BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzii View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree, to be honest.

Spoiler: show
    I can forgive needing to be saved from McBurn because he's a completely mystery and a total beast, but there's no way we shouldn't have been able to kick Blueballs/Angry Waifu's/Zephyr's ass. I mean we have Demon Rean and Sara on our team so it's not exactly like the odds are stacked against us. I think I would have been more okay with the events of the tower climb if the assistance came to hold them back from giving chase after they recovered instead of the villains powering up and overtaking us after we just dunked them. At the end of the day though I didn't really mind too much because the finale itself was so fucking good that I forgot that the tower climb even existed. I was neutral about the Epilogue, it kind of felt shoved in but I guess it gave some closure to Class VII, the speech before the boss was stupid as fuck though. I just treated it as bonus content and was happy I got to play the game a little bit longer before it ended.

That finale ending though, holy fuck. Best ending to any game I've ever played.

Bro.. that feeling when:

Everything Crow did was fucking absolutely for nothing, and he died in vain. The Chancellor is still alive just like I predicted in this very thread, and that gigantic bombshell of a reveal he dropped on Rean was just... OMFG. How do you even recover from that? Where do you possibly go? It was a good and insane ending but it didn't keep me up til 4AM losing sleep like after what Weissman did to Joshua.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I'm nearly at the last act of the game. Quit being downers. D:

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Xanadu Next on Steam 11/3

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    I'm nearly at the last act of the game. Quit being downers. D:
    I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Sorry for the negativity but its just honesty imo. Maybe fc and sc spoiled me rotten lol.

BG Level

Odd question, but have there been any reports on how well Falcom has done getting their games released on Steam/GoG? Kinda curious if they'll reconsider making for PC again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshura View Post
    I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Sorry for the negativity but its just honesty imo. Maybe fc and sc spoiled me rotten lol.
    Even if the game ends on a sour note I still feel satisfied. Trails of Cold Steel 2 has to be the best turn based RPG I've played in a long time. Even though with the right combinations you can make the game ridiculously broken.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The ending is fantastic, there are just certain parts of the final dungeon that are obnoxious. I should mention I also liked this game more than SC.

BG Level

Speaking of the last dungeon, how much of a time cruncher is it? Lengthy like the last in TitS2?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Odd question, but have there been any reports on how well Falcom has done getting their games released on Steam/GoG? Kinda curious if they'll reconsider making for PC again.
    Xanadu Next is a PC only (N-Gage doesn't count). It looks like an Ys game but not using Adol. Also, Xseed/Marvelous seem to be the ones pushing Nihon Falcom to PC.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/312560/

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by theshun View Post
    Xseed/Marvelous seem to be the ones pushing Nihon Falcom to PC.
    Hopefully with any luck Falcom will consider it. I'd lose my shit if Ys8/Cold Steel 3/etc. got ported to PC.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Hopefully with any luck Falcom will consider it. I'd lose my shit if Ys8/Cold Steel 3/etc. got ported to PC.
    Ys8 should. It'll just be twelve years later. I think Falcom is dragging its feet on PC and Xseed and Marvelous are trying to pull them to it.

BG Level

Not really surprising. Falcon made the switch to mobile back in the early 2000s since it was to keep the company alive. But with how well digital sales have been I'm hoping it is enough for Falcom to change their minds and look into PC development.

Anyway, 2 shrines down in CS2. Anyone know the name of the song that plays inside the trials? That soft opera is surprisingly soothing.

BG Level

On the finale. Should be done by this weekend.

I also chose Laura as top waifu

BG Level

Just finished the finale and dear lord there's more?

RIP Crow...

BG Level

Just finished and yeah, I see what you guys mean about the ending.
    As cool as it was playing as characters in the Crossbell arch, the story past the finale really felt rushed/slapped together at the last minute. I suppose it was to show the characters leaving Thors and moving on with their lives.

Speaking of Thors, weren't they only first year students? Don't they have a second year? Or did I miss a year in this game somehow?

Overall, still a great game. They did a good job balancing out the issues of the first game and making one hell of a fun battle system.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

^
    When McBurn revealed he also had the same type of transformation as Rean along with a sword made of the same impossible material as Loewe, I really thought they were about to make us watch Arseid die, thank Aidios that was not the case. My heart was seriously about to fucking burst out of my chest during that scene, it was easily the highlight of the game. Osborne revealing he was Rean's father was also crazy as fuck, but then why let him be adopted? Was that scene when Rean was a child, was that him defending himself and his sister from Osborne trying to get him back? Seriously bothered we STILL don't fully know WTF happened in that scene and why do we have to wait 200+ hours still after such a reveal? I really hope the writer/creator takes a real deep breath and considers making some changes for the 3rd entry. I do agree the combat is definitely as the best it will ever be though I do miss the old Orbment system of just making random amazing builds and the chain combo system too.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshura View Post
    ^
    When McBurn revealed he also had the same type of transformation as Rean along with a sword made of the same impossible material as Loewe, I really thought they were about to make us watch Arseid die, thank Aidios that was not the case. My heart was seriously about to fucking burst out of my chest during that scene, it was easily the highlight of the game. Osborne revealing he was Rean's father was also crazy as fuck, but then why let him be adopted? Was that scene when Rean was a child, was that him defending himself and his sister from Osborne trying to get him back? Seriously bothered we STILL don't fully know WTF happened in that scene and why do we have to wait 200+ hours still after such a reveal? I really hope the writer/creator takes a real deep breath and considers making some changes for the 3rd entry. I do agree the combat is definitely as the best it will ever be though I do miss the old Orbment system of just making random amazing builds and the chain combo system too.
    That's my general complaint too. It's like "Rean, I am your father" then BAM! Roll credits followed by 2 chapters that literally went nowhere.

And yeah, I"m still confused about why we didn't get any information about Rean's transformation. I'm wondering if how Osborne has all this power now is foreshadowing he'll be the actual main villain.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Will finally be able to catch up with you bastards soon. Of course it comes out tomorrow when we have national holidays, but I asked the place I preordered from if there's a chance they will send it out today

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Anyone play Xanadu Next yet? I feel like a crack addict waiting for The Third and that fan translation of Zero . . .

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Holy shit. Was NOT expecting that.

..Also I swear if this game froze up on me after the ending song..

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    Holy shit. Was NOT expecting that.

..Also I swear if this game froze up on me after the ending song..
    I'll remember you?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag