Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I think I saw a function or option where you could actually play between the two versions, but I am not 100% certain. Would be very cool and useful, especially when it comes out on PS4!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It did have the cross play functionality. However I'm wondering if I will be able to transfer the end save from 1 from vita if I buy the 2nd for ps3. I guess I'll try to Google this after work

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

If it's a dummy date, EVERYONE has it on the same day? That's really odd. Amazon is listed 9/6, too. If it's Q3, why not the last Tuesday 9/27? I mean, they do what they want.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I dunno, it seems weird they'd have those but XSEED wouldn't announce the date themselves. I haven't seen any gaming news site I frequent mention a date either.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Good fucking god this song, I almost forgot about it completely because of everything that happened in the end and it's only used ONE time.

BG Level

Doesn't that play when....
    Spoiler: show
    Weissmann manages to activate the Ark and cause a huge orbital shutdown?

And yeah. SC had some great moments. I still enjoy this part:

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

@up definitely a very satisfying scene. I don't usually care much about romance in my games, but this was one of those couples I actually cheered for.

BG Level

Maybe it's because I don't branch out enough, but I can't think of any other RPGs that have such a memorable scene. There was so much buildup to it and when it finally happens it's pretty much flawless.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    @up definitely a very satisfying scene. I don't usually care much about romance in my games, but this was one of those couples I actually cheered for.
    Oh yes, no doubt about that.

Nothing was more satisfying than seeing Estelle call Joshua out for running away, she 100% nailed it. He really did blame himself for everything. In the end of FC he literally says "Is this my punishment? My sister, and Loewe". That was some insane foreshadowing and amazing setup for SC's reveals. Weissmann also I feel did not let down in the end thank god. The way he captured Estelle and brought her to them directly was very unexpected, along with him just introducing himself to her the way he did. Only thing that bothered me, I honestly was a little disappointed in their lack of shock from everyone that a noob like Prof Alba had them all fooled. Schera was the only one in FC that pointed out it was bizarre that he was by himself in the towers on more than one occasion, but fails to bring this up again. No wonder she's D rank.

Especially have to give praise for Agate. When Loewe said they were alike, I really had no idea. Until they fully revealed both Agate's backstory and Loewe's along with what happened in Hamel. I'm still very bummed he's gone, he was easily one of the coolest and best characters in the series.

Also, I must ASK. I never got this because my rank was too high, and apparently you have to purposely be very bad for this to happen:

Cassius is otherwordly strong, it's pretty scary what he can do with a bo staff.

Other than Fei and Elly in Xenogears, I can't think of another game that had a more satisfying relationship from start to finish, but Xenogears even more because you literally see it blossom from the moment they meet.

BUT TiTs definitely left a bigger impact overall because they actually finished the games. Zing!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, Fei and Elly were the other couple that came to mind

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshura View Post
    -SNIP-

I still get a Larvos vibe from that boss.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

It gets the award for the most unexpected WTF OUT OF NOWHERE final boss of all time next to Necron in FF9. It was actually a very cool surprise though, annihilation mode was actually a challenge, I almost thought I was gonna get a game over.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

So good. Here's to hoping XSeed starts working on localizing this after releasing Cold Steel II.

BG Level

I think my ears just came the Pacific Ocean from those tracks.

I don't doubt it will come stateside. The president of XSEED is a huge Ys nut from what I heard.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

You guys don't wait until you fight the final boss to hear the music the first time? I have to hold back, I love a surprise. But at the same time, reading your reaction makes me

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

spoiler alert, it was the combat trailer music

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

2 months after completing FC and SC of TiTS and the feels are still strong. Is this normal? I haven't taken a liking to a JRPG this much since Suikoden I and II. This might be the greatest JRPG of all time, and I know a lot of people would call me crazy but is it really? It's challenging as fuck, especially if you play it on Nightmare, I really enjoyed the combat and strategy, and the story is probably one of the best I have seen in any type of media, it really transcended that level. Maybe it's because how recent I played these but I really don't recall a time I was this obsessed with a series that wasn't MegaTen related or Suikoden.

I am glad I finally gave in, I seriously told my friend I would NEVER play these games because of the notoriously long dialogue and because I couldn't actually immerse myself at all in my living situtaion. But this year I got my own place, and I was extra thirsty for a damn good JRPG, it had been since 2014. I 100% an easy game like Lunar 2 Complete, I wasn't satisfied and then finally bought these two behemoth games and don't regret it one damn bit. It was time well spent and I already miss the characters and want to play 3rd badly.

BG Level

Don't you still need to play Trails of Cold Steel? It's just as good.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Yes still in the middle of that still and loving it, it's basically everything you wish Trails FC and SC had. The quick travel shortcuts, spending time and learning about characters on the side. I don't like the pretty much direct copy of Persona with the day by day and I assume later a waifu simulator added but I am guessing it's got the clever Falcom spin on it and man I will never doubt this company again. Lol.

Also Ao/Zero Spoilers below.

Taking a wild guess she is going to be Loewe's replacement or equal out of the evil bunch.

I need this in my life already too, think I am in love with Arianhod.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshura View Post
    2 months after completing FC and SC of TiTS and the feels are still strong. Is this normal? I haven't taken a liking to a JRPG this much since Suikoden I and II. This might be the greatest JRPG of all time, and I know a lot of people would call me crazy but is it really? It's challenging as fuck, especially if you play it on Nightmare, I really enjoyed the combat and strategy, and the story is probably one of the best I have seen in any type of media, it really transcended that level. Maybe it's because how recent I played these but I really don't recall a time I was this obsessed with a series that wasn't MegaTen related or Suikoden.

I am glad I finally gave in, I seriously told my friend I would NEVER play these games because of the notoriously long dialogue and because I couldn't actually immerse myself at all in my living situtaion. But this year I got my own place, and I was extra thirsty for a damn good JRPG, it had been since 2014. I 100% an easy game like Lunar 2 Complete, I wasn't satisfied and then finally bought these two behemoth games and don't regret it one damn bit. It was time well spent and I already miss the characters and want to play 3rd badly.
    Nah this is pretty normal, I've pretty much made all of my closest friends start playing trails. I tried to get my girlfriend to do it too but she doesn't really play games so she didn't get far q_q

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag