Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

MICROTRANSACTIONS AHOY! Optional Fee-based Storage Expansion (30/06/2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    They cut back on development to a noticeable degree and have no more storylines/expansions while charging the same amount of money and expect me to willingly pay more? Not happening.
    this pretty much. Sorry but this fee is right out bullshit.

no story or bigger things that justofy the high monthly subscription and now this. Nope not gonna happen. and this is bad because inventory space is alot more tied to your gameplay performance in 11. I wouldnt give a shit if it was lockstyle armor but this is just sad.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Give us some real content that isn't ambushit and make it a one-time fee and I might consider it. SE is out of their minds if they think I'm going to pay an entire extra months worth of fees (cause I 3-box) for some extra inventory.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander
    WoW Realm
    Doomhammer

SE have lost their god damn minds.

If they are hurting for money they should add some more 1 time fee items like race changes or cosmetic mounts. Inventory isn't really even much of an issue these days. I can't see many people using this unless it became a 1 time fee.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    the herald of the end times.

now they're really milking XI
    My exact thought when I saw this this morning

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Tanag View Post
    If they are hurting for money they should add some more 1 time fee items like race changes or cosmetic mounts.
    Problem with those is that they wouldn't necessarily bring reliable income month to month. With this, if a good number of people get on board with it, they lower the bar for minimum subscriptions required to keep the game viable. Maybe subscriptions have dropped to the point where that's a concern.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzii View Post
    Give us some real content that isn't ambushit and make it a one-time fee and I might consider it. SE is out of their minds if they think I'm going to pay an entire extra months worth of fees (cause I 3-box) for some extra inventory.
    I really doubt that SE chose the price they did based on people who multi-box, and I'm not even sure they know just how (relatively) common it is.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I doubt we'll ever get anymore *FREE* substantial content. I can see them doing mini-expansions like they did years ago and charge a small fee for each (the cost would go towards hiring a few extra temporary programmers/developers to make them). It seems like the current devs are trying their best to develop new battle content that is using current resources (models, music, maps), while reusing old equipment skins, but just giving them new stats. There are a few dozen abilities/spells they could eventually give players that have been in the .dats for years, I wish they would start doing those. Melee jobs didn't get any JAs through Job Points, just traits, would have been cool if they had gotten a new ability or two like how mages got new spells.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Hahahahahahaha. Hahaha. Ha.

Any potential interest I might have had in returning to this game (and trust me, there was quite a bit) has gone completely out the window.

GTFO with this shit.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I'm actually OK (read; indifferent) with this - who actually needs more storage at this point?

I'm not sure why they would even consider this, unless they had some planned content to fill those wardrobes.

The only thing I can think of currently is that giving EVERYONE wardrobe 3 and 4 would take a huge hit on zone-loading, so by making it premium content, only those that REALLY need it, will pay for it.

I do hope this is not replacing (too lazy to implement) Mog-storage slips as a future option though.

also... game is dead.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Additional storage would seem to indicate more new gear coming. At least outside of SE's bizarro-world they've lived in for the past 11 years. We all know that isn't happening so....why? What's going to change that is going to require additional bag space beyond what people are dealing with now?

I'm not 100% against this, however again, slipper slope. I can see a month or two down the road:

LS lead: "ok has everyone paid their $4.95 to do this BC?"

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

After thinking about it, if this was $1/mo then I might get it for my main. I could move out of most of my mog house and have ~80 free inventory spaces all the time.

$4/mo is just ridiculous though.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Additional storage would seem to indicate more new gear coming. At least outside of SE's bizarro-world they've lived in for the past 11 years. We all know that isn't happening so....why? What's going to change that is going to require additional bag space beyond what people are dealing with now?

I'm not 100% against this, however again, slipper slope. I can see a month or two down the road:

LS lead: "ok has everyone paid their $4.95 to do this BC?"
    tell me howany different augmented ambuscade does your main job have? prolly 3-4 and there is still potential for more capes. Now think about SE adding augmentable rings (need 2) earrings (need 2) belt and neck. this alone with sll the augments you want would fill 40-60 slots for one job

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

As someone that hasn't played in a while, the ambuscade cape system looks really dumb. Grind out an int/macc/mab cape for blu, than grind out an int/macc/mab cape for blm, than grind out an int/macc/mab cape for sch, etc.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    I really doubt that SE chose the price they did based on people who multi-box, and I'm not even sure they know just how (relatively) common it is.
    My point wasn't that it's inconvenient for multiboxers, that was just a personal complaint. My point was that they've done absolutely nothing to warrant a 25% increase in monthly fees for some inventory. This would be a non-problem if it was a flat 1-time payment of say, $10

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Oh fuck this shit to hell.

SE needs to quit with the doubling up on sub fee+charging for extra shit.

I know there are going to be some people who pay this. But I really hope it ends up being few enough people that they rethink this policy for XI. I know it works for XIV but I came back to XI to get away from XIV's bullshit and now it seems they're trying to clone aspects of XIV into XI.

No sir, I will not stand for it.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Please look forward to the addition of trusts, cosmetic items and other crap that is either no longer available due to one time experience or whatever being added to a cash shop system.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I dropped XIV ages ago, what are they doing over there? (Since I've seen ppl mention it a bunch here)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

If this were a series of one-time payments or cost a dollar/month, it would be fine. But to pay $3 more for convince and less space than muling, no, not worth it. I like what SWTOR does by charging players either in-game currency or cash shop for player and account wide storage. For early storage expansions it's cheaper to use in-game, but for later it works out as a better deal to pay real money. I think that sort of system would be more gladly accepted versus what they currently offer.

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    I dropped XIV ages ago, what are they doing over there? (Since I've seen ppl mention it a bunch here)
    14 charges you a monthly fee for each additional retainer you have over the normal limit(you generally need more to store gear and crafting mats depending on how you play) and they are shying away from constantly reintroducing event gear and just putting it up on the cash shop. If you did the Lightning Fate and got the Lightning/Snow gear then you are good, if you missed it after the few times they did it(think it was 2 or 3) then only option atm is to buy it.

On this addition even though I stopped playing 11 recently, not really cool with it. The security token was a one time fee and it applies to any account under my SE name, so when I started dual boxing I got the extra space too. If they at least made it a one time charge to cover all accounts under 1 SE name that'd be fine, but you can't spit out bottom of the barrel content in Ambuscade and then charge extra after hamstringing us on inventory under the guise of PS2 limitations for years now that the game is at the tail-end of its long run, especially when multiboxing is more prominent now. Minus the retainer thing the 14 cash shop is at least purely for aesthetic changes or stuff people missed from previous events

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

guess it worked enough in XIV for them to begin applying it elsewhere.

rip dreams. i will forever have my rose tinted glasses for this game.