quality/durable there, and I think headphones are the same way unless you just don't care. I care in this case since she won't easily be able to replace'em like I can.)

So yeah, I hope that explains it?

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

https://www.amazon.com/Grado-SR60e-H...keywords=grado

The SR-60's are $80. If you look at this design, you'll notice that they will just twist so the earcup lays flat if someone sits on them.

I have had a pair of SR-80's (the next model up) for over 10 years and they are still going strong. By comparison I've broken about 4-5 pairs of computer headsets in that time before I got a stand-alone mic and started using my Grados as my computer headphones as well.

The only thing to keep in mind is that these are open ear so you don't want to have them playing too loud in a quiet area like the quiet car or a library.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That prolly will work. I'll talk to a brother so we can split the price; I think he'll agree, better pay more for headphones we won't have to replace for her than cheapies that will break after she sits on them by accident. (And I won't deny, accidents happen.)

And as long as you don't hear it two rooms away I'm happy, and hopefully she'll be happy too.