Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Or rather not gaining a subscription in this case. It's the active subscribers that can make a vote here, not someone who hasn't been playing, as I don't think SE expects to gain many new subscribers with this move

Quote Originally Posted by Helldemon View Post
    So would you lose access to gear that's in the wardrobe or would you just not be able to swap stuff out? Putting gear that you wouldn't ever need to remove could work too.
    Would take a month to test, but as it stands now, you can access them, but you can't put anything in them unless you pay. Which makes me wonder if what you said would work. Pay for a month, load them with stuff, don't pay and see if it works. I could see this working, as I feel like SE is THAT stupid enough to do something like this. So, guess we'll see in a month.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

You could test with an expired locker, if someone has one

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Think mine is lasting until next summer. >.>

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    You could test with an expired locker, if someone has one
    You can't equip stuff directly from a locker, so what an expired locker does doesn't really help us know if you could do that from an expired wardrobe.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Put one bronze coin in locker, wait 5 days, test it?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Test what? The thing people are wondering about isn't even an aspect of the locker. We already know that you can't take stuff out of expired lockers (and thus the same likely applies to expired wardrobes), but that's not what we're talking about.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Yes it is though
    "Can you lockstyle stuff thats in unaccessable storage"

If you have a mule with an expired locker, pay a bronze coin, lockstyle some shit, then see if its still lockstyled in 5 days when it expires (or 7, but who only has their locker accessible in whitegate)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Most of the other people here are talking about using the gear in actual equipment sets, not just lockstyle.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helldemon Ffxi
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Actually that might work as a test? Equipping gear to lockstyle requires you to go into locker from the equipset menu and select the gear to equip. If you can select the gear to go into your /equipset it may still be able to be used in one? Sorry if I sound dumb, idk much about coding.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

MICROTRANSACTIONS AHOY! Optional Fee-based Storage Expansion (30/06/2016)

What makes you think that SE will let you pay 2 bucks to open a wardrobe, store 80 pieces of gear that you know will get buried with your character, then cancel that wardrobe and let the gear still be usable?
    Even if it is bugged and works like that, you know SE will patch it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Helldemon View Post
    Actually that might work as a test? Equipping gear to lockstyle requires you to go into locker from the equipset menu and select the gear to equip. If you can select the gear to go into your /equipset it may still be able to be used in one? Sorry if I sound dumb, idk much about coding.
    My suggestion was exactly that, a baseline test if you can use locked items for lockstyle, nothing more.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Even if you could access lockstyle from an inventory that you cannot remove or access items from anymore it is very likely that they would patch it quickly to avoid the abuse.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It actually states tou can lockstyle stuff on the website with an expired paylocker. Could see people paying the 2 dollars and using them to store event stuff or special items then just letting it expire and use them exclusively as stylelock storage.

I still dont like the idea of paid storage in FFXI. Not against them adding a shop for event items, glamours or ciphers that are not the flavour of the month but after ffxi being a sub only mmo for all of its existence this idea does not sit well with me expecially considering how hard pressed storage is normally.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Yea it explicitly says you can lockstyle from an expired wardrobe, I dont think its something they are overlookin and would patch later.
    (sorry tabs didnt stick)
    Code:
    Limitations on expired contracts

Mog Wardrobe 3 and Mog Wardrobe 4 contracts that have expired will have the following limitations placed on them.

Function					Active	Expired
    Storing of Items				Y		N
    Maintenance of Stored Items			Y		Y
    Removing of Items				Y		N
    Item List Display				Y		Y
    Equipping of Items				Y		N
    Ability of Equipment to Remain Equipped		Y		N
    Style Lock Functionality			Y		Y
    Editing of Equipment Sets			Y		Y
    Equipping of Equipment Sets			Y		N

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    I like how there exist people in other places rationalizing the inclusion of microtransactions. They're failing to realize that this is the foot in the door and it will only get worse. We've seen it evolve in XIV (paying for content that you've already funded most of the development for with the required monthly service fee) and we'll end up seeing it happen here too.

Yea, the items are optional. No, you probably don't need them right now. But ignoring how slippery that slope you're riding down is is a great way to break your neck.
    Yea but ppl said the same back during the 3 'add ons' that were terrible $/content, and the token itself which you could deactivate and keep the satchel. It caused an uproar back then out of fears of P2W

To me the graver offense is charging the same monthly fee for basically no more (and sometimes less) development than an offline game. Little things like purchasing cosmetics and bag space i always defended in otherwise F2P games like guild wars, but in a game with a monthly fee already AND no practically new content on top of that, it's total bullshit. I do believe this will cause some to quit and leave them with bitter taste re: the company, because already no one believes the "we have to keep monthly fees to keep the servers up" line. Any goodwill from their RoV "finale" is starting to wear thin

SE is heading down this path where their only customers will be the terribly addicted and the wealthy. Really not sustainable at all, but they don't know what else to do, because for a decade they've been a bullshit company incapable of creating actual content that they believe justifies the investment. When you start depending on cost cutting and cheap tricks to drive long-term video game customers, you're fucked

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Problem with those is that they wouldn't necessarily bring reliable income month to month. With this, if a good number of people get on board with it, they lower the bar for minimum subscriptions required to keep the game viable. Maybe subscriptions have dropped to the point where that's a concern.
    please, a lot of people urged them as soon as RoV announced to switch to F2P with cash shop to keep the game afloat with fewer subs. This model works for many other games and would be justifiable from consumer point of view

instead they keep the fees AND cash shop? This is only proof their greed is operating at an insane level, as i can think of no other game with practically no new content that does this (although 14 is heading down this route, such is a bullshit company)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    tell me howany different augmented ambuscade does your main job have? prolly 3-4 and there is still potential for more capes. Now think about SE adding augmentable rings (need 2) earrings (need 2) belt and neck. this alone with sll the augments you want would fill 40-60 slots for one job
    then that MIGHT justify keeping my sub active, but i would expect the wardrobe thrown in then as well, not an extra $4/mo in perpetuity even after i've acquired all those damn gear. When has this EVER happened in this game, or any game? The 1 cape/month limitation is cheap enough on their end. They get rid of reentry timers like dynamis then slap on more, good grief

I mean without the extra space, keeping the sub active in pursuit of that gear is worthless so if your prediction comes true they should be honest and advertise the sub as $17/mo...then we'll see how many customers they lose

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Nope, they seen how fast and quick the XIV crowd tosses money at their microtransactions so SE figured "Let's do it to the XI players." I personally don't care, it's not like I'm hurting for money irl and if I need these 2 I'll gladly get it, but I don't need it currently.

It's kind of funny and refreshing to see how fast people in the XI community will shrug it off, rather than bend over and beg SE to give them even more microtransactions ala XIV community.

Despite the "slippery slope" of micro transactions, I'd have far more faith in what would be in XI's than I do with XIV simply because a lot of XIV stuff is recycled junk from 1.x days they didn't want to reimplement or somehow not able to toss onto an NPC like XI does most events. (Basically forcing use of the mog station.)

They did give us quite a few expansions for free in terms of storage space, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised a subfee decrease is actually on the horizon because reduced fee+2mw = back to original price a month.
    Xi playerbase has always been different from today's 'my little pony' cosmetic garbage. In the past we'd stigmatize these people as weekend warriors, we valued earning status and loot and abhorred P2W and gilbuyers, but that's exactly what 14 and other MMO caters to

It's just amazing they think the players still clinging to XI will embrace this now. The reason you'd still pay full sub for a game like this is because you reject the model in other games

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Yes but at that point you damage the game in a way that you can't turn back from and stray from FFXI roots entirely. If that's the case people could just buy Gil and have a merc spam the ambuscade for them while they afk, why even play the game at all? Speeding things up lowers content shelf life and causing people to quit faster. It fosters an environment like FFXIV and its theme park style.
    yes and after SE starts selling 1mil/$2 we'll all look back and remember the days they use to ban gil buyers and even the occasional seller who would ruin our sky farming!

this betrayal just leaves a bitter taste to their loyal playerbase who have a much longer memory than the suits at SE, it's really unwise

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Well, the people who want to play like this already are and have been for years

It would look pretty bad for SE to have combatted RMT all these years and then turn around and endorse the same kind of playstyle they were banning before as soon as they needed the cash lol
    inb4 cash shop equivalent to "myproject", flee, and apradar for $6/mo, and 'get out of STF jail card' for $5 a pop

yeah this reeks of corporate short sighted pigheadness, the same kind of trash that's made them a bullshit company for near a decade now

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast