BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    14 charges you a monthly fee for each additional retainer you have over the normal limit(you generally need more to store gear and crafting mats depending on how you play) and they are shying away from constantly reintroducing event gear and just putting it up on the cash shop. If you did the Lightning Fate and got the Lightning/Snow gear then you are good, if you missed it after the few times they did it(think it was 2 or 3) then only option atm is to buy it.

On this addition even though I stopped playing 11 recently, not really cool with it. The security token was a one time fee and it applies to any account under my SE name, so when I started dual boxing I got the extra space too. If they at least made it a one time charge to cover all accounts under 1 SE name that'd be fine, but you can't spit out bottom of the barrel content in Ambuscade and then charge extra after hamstringing us on inventory under the guise of PS2 limitations for years now that the game is at the tail-end of its long run, especially when multiboxing is more prominent now. Minus the retainer thing the 14 cash shop is at least purely for aesthetic changes or stuff people missed from previous events
    welp support for PS2 stoped in march soooooo
    I dont know this is leaving a very bad taste in my mouth coupled with the shit ambuscade is and the other stuff we got since march ended rhapsodys :/

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

This wouldn't be nearly as annoying if it was just a one time fee (even though I'm still mostly against the idea of microtransactions, especially in games still charging a monthly fee). I know this game is probably really in need of money at this point, but this just seems really meh.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I actually think it's a good point in the game's lifespan to add a cash shop seeing as the content has dried up. The reoccurring fee for storage is still bullshit, though.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Oy vey.

Now just wait for
    -$2.00/month Trust Stat Boost
    -$2.00/month Double Experience Points
    -$4.00/month Double Capacity Points
    -$2.00/month Double Bayld
    -$2.00/month Double Incursion Coffers
    -$2.00/month Double Eschan Silt
    -$2.00/month Double Eschan Beads
    -$4.00/month All Mog Tablet Kupowers
    -$2.00/month Mog Garden double stars/extra rearing shit
    -$2.00/month full access to all Ciphers
    -$2.00/month full access to all Ambuscade battlefields and rewards
    -$2.00/month full access to all Login Points items

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Haven't played since the conclusion of Rhapsodies, has the zoning lag gotten better? There was only 1 wardrobe back then, now you could have 4. It'd be pretty frustrating to pay extra money just to take nearly a full minute+ to zone in.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

The fees need to be lowered somehow.. Maybe tie in a discount if you have the token? I would bet that a lot of us would be fine with $1 each, but $2 seems a bit silly to me.

I find it ironic that they add 3 new wardrobes after the hoopla they made over the restructuring of inventory loading just a little while ago.. I would be more interested if they were offering Safe3 instead of Wardrobe4, mainly due to loading concerns.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

@ Malithar
    Its never taken a full minute+ for me to zone in (maybe im jsut lucky). although on the xbox there was this thing where the game would pause for 5-10 seconds after zoning, usually about 10-20 seconds after the zone.

But they have changed the way things load. When not in moghouse your invo and bags u can access anywhere load first. when in moghouse your safe and storages load first. also we have safe 2 now. You can equip LSes from you sack/satchel now but I found if i put it in my gobbie bag i can talk really fast after zoning, where as before it was like 10-20 second wait sometimes. Also they added two icons for when your stuff is loadin in the upper corner and they dont want you to open the equip menu until that part loads now for somereason.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

the amount of loading bezween zoning depends on your chat: amount of items KIs quests etc etc.y main has a significant longer load time then my mule on the same PC

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Haven't played since the conclusion of Rhapsodies, has the zoning lag gotten better? There was only 1 wardrobe back then, now you could have 4. It'd be pretty frustrating to pay extra money just to take nearly a full minute+ to zone in.
    The fun part is that probably you'd get the additional zoning time regardless of you buying those 2 repositories or not :'D

Zoning time got much better btw. Well "much" is very subjective, but it got better regardless.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It doesn't depend on your number of KIs, just items.

It's much better now than it was even back when we only had Wardrobe 1.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Like everyone else has said, I wouldn't mind paying a one time fee but this is annoying. The wardrobe would be mainly convenience because unless you a ton of jobs and like to have tons of vanity sets (like I do) then you won't even need the extra space at all. My main concern isn't the price but what they will do in the future. I hate to see exclusive content go to a cash shop like newly designed mounts or trusts and I would hate to see old event items there too. I could see for F2P game but not for a game I'm already paying for.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Shit been busy so didn't see this... damn thought the guys in my ls were joking. Cause this idea is a joke

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Tanag View Post
    SE have lost their god damn minds.
    Nope, they seen how fast and quick the XIV crowd tosses money at their microtransactions so SE figured "Let's do it to the XI players." I personally don't care, it's not like I'm hurting for money irl and if I need these 2 I'll gladly get it, but I don't need it currently.

It's kind of funny and refreshing to see how fast people in the XI community will shrug it off, rather than bend over and beg SE to give them even more microtransactions ala XIV community.

Despite the "slippery slope" of micro transactions, I'd have far more faith in what would be in XI's than I do with XIV simply because a lot of XIV stuff is recycled junk from 1.x days they didn't want to reimplement or somehow not able to toss onto an NPC like XI does most events. (Basically forcing use of the mog station.)

They did give us quite a few expansions for free in terms of storage space, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised a subfee decrease is actually on the horizon because reduced fee+2mw = back to original price a month.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Like everyone else has said, I wouldn't mind paying a one time fee but this is annoying. The wardrobe would be mainly convenience because unless you a ton of jobs and like to have tons of vanity sets (like I do) then you won't even need the extra space at all. My main concern isn't the price but what they will do in the future. I hate to see exclusive content go to a cash shop like newly designed mounts or trusts and I would hate to see old event items there too. I could see for F2P game but not for a game I'm already paying for.
    I dont mind if they go to a cash grab function, as long as it doesnt change anything else, or it doesnt detract from anything else and it can be used to benefit those who dont have much playtime or are coming back.

2$ for double ambuscade rewards? Some people might go for that if it means getting thru ambuscade that much faster. Presuming 3 boxing VD normal, it takes me 45 runs to get a +1 salv body (incl 2 seals). Each run is about 7-8 min, and its an extra 5-6 min running around getting new KI. Lets just say 15 min to make it an easy number to math. If double rewards saves me from having to do 20 runs, thats ~5 hours saved to do other stuff.

Now if its 2 bucks for a seal and they remove the seal from total hallmarks and the monthly RoE, then SE can fuck off

2$ for a month of double cp? Id strongly consider it. Even at 4$ id weigh pros/cons. How much time do you spend boringly grinding CP?

Now if its 2$ for a facility ring, and they remove rings from escha boxes and login campaign, then SE can fuck right off.

2$ to get double or triple coalition credit for a month? Doesnt it take 150ish days to get all to legend? If you could put a serious dent in it, would you not?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Why not make the game F2P at that point?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Why not make the game F2P at that point?
    Because theyll probably wind up taking everything away if its f2p

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Yes but at that point you damage the game in a way that you can't turn back from and stray from FFXI roots entirely. If that's the case people could just buy Gil and have a merc spam the ambuscade for them while they afk, why even play the game at all? Speeding things up lowers content shelf life and causing people to quit faster. It fosters an environment like FFXIV and its theme park style.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

If that's the case people could just buy Gil and have a merc spam the ambuscade for them while they afk, why even play the game at all?
    Well, the people who want to play like this already are and have been for years

It would look pretty bad for SE to have combatted RMT all these years and then turn around and endorse the same kind of playstyle they were banning before as soon as they needed the cash lol

Campaign
    BG Level

Exactely my point.
    If they turn FFXI f2p or greatly reduce the monthly fee, then it's all good.
    But if they keep the basic price + price for every toon AND they add a cash shop, then it's a no no from me, they won't see a single penny from me as my tiny, silly, useless way to protest agaisnt something I personally judge negative for the health of the game and its population.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Yes but at that point you damage the game in a way that you can't turn back from and stray from FFXI roots entirely. If that's the case people could just buy Gil and have a merc spam the ambuscade for them while they afk, why even play the game at all? Speeding things up lowers content shelf life and causing people to quit faster. It fosters an environment like FFXIV and its theme park style.
    "Speeding things up" is exactly why people are requesting SE to remove the real life day waits on certain content. I mean, while XI was in its prime I didn't mind the waits, for example unlocking Samurai because the atmosphere of the world it felt like it legit took time to make the katana. From a gameplay perspective? Sure it may annoy some people, from a lore and storytelling perspective ala RPG? It was fine. But now that MMOs are supposed to be fast paced and "themeparks" it's not surprising for people to want things to be faster.

No one really complained about the Rhapsodies key items that significantly changed your progression from the get go in XI, let alone if you were already established. In the end though, you can't really blame SE for trying to do it with their other MMOs after their playerbase proven they love tossing money at the mog station for XIV. While XI is quite the different game, I think in terms of cash shops it's largely accepted that unless it's P2W it's truly not that big of a deal. I have no need for a 3rd or 4th Mog Wardrobe, most people don't unless they're capped off on every job mastered. Hell I barely needed the 2nd one they added, so like it truly is optional in all sense of the word, it's not like XIV where the "optional services" were actually required because god forbid they fix that server infrastructure, content base or forget about all the money to be made on it if they just let you craft those dyes or add previous event rewards to the NPCs during the new event like XI does with the moogles.

But hey.

I wouldn't be opposed to paying extra a month for more perks, similar to what I do with PSO2 (though PSO2 is more of a pseudo Freemium), like exampled $2 for boosts in older content? That may be seen as "bad" to players who already went through it but then there's players like myself who weren't in on the up and up when Escha was the new content..thus near impossible to actually fully experience that content with everyone more focused on Ambuscade or Rei stuff. Players just joining or returning are at a severe disadvantage due to the way the progession works now - Someone who returned from early days of Seekers will be utterly useless in every content and even CP farming until they're caught up..yet can't get caught up unless they do x,y,z events which also requires having JP/Gifts which is a huge struggle to get if you're fresh into the ilvl progression.

It took me a loooooooong time to actually get to a "useful level" when I returned, so having a way to "speed up the catch up process" in that regard I see working quite well for XI, mog wardrobe 3 and 4 is just a start but honestly, I just won't be surprised if they do go that route. The sub fee will likely be reduced long before they do anything like that though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast