Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Show setups (gear and hones)
    Spoiler: show

Only reason I have Yuffie in the party really is for the instant heal; she also does more damage than adding another mage and does significantly better than when I had Cid in the party with the 2 new dragoon moves. Vincent is the MVP for sure since one Dark Zone does 16k. Overall Reno's damage is pretty meh but my only alternatives are Cloud with Cross Slash, Sephiroth with Shadow Flare, or Zack with Rush Assault.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Auspice View Post

Only reason I have Yuffie in the party really is for the instant heal; she also does more damage than adding another mage and does significantly better than when I had Cid in the party with the 2 new dragoon moves. Vincent is the MVP for sure since one Dark Zone does 16k. Overall Reno's damage is pretty meh but my only alternatives are Cloud with Cross Slash, Sephiroth with Shadow Flare, or Zack with Rush Assault.
    With the gear you have do a setup like corwen did, should be fine

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Auspice View Post

A few tips:
    -For this fight, I would strongly recommend RW wall because his damage output is insane without it. Even with it its still rough, though having yuffie's medica should be a big help. Single target haste can be used as a substitute to a hastega assuming you lack Red's hastega.
    -Dispel really adds no value to this fight. The frequency of counter haste is quite high and the difference between leaving him being hasted and not leaving him hasted is very slim, and not really worth an ability slot or throwing a bunch of turns to try to remove.
    -Yuffie is capable of running steal power, which will make up for the lack of shout's boost for her, as well as adding another valuable layer of mitigation as it serves as a power breakdown effect. Rank 2 is plenty enough if you dont have it.
    -Vincent would hit about 13% harder using Vivi's Devotion RM if you have it. Devotion is +20% MAG = ~+35% dmg vs +20% dmg from kuja's RM2, and the penalty is pretty insignificant if you're worried about that (equates to about 6% more damage taken).
    -If you have one, a shared sb item with shellga to trigger before pushing below 50% can help you survive a meteor or two. It's doable without, but you'd most likely need a fight where meteor isnt used at all in order to win.

Your hones are very solid. I do have a video of my run with a setup that doesn't pack any unique SBs aside from red's pseudo-ether which didn't matter at all on the previous 2 pages which may help. Main difference in my composition is i take a dedicated support (Red) instead of Reno, and relies on single target haste to haste the party so I can use wall.

Here is the party I cleared with for reference:

Vincent has wrong accessory equipped in this pic, use the synergy MAG+45 item you have on.

EDIT: Beaten

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Subbed Reno for Zack with Full Charge/Powerchain; gave Yuffie Power Steal, Cait Sith got haste(already had shared shellga relic), SG instead of shout, and got it on my 3rd try. Having the party hasted really made the difference since Vincent was able to get off a few more 9999 nukes before doom taking him out. Phew; glad that shit is over. Thanks for the tips everyone. :D

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Gonna have to try that with some of these setups, keep getting my ass kicked because I don't have good SB's on my FF7 characters.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I don't think I will even try with a synergy group. I have the synergy, but I'm like... Meh.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8