+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Oh snap.

That reminds me, I have the fan translation of Nayuta no Kiseki sitting on my computer.. was that one any good? My friend said it was garbage, others just said "different".

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I heard it's basically the equivalent of taking google translate to it, making the melodrama almost unreadable, which is what this series thrives on.

Oh god, seriously @ Zero no Kiseki? If that's true, every other game coming out near that time is going to the back burner.

Forget Bracers, Military Academy, I get to be the mothafuckin POLICE.

Also the main character... is he seriously using Tonfa's like Riou from Suikoden 2? No gun? Lol even better somehow.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

http://www.heroesoflegend.org/forums...php?f=21&t=259

Also they're working on Ao no Kiseki

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Goddamn that is amazing. I am glad to know there are still people out there that do these. Looks like it's going to be the same story as the Ys games getting fan translated first on PC and then getting put on Steam much later.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Finding a JP copy of the game is going to suck, isn't it?

Also been listening to TitS:SC's OST today. Song still puts a smile on my face:

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

You have no idea, when they finally used it as the final section of the game's regular battles that shit got me hyped up to finish.

Spoiler: show
    When they used it for the duel between Joshua and Vander in particular, that scene was amazing and intense, it really showed that Mueller wasn't just Oliver's pal, but how the hell did he know all about Hamel and his past when nobody but Loewe or Weissmann probably know all that? If he's in Cold Steel, oh lord this is gonna be magnificent. He's another great character that really shined in this game like Kevin.

Also just want to say it's a goddamn crime not many have played these games, let alone complete them.

They are some of the best out there and I regret not giving them more attention earlier, but after I saw how FC left off yeah, fuck that Lol I would have gone insane if I wasn't able to continue that same night.

BG Level

Wow Dogi sure in the hell looks different in Ys VIII. Oh and have some bonus tunes too:

BG Level

Not much, but Falcom is considering on if Trails of Cold Steel III should be just for PS4 or PS4/Vita:

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/07/26...e-ps4-ps-vita/

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Personally hope it isn't a PS4 exclusive, but at the same time Cold Steel already had a ton of slowdown on Vita, I imagine it's only going to get worse from here. I'd probably buy a PS4 just for Cold Steel III if I know all future titles are gonna be on PS4.

Although I'd honestly just prefer they went back to PC development.

BG Level

I think Falcom has been considering that due to Steam/GoG sales. Not 100% certain though.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I don't see why not both PS4/Vita, just finish what you started. Seems PS3 is out of the fucking picture completely now, I feel bad for those players if they didn't/can't upgrade to PS4. Good thing is that the Vita TV is pretty dirt cheap these days.

I agree with going back to PC, and it's insane to think as of March this year, FC and SC have both sold a combined 350,000 sales. It's no wonder they are doing all kinds of projects right now, they probably finally hired more than ONE translator. Jessica Chavez, that poor soul, hope she's on a long vacation. She deserves it for basically single-handedly translating TiTS FC.

It wasn’t long before the editors at XSEED realized just how much of a burden they’d put on their shoulders. At 1.5 million Japanese characters, the first Trails in the Sky was much bigger than anything they’d published before, more akin to a visual novel than a traditional RPG. There were hundreds of non-player characters, each with their own names and personalities and lines upon lines of dialogue to translate and edit. XSEED editor Jessica Chavez spent nine months crunching non-stop—14 hours a day, six days a week—just to get through it all.

“When I finally finished it I’d dropped ~10% of my body weight and was down to 99lbs,” she told me in an e-mail earlier this year. She said she cut off 18 inches of her hair “in some sort of retaliation for the headaches the weight of it had given me while working.”
    Goddamn. But thank Aidios for her, and all the team because we wouldn't have these great games and I would have never played them.

3rd is probably going to be my favorite of the bunch since it's going to continue right off SC and answer some more questions.

BG Level

Damn that's pretty scary. I don't envy the poor soul that has to translate any of the Trails games alone. They are a friggin' novel.

Speaking of Trails, still no news on ToCS2's release date. Sites still say Q3 but given how late we are in, I'm thinking late Q4 at the earliest. Sucks too, I really want to see this song in action:

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Damn that's pretty scary. I don't envy the poor soul that has to translate any of the Trails games alone. They are a friggin' novel.

Speaking of Trails, still no news on ToCS2's release date. Sites still say Q3 but given how late we are in, I'm thinking late Q4 at the earliest. Sucks too, I really want to see this song in action:
    GameStop says it right here

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/game...steel-2/129175

SEPT 06, less than one fucking month. I HAVE LESS THAN ONE MONTH, to beat CS1, is this possible?

Also... You have no idea my friend...

One day in March of last year, video game writer Andrew Dice wrote out a check for all of his company’s money. He stuck it in the doorframe at his business partner’s apartment in Portland, Oregon, then went back to his own place. (They live in the same complex.) He closed all the windows. Then, as he tells it, he laid down on his bed and picked up a knife, preparing to plunge it into his chest.

He was interrupted by pounding on the door, he says: It was Robin Light-Williams, his partner. Dice thought for a few seconds, then put the knife down and let his friend in. They talked for a while, and Dice decided not to kill himself.

“I’m doing fairly better now,” Dice told me last month, recounting one of the darkest memories of his life. “I still have some rough periods, because I’ve had rough periods since I was like 14 years old… But in March of 2014 I was feeling like I’d fucked up. I’d led us onto a bad project. I hadn’t formatted things correctly... I was kind of a wreck.”

Up to that point, Dice and Light-Williams had spent nearly three years working on the English localization for said “bad project”—a role-playing game called The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter. It’s taken nearly half a decade for Second Chapter to come out in English, and those who have worked on localization of the game say it was a hellish undertaking. Given the size of the script—over three million Japanese characters—and the many obstacles the game faced on its route to U.S. shores, employees at the publisher XSEED saw it as their white whale. To describe SC’s localization as “challenging” would be like describing the Pacific Ocean as “damp.”

That March, Dice took a knife to his chest. He later wrote about the experience in a blog post, explaining that he’d sunk into a cycle of depression and self-loathing triggered in part by his work on Trails in the Sky SC. “A thousand, thousand failures haunt me,” he wrote. “Failures that caused others pain, discomfort, distress. Failures so many I can no longer count them all.”

In the summer of 2014, three years after they’d first formed a partnership, Carpe Fulgur and XSEED agreed to part ways. It had become clear that things weren’t working, and Dice hadn’t made much progress on SC since December, so Carpe Fulgur sent over everything they’d done and XSEED took back the reins. Publicly, the publisher maintained that the game would be out by the end of the year, but after what they’d been through, that seemed unlikely.

Chavez, who at that point had moved from LA to Australia and was working for XSEED on a freelance basis, reluctantly took over editing on the project. At that point, she said, Carpe Fulgur had translated it all, but they’d still only finished editing around 50% of the game. “I had about six months to do it,” Chavez said. “For reference, about half of SC is 1.6 million [Japanese characters], which was about how much was left. FC was 1.5 million, and that took nine months.”

Chavez crunched and crunched for half a year, editing text until her eyes bled. She tweaked dialogue, fixed typos, and started correcting all of the terminology mistakes that remained in the script. She estimates that the script clocked in at 716,401 words, which is roughly the size of 10 novels. For context: the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy is 455,125 words. Tolstoy’s War and Peace (New American Library Version) is 587,287.
    A man almost died for this game to happen, but I do think Dice was being a bit melodramatic considering Chavez was the one actually dying to make this shit happen. Though I do imagine the pressure that was on him would definitely want to make someone bite the bullet, or knife to the chest in his case, goddamn.

I almost lost my sanity at times just reading thru the text. Because I hardcore'd through both FC+SC basically non stop whenever I wasn't working or had any commitments. Thankfully the writing was so amazingly done well that I actually don't regret it at all, but holy shit I can't even imagine what it must have been like localizing this game, it really was a bitch and a half for them and I am glad to see it pay off. I truly hope things are much much better for XSEED now, Aidios bless those poor souls.

BG Level

Yeah I remember that. Still gives me a "Jesus Fucking Christ" feel. It's unreal how big of a project so few tackled.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

GS has it listed for 9/6/2016 for PS3 and Vita.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Fuck my life, it took me a month for each of FC and SC. There is no way I am going to beat CS1 on time, but I am still getting that shit DAY ONE. I am going to try to time that cliff hanger with it, so I hope this doesn't let me down guys.

Damn, there's not going to be a special edition this time around? That sucks, but not too big of a deal because the Erebonia crest with that horse looks awful. I thought it was lions or some shit?

BG Level

September 3rd is a placeholder date as far as I know. I haven't heard any official word from XSEED yet.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

^^I think I found Corrderio.

Lol damn though, that sucks it looks like they still aren't certain either. I don't even know if that's an official page or not but I am not in a huge rush for this game to come out, and I would rather not rush people who almost died localizing this.

BG Level

I've heard Fall 2016 since near the start of the year and considering how late we are in the year, I'm kinda iffy on it happening.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh damn so close. Definitely more excited for this than XV.

I was wondering, I played 1 on vita, can I get 2 on ps3 and still transfer my save? The loading times were a little annoying

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag