A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

MICROTRANSACTIONS AHOY! Optional Fee-based Storage Expansion (30/06/2016)

In the July version update, we will be introducing Mog Wardrobe 3 and 4 as new optional fee-based storage systems.

We've heard from many of you that your bags are getting to be a touch cramped, and hope that the introduction of these optional, fee-based wardrobes will ease the burdens of adventurers who play a variety of jobs with large amounts of equipment.

Once again, these systems will be coming to Vana'diel in July.
    Link to the site

Basics: The fee is £1.40 / $2.00 for 30 days for either Mog Wardrobe 3 or Mog Wardrobe 4.
    * The fee is £2.80 / $4.00 for 30 days for both Mog Wardrobe 3 and Mog Wardrobe 4.

This contract applies to all characters on the same PlayOnline/FINAL FANTASY XI service account.
    Spoiler: show

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Somehow I don't see this going over well.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

A service account is the new term for POL account, from what I'm gathering from the SS's? So if I 3box, it would be 6$ extra / month per wardrobe?

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    A service account is the new term for POL account, from what I'm gathering from the SS's? So if I 3box, it would be 6$ extra / month per wardrobe?
    Yeah, that sounds about right. They do talk about Playonline/Service in the same breath, and I know that characters are dealt with per POL ID, similar in the screenshots. That would make it per POL ID, yeah.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I saw the Mog Wardrobe 3 and 4 banner and got happy as fuck!! I read further and then got sad. $4 extra per month isn't bad but I dunno how to feel about this yet. If much of the player base uses it and this somehow translate into a better game experience then I'll be happy. If not, well... shit!! I'll have to say SE fucking up.

Feels like since the game still going strong they wanna milk it good.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

They added what, mog sack, case, wardrobe 1, wardrobe 2, and safe 2 for free, but all of a sudden need to charge for wardrobe 3 and 4? Yeah, fuck off SE.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Would have highly preferred a 1 time fee tbh, similar to buying token for mog satchel.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

16.95/mo (+1 per additional character) per account for a 12-13 year old game. Kay.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Yeah, if it was a one time fee to unlock it would be fine but 2 bucks extra per wardrobe per month per account is just too much for... basically the benefit of not needing to move around gear at this point. Not worth it to me but maybe it is to some people.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Treize Kordero View Post
    I saw the Mog Wardrobe 3 and 4 banner and got happy as fuck!! I read further and then got sad. $4 extra per month isn't bad but I dunno how to feel about this yet. If much of the player base uses it and this somehow translate into a better game experience then I'll be happy. If not, well... shit!! I'll have to say SE fucking up.

Feels like since the game still going strong they wanna milk it good.
    Spoiler: show
    It won't. It'll result in Wardrobes 5 and 6 instead.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

They cut back on development to a noticeable degree and have no more storylines/expansions while charging the same amount of money and expect me to willingly pay more? Not happening.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I like how there exist people in other places rationalizing the inclusion of microtransactions. They're failing to realize that this is the foot in the door and it will only get worse. We've seen it evolve in XIV (paying for content that you've already funded most of the development for with the required monthly service fee) and we'll end up seeing it happen here too.

Yea, the items are optional. No, you probably don't need them right now. But ignoring how slippery that slope you're riding down is is a great way to break your neck.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I have 7 jobs Mastered and walk around 30/80 in my main inventory most of the time. SE needs to up their content game if they want me to pay for more inventory.

But yeah, bad precedent to set.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I've got extremely mixed feelings about this, as I've never been fond of microtransactions.

Then again, this might lead to other services such as cosmetic changes to our character, which might help me get rid of the Hume emo-face I picked twelve years ago when I was 14.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Oh boy.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I could understand if this went along with them significantly lowering sub fees, but by itself it's just pathetic. They clearly put almost no effort/resources into this game anymore, but not only are they still charging the same monthly fee, they want some people to pay even more for it?

inb4 cash shop trusts, mounts, glow weapon skins, etc.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

the herald of the end times.

now they're really milking XI

Bacon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

If this is a precursor to additional *free* content (or a surprise expansion - yeah... not gonna happen, but I can dream), I'll support it. Until I see that it is - LOLNO

Yeah, gets a big fat nope from me unless they lower the game to like $5-8/mo, if not outright F2P.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Cost is too high. Were it a dollar or something, then it could replace paying for a mule for a lot of folks (albeit with fewer bonanza marbles/login point items/etc). At $4 - when most people are only using one main character per account - it's too much. Maybe they've seen a reduction in additional character subscriptions with past inventory expansions, and want to counter it?

My accounts are dormant as of last week anyway, but this does not bode well for the game going forward.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast