Page 11 of 85 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Think uppity? Lol no idea what yo mean, but his voice is okay, a masterpiece compared to whoever did the Chancellor.

So I was trying to explain and introduce these games to another friend of mine with 0 knowledge. I looked up the S-crafts for Cold Steel, not realizing I was watching a JP CS2 video... and

Seriously do not read if you haven't beaten this game yet. For the record, I am not saying anything specifically in the spoiler or even hinting, but this is a fair warning for those who want to be 100% shocked.

Spoiler: show
    I clicked just a bit too far and saw a character I think I absolutely was not suppose to see in our party. I am pretty damn disappointed at myself for ruining it by accident like that. I can't believe it and then again, CAN believe who I saw. Holy fucking shit this game is going to be amazing and I am only ending Act 1 Part 3. Plan on eating a full serving of humble pie this weekend, getting absolutely lifted and playing this like a madman. I shouldn't be too surprised though, the main guy behind the series says this is his absolute favorite now at this point.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Oh, I like his voice.

Just the "ha ha!". I don't know, I keep expecting a scene where someone says:

Person: I've been purloined! Phantom Thief B strikes again!
    Blue land: Haha-ha! ..Loins.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Lol. It's crazy but as I was telling my friend about ToCS. I am going to let him play it when I finish up CS2. I slowly started to realize that these characters had suddenly grown on me in this very different type of setting they are placed in. Dammit is this how all their games work? Its genius, pure evil genius.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Act 2 rage; edited for omfg moments in the intermission

Wow way to take the tension between Crow and Rean, and absolutely make it lame. Why are we having a picnic? Crow is a traitor and our enemy, where is it going with this crap? Also his back story was not as good as I thought it was going to be, I hope that was just bullshit because he did call it "run of the mill". Oh I get to casually stroll in and talk to all these enemies? Can we please get back to my group and getting stronger? I already know we don't stand a chance, this was established already a few times. Why am I half way through the game and this is still being thrown at us? Why isn't Rean seeking to train with his Master? He's a complete noob. Someone please tell me this game starts picking up quick, I just freaking reunited everyone and this bullshit happens, very disappoint. I know this scene is literally suppose to mirror Estelle on the enemies ship in SC to probe everyone in sight for back story or any info, but I think the timing is off and should have been done later. :/

Of course we aren't going to join you, gtfo of here! Pisses me off just thinking about such an insult of joining them. Best part though was Rean kicking Celine out this time.

Edit: So finally wrapped up the intermission and thank god this game dissolved all the worries above, I really hate how they do that though. This crap needs to stop, I want to level up already and destroy all these bitches. Rean finally able to use his power without losing his mind. Oliver and everyone saving the day was pretty amazing, the classic airship coming to the rescue was a great touch. I really hope we get to use Oliver at some point later. I still think Crow's back story was a bit lame, but I did like how he called Rean out to learn his sword style with Valimar and duel him again, so hoping that actually happens within this game. A lot of funny moments that happened especially with the Princess and also Altina accusing Rean of being a pervert for creeping up on her sleeping. Arseid coming out was also too good, what a line up of people. Great way to turn around the end of Act 1 and kick off Act 2, really hope this means I have an airship.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The intermission has been regarded as the best part of the game by a lot of people, which I agree with it. I understand why you might be annoyed by it but the premise of the game isn't nearly as black and white as Class VII vs The Big Bads. From the beginning, Class VII wasn't supposed to be on either side of the war, they're a third faction in the war. Rean can't entirely act on his own selfish desires when he's able to help reduce the number of causalities by ending the war more quickly. At the end of the day, all the Jaegers/Ouroboros/Crow etc. don't technically have any affiliation with the Noble Alliance and reaching their goals, they're just hired guns to help take over the country. They aren't paid to take down Class VII specifically, so if Rean isn't in their way, why bother? I didn't think Crow's backstory was bad either, it seemed realistic to me. Osborne basically humiliated his grandpa and made the last moments of his life utter shit by betraying him, and he was Crow's last family member so he's obviously attached to him like he would be his parents.

Anyway, I thought the intermission was a great way to develop the villains (which I thought they pulled off really well) and show the complexity of the situation.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Considering how far he went and how powerful he became, I kind of expected a darker story like Loewe's. It was alright. Yes this scene had to be the best so far. This can't be the best though.. Not after what I saw. I am currently working 40 more mins of overtime and cannot stop thinking about this moment and game. Can't wait to play. Also had a huge feeling there would be funny business surrounding the chancellor's corpse.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It's one of the better moments of the game, the finale is absolutely incredible though. I get where you're coming from with the Loewe thing but I think regardless of how they die, death is a pretty big motivator.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Yeah I guess I need to chill out with my expectations, no one is going to out badass Loewe. Silver Will is probably still the best damn theme overall, very fitting during the fights with him, I am glad they did not change it for SC. When it played at the end of FC after Cassius slices through the Ring Guardian, that was probably the most absolutely hype moment for me of the game, just finished it off with everyone's S-Crafts. The Steel Maiden and McBurn are definitely good contenders though, very interesting so far I really hope we actually end up seeing Arianhod, this cock tease is absolutely unbearable. I do love that they keep bringing her up more and more, but if all we get is her fan girl.. what a shame

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I dunno, I, for one, enjoy the fact that they're doing it because I can't help but grin when at your reactions you're mad one moment, then a badass scene makes you rethink it.

I think I was happy with Crow's backstory simply BECAUSE it wasn't overly complicated and he made it very clear. In some ways it's also a bit more complex: What happened with Loewe/Joshua/Hamil is absolutely tragic, while Crow's was like '..yeah, we benefited from it, but my gramps got screwed over'.. like one of those 'no one saw just how fucked up this really was'. The picnic was silly though, because I was like "..Did this asshole just try to buy me off with a McFish sandwich?" I do like how he basically threw in 'yeah I went through the same trials as you and the rest of Class VII did to get Valimar. ..Only by myself, ha ha ha ha scrub."

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Finally got out of the highlands. Yes I know I'm slow but been on Overwatch lately.

I had a fanboy moment getting Sharon into my party.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Y'know, I'm sad that they didn't remix this theme when the Jaeger's first showed up:

Was going to link the Evo version but..that one sounds weird.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Believe me man, I was praying they would use the Sophisticated Fight theme at some point when bracers like Toval and Sara joined up full time.

Did you guys catch that they reused this theme for Olivert in CS1? I thought it was cool, the whole time remembering the scene in SC and Estelle and gang's reactions.

Dammit, this popped up on the list. Hamel theme will forever get me in the feels. It's such a depressing and perfect theme for that moment, considering all that happened.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    Y'know, I'm sad that they didn't remix this theme when the Jaeger's first showed up:

Was going to link the Evo version but..that one sounds weird.
    Oh, you mean this?

teehee

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Whoa, good catch with that one Hito.

Think I got wooshed there Ramzii; about the only thing that theme brings to mind is 'huh..not bad but feels out of place in the game'.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It's the Jaegar theme for this game, you'll see at some point in Act 2 during a quest. I think it's similar in style to the one in SC but maybe I'm just losing my mind

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's vaguely similar; I did hear it, I just like SC's better. Something about that first 20 seconds of it or so.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

That theme really came out of nowhere for me and I loved it, has a pretty badass sound to it.

Is it just me or do the Jaegers feel a bit more of pushovers in Erebonia? Remember how extremely annoying they could be in FC and SC with chain revivals, then later in the game one of them gets aoe stun's that annoyed the shit out of me.

Act 2: Part 2 Thoughts:
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSS my favorite questionably bisexual monk is back! Lol she looks so awesome in that out fit, Nungelica. I like it, to think that I was iffy about her in the past. I guess this game really had a latent effect on me. I feel so overpowered now reaching level 90's and I just want to find a damn good sword for Valimar and an S-Craft for him as well.

Edit: Lmfao, literally 2 minutes after I typed this a following set of Jaegers came out and two with gigantic swords. This should be fun!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The Jaegers in SC weren't a joke, but the ones in this game can hit pretty hard if you're not careful. I imagine if you're playing on Hard or higher they'll be even more troublesome.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I thought this entire game was a joke on Hard compared to SC Hard. The bosses all hit way harder in this game, but when you have 3 party members that can spam AT Delay attacks pretty much infinitely, you win a lot of the fights without the enemy getting off a single turn

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

This fucking song has been playing for the Valimar fights and has been stuck in my damn head all day today. Is there any difference between the one in CS1 and CS2?

Crossbell games and / CS2 Act 2: Part 2 current plot discussion:

My god that fight against V in Valimar was amazing and intense. Is it just me or are these bosses becoming more and more assholes and sneaking in turns? I really had to pull some shit out of my ass to get my victory but it really felt good and the music just gets the hype over the fuckin limit.

So I notice that in the Crossbell games one of the big stories is that they kept on upgrading those big gundam type looking mechs throughout the series like we see in CS1-2 and they became way more powerful over a short period of time. It seems that Cold Steel is the very first game where the main character gets to finally take to it them. I feel a sense of relief for sure knowing that they addressed that humongous issue of these colossal shits giving our main characters from other games so much trouble and gave us a power like Valimar. Feels good man.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag